Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:

Gold Coast
I hope he is one taken before our pick for two reasons, 1 - I don't think he's a player that would be a good fit for our needs and 2 - it will mean one of the other top tier talents is available and not taken in the top four... For me, my preferred goes 1 - Callaghan, 2 - Andrew , 3 - Erasmus / Ward...
Hobbs looks terrific but put him with Mitchell, O'Mera & Worpel & he looks like more of the same, which is precisely what we don't need.. Still hoping that the Hawkers try to manufacture a pick swap / upgrade with GWS for their pick 2.

Last edited:
I hope he is one taken before our pick for two reasons, 1 - I don't think he's a player that would be a good fit for our needs and 2 - it will mean one of the other top tier talents is available and not taken in the top four... For me it's 1 - Callaghan, 2 - Andrew , 3 - Erasmus / Ward...
Hobbs looks terrific but put him with Mitchell, O'Mera & Worpel & he looks like more of the same, which is precisely what we don't need.. Still hoping that the Hawkers try to manufacture a pick swap / upgrade with GWS for their pick 2.
If Hobbs is there at our pick and we rate him the best mid in the draft then we will take him regardless of what we already have on the list.
We are building a midfield group to win our next flag, not to compliment what we have in the 28+ brigade.

Van-rooyen looks a likely type for a kpd. Seems to have an aggressive hard edge in addition to good size and athleticism. Appears a good pick up with one of our 2nds (if there).

Knevitt the other I like for our 2nd. Just a genuine big body mid (193cm) with good athleticism. Combine him with Nash and that’s some serious size inside.

So add a classy or pacy mid with our first (eg Erasmus, maybe Sinn If think is a mid) and then hope we’ve found a way for a 1-2 extra picks to add some more class/speed (a Draper or Chesser type).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Van-Rooyen looks a likely type for a kpd. Seems to have an aggressive hard edge in addition to good size and athleticism. Appears a good pick up with one of our 2nds (if there).

Knevitt the other I like for our 2nd. Just a genuine big body mid (193cm) with good athleticism. Combine him with Nash and that’s some serious size inside.

So add a classy or pacy mid with our first (eg Erasmus, maybe Sinn If think is a mid) and then hope we’ve found a way for a 1-2 extra picks to add some more class/speed (a Draper or Chesser type).

If he’s still available with pick 21 or 24. I really hope he’s a player that’s being considered.

Not a chance, his bolting up the draft order at the moment.. Will be staggered if Freo don't grab him.
Correct. I think we could see a pretty conservative approach from teams who will go home grown more than usual be
Van-rooyen looks a likely type for a kpd. Seems to have an aggressive hard edge in addition to good size and athleticism. Appears a good pick up with one of our 2nds (if there).

Couldn't agree more on Knevitt. Think he will be a player. I would love a draft of
Ward, Knevitt, Alleer.. would address our midfield balance and add a high upside KPP.

Nah, he is mature age. Still only 20odd. Big, big upside. Can't really kick all that well, but sh*t he can fly!
Big unit! A few players hearing footsteps in those clips. We have skilled ball users all though the backline he just needs to handball well!

Correct. I think we could see a pretty conservative approach from teams who will go home grown more than usual be

Couldn't agree more on Knevitt. Think he will be a player. I would love a draft of
Ward, Knevitt, Alleer.. would address our midfield balance and add a high upside KPP.
Ward/Erasmus, Knevitt, Alleer would be an incredible draft hand- and an incredible amount of height injected into our side which would be awesome to see.

Im worried that goater improved significantly when sent back to the HBF at Calder. He isn't a big accumulator yet but seems to find alot of it at HBF and gets lots of intercept possessions. I think clubs will be wary that he projects as a HBF at the next level and maybe not that pure mid. He would be similar to a Jeremy Howe in that position but with more toe. Think he goes 10-20

Im worried that goater improved significantly when sent back to the HBF at Calder. He isn't a big accumulator yet but seems to find alot of it at HBF and gets lots of intercept possessions. I think clubs will be wary that he projects as a HBF at the next level and maybe not that pure mid. He would be similar to a Jeremy Howe in that position but with more toe. Think he goes 10-20
I think teams want exposed midfield form to part with a top 5 pick. The talk on Callaghan was that he was a mid first rounder before this season then he went into the Midfield for Sandy and had a string of 30 odd possession games which has seen him be a unanimous top 5 pick. Conversely Josh Sinn was a top 5 pick and didn't have an impact (mainly due to injury) and is being spoken of as a mid first rounder now. So I think you're on the money with Goater being a mid first pick and not someone I'd use pick 5 on.

Nah, he is mature age. Still only 20odd. Big, big upside. Can't really kick all that well, but sh*t he can fly!
Would be looked at as a Rookie pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back