List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Billings would thrive as captain. He showed at stages this year he can do the hard things. He put his body on the line backing into packs on numerous occasions. With the added responsibility i reckon he would harden up significantly. Expecting to be rubbished on this point of view of course :)
I think Billings is courageous enough to be a captain, for sure, but his intensity is just a bit off. It's not a attitude problem, I think he's just naturally a bit lackadaisical in nature

Hardly ordinary circumstances and if you don’t ask then you definitely won’t get one.

True, just can't see it happening we would have had to finish bottom 2 with less than a five wins IMO. It's another way bad luck bit us on the arse. If next year we drop down and have less than 5 wins there might be a chance.

I suspect Billings is the type to be hard on himself and his lerformance, whilst being a bit introvert.

He may well have had a light bulb moment under Slater with regards to his good he can become and his place in the game.

He great season considering he got pain shots over the last 6-7 games. Just needs to believe in himself and his capacity to be a leader.

Still a work in progress, but don't ry lii e him out. The fact he sought advice from Slater tells me he had the right attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Brad Hill the only certainty at this stage?

Bit worried about losing Bruce. Carlisle looks like staying which is good.
Yep. Bruce may it get traded if we need a pick for another player like Bing. Don't think we will trade him for a second shot at the draft.

Hopefully pick 12 + Blake for Hill and pick 6 to the draft.

Yep. Bruce may it get traded if we need a pick for another player like Bing. Don't think we will trade him for a second shot at the draft.

Hopefully pick 12 + Blake for Hill and pick 6 to the draft.
I’m a fan of Acres, don’t really wanna lose him but I get it. 6 years & minimal impact.

I must say im loving all these matter of fact posts , so and so wont be at the club next year , so and so will be at the club next year , we need to start an archive for all these as fact posts and see who is full of crap and who is not

Even if we have agreement with players we still have to arrange a trade between clubs - so it wont get a tick until then. We all know lots of curve balls occur during the trade period.

It is however interesting chatter to keep us going thru the finals until then!

Anyone else here want/wanted Bruce captain?
I don't know about making him captain!
But i certainly don't want to lose him, unless it absolutely guarantees us Ming
And even then i'm still hesitant!

Still maintain there are better options if we need to get creative in order to get B King!
Without hurting the team and our scoring power as much!

Even if we have agreement with players we still have to arrange a trade between clubs - so it wont get a tick until then. We all know lots of curve balls occur during the trade period.

It is however interesting chatter to keep us going thru the finals until then!
Agree , it just seems some ,not all are just out to try and get status , anyway throw enough darts one will hit eventually ;)

I’m a fan of Acres, don’t really wanna lose him but I get it. 6 years & minimal impact.
I'll put it out there that apart from about 8 players, I don't care who goes, as long as it benefits us long term.

Whatever happens will be governed by what other clubs are willing to do.

We have taken an aggressive approach for the right deal. Of we don't get it, the player stays.

I think Billings is courageous enough to be a captain, for sure, but his intensity is just a bit off. It's not a attitude problem, I think he's just naturally a bit lackadaisical in nature

I doubt he’s lackadaisical at all. Apparently a pretty intense preparer and fairly demanding at training. That’s what I’ve heard but people on here who attend training sessions regularly may have more of an idea.

I think he was just naturally a little reserved but this past season he has done more media etc and seems to have come out of his shell a fair amount.

I suspect Billings is the type to be hard on himself and his lerformance, whilst being a bit introvert.

He may well have had a light bulb moment under Slater with regards to his good he can become and his place in the game.

He great season considering he got pain shots over the last 6-7 games. Just needs to believe in himself and his capacity to be a leader.

Still a work in progress, but don't ry lii e him out. The fact he sought advice from Slater tells me he had the right attitude.

And also his whole boxing training stint with...I forget his name.

*Soliman

Welcome back, by the way, was a bit quiet around here without you and the Pluggerman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back