List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We paid $800,000 for him to not play for us this year we may as well pay $200,000 for him to not play for us next year. It's not like we don't have the cap space, just wan't him off our list at this point.
Why pay him anything though if we don't get a half decent pick for him?

If he wants to go to another club, we are entitled to rip his contract up. That's what most of us don't understand.

its simplistic just to talk about ins and outs.
If gave them both away for nothing and got Jones and Gray with next years draft picks, you could still say Bruce and Steven out Gray and Jones in.
Doesn't make it good.
Can we spare the David King maths for dummies please.

If we pay Jacks salary , we need a decent pick. We deserve what we can get for Josh Bruce, just because someone headhunts him , doesn't mean we stick him out on the nature stip.

Lol some twit on trade radio just rang in under the impression that the Saints wanted to offload Jack for salary cap purposes.

I think you might need to accept the possibility that the club has infact decided to put bruce out on the naturestrip. (Ie we have other plans cooking and definately don't want him anymore)

All I'm saying is that if that is the case (we are committed to a bruce-less future)....bruce for jones is the likely best we will do irrespective of:
his contracted status
his potential value to the doggies or
his past performances

It's entirely a different discussion about whether we are infact committed to a bruce-less future.
(I say maybe we are, because perhaps bing has told us he definately wants out this year or next).

And finally- if you ever associate me with david king again I'll cry.

If he wants to go to another club, we are entitled to rip his contract up. That's what most of us don't understand.
Dead right , if he leaves he breaks his contract full stop - his option , we will take Constable a mate of Max King's and will only encourage Ben to join us next year.

I think it says more about the biased voting than Ross’s performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So it is the umpires, the coaches around the competition and coaches at the club who are showing bias when voting rather than your own personal bias affecting your view on him?

Constable is staying at Geelong according to AFL site, so what other players would we ask for as trade for Steven? Cockatoo? Guthrie? Buzza? Narkle?

Daniher can't get on the park but worth pick 4 or maybe more, Bruce worth a third rounder.

Papley worth pick 9, Steven worth a third rounder.

What a time to be alive...

Contracted players' value isn't just purely about their ability and performance.

How willing their current club are to keep them is also a major factor in what they get traded for.

If the bombers REALLY don't want daniher to leave, they will dig in and not accept anything but a great deal.
Because if nothing happens- they are happy.

It appears this may not be the case with us and bruce- we may not be happy from a planning/list mgt perspective if bruce is still on our list in 2020.

I don't think we have the legal right to? If we want to break his contract then we have to de-list him but if we trade him then he has a right to continue his previous contract. That's my understanding anyway and that those are the breaks even if the player is the one requesting the trade. But i could be wrong.

I don't think we have the legal right to? If we want to break his contract then we have to de-list him but if we trade him then he has a right to continue his previous contract. That's my understanding anyway and that those are the breaks even if the player is the one requesting the trade. But i could be wrong.
No that's not the way it works.

He wants to leaves, he's the one breaking the contract. We'd come to an agreement to tear it up.

You can't demand to break a contract and expect to be paid.

I think we keep him and let him sit out. Let him go at the end of next year as UFA. We’d get more in compo
GWS did it with McCarthy when he wanted back home citing mental health.
If we’re getting pick 36 or 54 for our best player.....nup
Hopefully Geelong get WCs 24 and pass that on. Seems about right even tho I’d prefer we pay most of his salary and they give us 17 instead

I think we keep him and let him sit out. Let him go at the end of next year as UFA. We’d get more in compo
GWS did it with McCarthy when he wanted back home citing mental health.
If we’re getting pick 36 or 54 for our best player.....nup
Hopefully Geelong get WCs 24 and pass that on. Seems about right even tho I’d prefer we pay most of his salary and they give us 17 instead
i have to agree pick in the 20s needs to get us Jones....if what we get for Jack gets us Jones then all good. Both quick and can’t kick, Jones is younger and will actually play. Unfortunately in Jacks current state that is a big upgrade for our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constable is staying at Geelong according to AFL site, so what other players would we ask for as trade for Steven? Cockatoo? Guthrie? Buzza? Narkle?
Doubt you guys would want to bring both Jones AND Narkle into the side. Serial ball butchers (although I do feel both have scope to improve on this). Narkle does impress me as a player. Really composed in the contest despite his inexperience, I saw him take a lot of players on during finals, he finds a lot of the ball, seems to run all day. Just super unreliable once he's tasked with disposal

I'd ask for Guthrie if I were the Saints, although no idea why Geelong would bring in Steven and send out Guthrie since it really does little to improve their side.

No that's not the way it works.

He wants to leaves, he's the one breaking the contract. We'd come to an agreement to tear it up.

You can't demand to break a contract and expect to be paid.
Just to be certain, Simon’s over at the Saints lawyers office as we speak picking up another copy of that contract 👍🏻

So it is the umpires, the coaches around the competition and coaches at the club who are showing bias when voting rather than your own personal bias affecting your view on him?

Anyone who thinks Seb Ross had a great season is incompetent in my book.

So no to Whitfield because of money or asking price...what if he requested a trade and nominated the saints next week..
Every time a GWS player comes up, it becomes a feeding frenzy, 2 first round draft picks and multi year million $ plus contracts and they mostly seem to be jacking up their GWS contract..

If he wanted a trade, nominated the Saints, we take him as a salary dump, a second rounder and DMac or Lonie, then sure, but you can bet it'll cost a hell of a lot more.

so was it biased when Jack Steven won it 4 times ? what about when Rooey won it 6 times ? what about when Lenny won it 3 times or Harves 4 times ??

Are you actually comparing Seb’s season to any of those above?

It was an absolute abomination that he won.

I have no problems with his previous B&F win BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back