List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly, he puts his head over the ball, lays tackles, wins contested possessions and goes back with the flight when needed.

It’s not his game style and never was to be an in and under grunt or a ferociously attack the ball carrier type like a Ben long. Billing’s is a gun but like a nick dal santo he’ll always have his critics.
agree, but nick dal santo was a much better player.

Exactly so why no compensation submission by the saints.

because the AFL doesn't give special concessions to clubs with injuries. It's unprecedented. Imagine Eddie if we were given a priority pick for it. Other clubs might encourage doctors to declare players medically unfit to play to get them off the books with compo.

The only way Jones doesn't come is if we convince Crouch to join us.

Factual opinion, or opinionated fact?

You decide.

Spew. He kicks like a mule. So does Crouch but he wins a heap of ball inside and is a true mid.

Take it as opinion mate haha. From what I’ve heard / think Jones, Paddy & Hill are done deals to the Saints pending trade negotiations! Sorry MM :cool:
See that's totally different to Jones, Paddy and Hill will be at the club , i like it Bro , and of course i dont believe 99.9 % of the stuff posted on here and anyone that does needs to get a new hobby

See that's totally different to Jones, Paddy and Hill will be at the club , i like it Bro , and of course i dont believe 99.9 % of the stuff posted on here and anyone that does needs to get a new hobby
What are you trying to say Captain?

I'll have you know many potential recruits
Have already checked out the facilities at my dungeon! :moustache:

I say it every time the captain debate comes up - Rotational captains.

2020 - J.Steele
2021 - B.Hill
2022 - J.Battle
2023 - R.Marshall
2024 - J.Gresham
2025 - C.Wilkie
2026 - M.King
2027 - B.King
2028 - H.Clark
2029 - N.Anderson

It was the best thing Thommo ever did as coach.

because the AFL doesn't give special concessions to clubs with injuries. It's unprecedented. Imagine Eddie if we were given a priority pick for it. Other clubs might encourage doctors to declare players medically unfit to play to get them off the books with compo.

I think the only way those injuries would get us some kind of compensation would be if we were looking to get a priority pick, they might be considered. Given we finished a few games out of the 8, it's hard to imagine the club even asking the AFL at this stage for a PP.

Our captain should be either Dunstan or Membrey imo...

If Paddy does finish up, which I hope he does and he should almost definitely, I hope we still keep him around the club in some capacity. Love the bloke, maybe he could be a runner or something.

Our captain should be either Dunstan or Membrey imo...

If Paddy does finish up, which I hope he does and he should almost definitely, I hope we still keep him around the club in some capacity. Love the bloke, maybe he could be a runner or something.

12 months ago I was certain we needed a new captain, but Geary really showed a lot early in the year. It was cruel that he was finally showing on the field his leadership qualities, he had two freak injuries.
I think it's time for a vice captain, alongside Geary. Geary should have been vice captain to Riewoldt in his final year. Riewoldt was so close to breaking the all time games record for Captain, it was a shame he didn't break it.

I'm not sure Dunstan is reliable enough to be our captain, though. He has heart, but like Geary - if he can't show it on field he'll be the laughing stock of Saints fans.
If Hanners can overcome his hammy's, I think he'd be a perfect fit. I can see Marshall as a leader one day, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly ordinary circumstances and if you don’t ask then you definitely won’t get one.

12 months ago I was certain we needed a new captain, but Geary really showed a lot early in the year. It was cruel that he was finally showing on the field his leadership qualities, he had two freak injuries.
I think it's time for a vice captain, alongside Geary. Geary should have been vice captain to Riewoldt in his final year. Riewoldt was so close to breaking the all time games record for Captain, it was a shame he didn't break it.

I'm not sure Dunstan is reliable enough to be our captain, though. He has heart, but like Geary - if he can't show it on field he'll be the laughing stock of Saints fans.
If Hanners can overcome his hammy's, I think he'd be a perfect fit. I can see Marshall as a leader one day, too.
He’s not even a best 22 lock, during the year plenty of people wanted him dropped and traded.

Hannebery would be a good bridge to a younger guy but surely coming off playing a few games he can’t get the job. Maybe geary gets another year I don’t think there’s an obvious replacement unless it’s ross.

He’s not even a best 22 lock, during the year plenty of people wanted him dropped and traded.

Hannebery would be a good bridge to a younger guy but surely coming off playing a few games he can’t get the job. Maybe geary gets another year I don’t think there’s an obvious replacement unless it’s ross.
Unfortunately we don't have much to choose from.

I'd give it to Dan, if there hadn't been any indiscretions as rumoured.

Emerging leaders are just too young IMO.

Billings has become a very good player this year and would be a high B going on A grade....but he's seriously the most unlikely leader I could imagine. He gives off a 13 yo boy vibe. He is nervous and shy and looks like communication doesn't come natural to him. If he was tossing the coin, I'd feel like we had the game in the bag if I was an opposition captain.

Steele again he's quite quiet and reserved, doesn't come across as as a leader and probably doesn't play a game that says jump on my back. Got a bit of the Seb Ross about him. Ross seems like he's very serious though and seems like he's demanding more because of it.

To me the leader types are Bruce, Newnes, Brown, Gresham and Dunstan. Dunny is more a good guy mates with everyone type but doesn't have the game yet, Gresham seems like he hates everyone outside his teammates and the others might not be at the club next year.

I would give it to Marshall myself. He's a bit enigmatic, he's a happy character but his size and and approachability might give him a bit of respect from the boys. He plays a game that says he'll carry them in to battle with him too. Good age as well, he's heading for mid 20s already and should have 10 years ahead of him.
I'd give it to membrey with billings as vice to see if he could start to take it on board mabey for the future

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I say it every time the captain debate comes up - Rotational captains.

2020 - J.Steele
2021 - B.Hill
2022 - J.Battle
2023 - R.Marshall
2024 - J.Gresham
2025 - C.Wilkie
2026 - M.King
2027 - B.King
2028 - H.Clark
2029 - N.Anderson

It was the best thing Thommo ever did as coach.

I think its a good idea when you dont have the obvious perfect leader, as it raises the group to aspire to the job. For me Hannebrey is the perfect choice for next year to lift the bar. This year would have been the perfect year to rotate the captiancy by looking at blokes like Bruce, Membrey etc to bring on their leadership qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back