List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Maybe i'm just biased but i hope we stick with Aish and acres on the wings, both showed plenty in what was essentially a new role for them, i think based on sheer talent hopefully with more consistency (aish not getting shoved to half back, acres not getting injured and playing hardly any games) they have another level to go to which is really exciting

Can everyone here that is talking up Phillips please go and read the Pies opinion of him? Guarantee if we sign him that most if not all of you will be hating half way through 2021.
Who cares what BF people thought 2 months ago
Make your flipping mind up Joao, are we supposed to care what people on BF think or not.

Tying yourself in knots.

Nick rynne on the hard ball gets pod with Xavier Ellis Ryan Daniels reckons dockers have maxed out the cap, reckon that’s the reason they haven’t signed Schulz and bewley. Seems hard to believe ?

Come on then wahooo

Tell me why it is the same thing since you are feeling brave enough to just use an emoji.
Hahaha little touchy today? Have a laugh mate.

There's a thing called consistency. You can be consistent within your arguments across a range of contexts.

Nick rynne on the hard ball gets pod with Xavier Ellis Ryan Daniels reckons dockers have maxed out the cap, reckon that’s the reason they haven’t signed Schulz and bewley. Seems hard to believe ?
Seems impossible to believe. Our list management would be worse than Collingwood.

Don't we have the second youngest list in the comp? We should have a money chest like Carlton.

The Jordan Clark thread on the main board is good for a laugh. WC fans suggesting a straight swap for Brander. So pretty much the equivalent of us offering Banfield, although at least Banners has kicked an AFL goal before.

I didn't mind the look of Brander pre-draft but he's been woeful so far. If they can get a 2nd rounder for him they should start the car.

Jordan Clark is a player I would be very interested in getting to Freo. Would compliment our team perfectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's some blokes getting seriously overpaid if that's the case. Might explain why we are interested in going to the draft too. Can't afford established players.

Hahaha little touchy today? Have a laugh mate.

There's a thing called consistency. You can be consistent within your arguments across a range of contexts.
If you are going to have a stab, at least have the courage to call out the detail.

Now you can compare the pair.

Acres:
Got bake after bake here until the last month of the season where he finally got fit and played well. Now in general is regarded ok/well.

Phillips:
Getting bashed by Collingwood supporters now because he can't kick and is overpaid.

The timing is everything, I can't help if you didn't notice the subtlety.

Also, the context is everything here. I don't even remember the what the Acres post was about but the Phillips one wasn't my opinion on Phillips (however similar). It was simply pointing out how most here are going to feel if he signs. Mostly, I was questioning how much people on here have watched. I suspect DBT has actually seen him play, but I reckon a great deal more just see the 2018 stats and BnF finishes and conclude he is good.

That's why offloading Blakely off the books for a 5th rounder is a must.

Hamling too imo. We have a good backline without him.

Also, the context is everything here. I don't even remember the what the Acres post was about but the Phillips one wasn't my opinion on Phillips (however similar). It was simply pointing out how most here are going to feel if he signs. Mostly, I was questioning how much people on here have watched. I suspect DBT has actually seen him play, but I reckon a great deal more just see the 2018 stats and BnF finishes and conclude he is good.

I watch far too much football, 100% a footy nuff but my view is bias towards Phillips as I watched him at the G have 30+ and kick 3 against us. Have seen a fair bit of him from just purely living over here. He isn't silk but he's certainly not a hack kick.

I watch far too much football, 100% a footy nuff but my view is bias towards Phillips as I watched him at the G have 30+ and kick 3 against us. Have seen a fair bit of him from just purely living over here. He isn't silk but he's certainly not a hack kick.
I definitely used to watch too much but don't have the time anymore. Probably only get to see 2-3 games a weekend.

I rated his 2018 and got him in fantasy to have him stink in 2019. Probably why I am biased.

Hack would definitely be unfair, I'd say Langdon is a hack kick and he is better than him.

I definitely used to watch too much but don't have the time anymore. Probably only get to see 2-3 games a weekend.

I rated his 2018 and got him in fantasy to have him stink in 2019. Probably why I am biased.

Hack would definitely be unfair, I'd say Langdon is a hack kick and he is better than him.

Haha the curse of a fantasy dud season. Don't worry I think Josh Dunkley is a dud and forever will be after this season.

Our half back/wing group consists of: Logue, Conca, Acres, Cerra, Aish, Ryan, Wilson, Hughes, Tucker, Young, Henry, Hill, Giro, Frederick, Duman, Watson

16 of 39 remaining on our list this season.

Some of them are used elsewhere, some can be used elsewhere but that's what we are looking at to fill that role.

I haven't included Brayshaw even though he lined up on the wing too.

If Aish can play on ball as well as off the wing then it would potentially make us a better team with someone replacing him on the wing.

But why can't Nathan Wilson get fit enough to play that role and hoof it deep?

Maybe i'm just biased but i hope we stick with Aish and acres on the wings, both showed plenty in what was essentially a new role for them, i think based on sheer talent hopefully with more consistency (aish not getting shoved to half back, acres not getting injured and playing hardly any games) they have another level to go to which is really exciting
Would be nice to get another wingman that could kick a goal or two though, Aish has no confidence if he ever gets in a position close to goal.

I can imagine him on the wing, bit of dash.

Or is he support for Willo?

I think our #28 pick just might get it done if they are doing a Salary dump to pull in a big fish!
Bit of both? I like him on the wing because he has some aerial ability to go with pace. Obviously useful down back too.

We should have Walker who might also bolster both positions (at least one).

Our half back/wing group consists of: Logue, Conca, Acres, Cerra, Aish, Ryan, Wilson, Hughes, Tucker, Young, Henry, Hill, Giro, Frederick, Duman, Watson

16 of 39 remaining on our list this season.

Some of them are used elsewhere, some can be used elsewhere but that's what we are looking at to fill that role.

I haven't included Brayshaw even though he lined up on the wing too.

If Aish can play on ball as well as off the wing then it would potentially make us a better team with someone replacing him on the wing.

But why can't Nathan Wilson get fit enough to play that role and hoof it deep?
Aish played mainly inside in the pre-season game against carlton and was brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back