List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was also reported at AFL.com.au that the Bulldogs and Crows were willing to do the trade for pick 17 if Sydney agree.

Oh my word.

Everything reported in all sports media is always truthful. No organisations in bartering for the services of an elite sportsperson use media outlets to bolster their narrative.

Pick 17 and then equivalent of 15 was a win-win for everyone and then Sydney had to go and knock this back twice and then had the nerve to demand pick 4 + 17 for Dawson + pick 12, you don't think Dawson wouldn't be pissed with Sydney delaying him wanting to go home and earn $50K more with that over the top demand. Now even Port Power is gunning for your pick 12 for Ladhams.....YIKES.

The nerve of the swans (who probably discussed with Dawson the expected return that they would want/require from crows beforehand) to counter your first offer!

Now, you need to produce this magical article of Dawaon stating how he would love to be in a rebuild with the crows that you eluded to previously.

There will be an unlucky one or two, no doubt. But that problem very quickly goes away once Buddy/Hickey gets injured and/or retire. And let's face it, both are more likely than unlikely to happen over the next few years.

I am all aboard a future line-up of Ladhams & Amartey rucking, and the two Macs forward.
Sorry to come on to your thread , but i noticed that Crows twat is back . Someone tell them to f off

Yeah, but it just feels like the Swans had a plan and Ladhams wasn't part of it, and now that he may come over here we could making a new plan on the fly.

Are we? Or did we actively pursuit him? No one forced us to pick up the phone and ring him or his agent...

I reckon we are planning for life after Hickey & Buddy, and I also would not be shocked if we go for a 4 tall set-up (2 rucks + 2 forwards) next year.

Are we? Or did we actively pursuit him? No one forced us to pick up the phone and ring him or his agent...

I reckon we are planning for life after Hickey & Buddy, and I also would not be shocked if we go for a 4 tall set-up (2 rucks + 2 forwards) next year.
Just my read on the situation, I don't know of course, but it feels like Ladhams was dead after we got Hickey, and he's suddenly come back from the grave.

If you back through the last 15 years of the draft, and compare Dawson to Pick 4 and Pick 6 (which is likely where the Crows first round pick will actually end up after the bids on Daicos and Darcy) - here is how it shakes out.

2020: Pick 4 - Logan McDonald, Pick 6 Denver Grainger-Barass (too early to tell who has more value)
2019: Pick 4 - Lachlan Ash, Pick 6 Fischer McAsey (Dawson most value, but Ash close)
2018: Pick 4 - Max King, Pick 6 - Ben King (would rather have King brothers)
2017: Pick 4 - Luke Davies-Uniacke, Pick 6 Jaidyn Stephenson (Dawson again the best player, both not too much less value though)
2016: Pick 4 - Ben Ainsworth, Pick 6 Sam Petrevski-Seton (Dawson easily)
2015: Pick 4 - Clayton Oliver, Pick 6 Aaron Francis (Oliver best, but Dawson far ahead of Francis)
2014: Pick 4 - Jarrod Pickett, Pick 6 - Caleb Marchbank (Dawson easily)
2013: Pick 4 - Marcus Bontempelli, Pick 6 - Matthew Scharenberg (Bont best, but Dawson far ahead of Scharenberg)
2012: Pick 4 - Jimmy Toumpas, Pick 6 - Jack Macrae (Dawson behind Macrae, but much better than Toumpas)
2011: Pick 4 - Will Hoskine-Elliot, Pick 6 - Chad Wingard (Dawson behind Wingard, ahead of WHE)
2010: Pick 4 - Andrew Gaff, Pick 6 - Reece Conca (Gaff ahead, but Dawson much better than Conca)
2009: Pick 4 - Anthony Morabito, Pick 6 Gary Rohan (Dawson best)
2008: Pick 4 - Hamish Hartlett, Pick 6 - Chris Yarran (Dawson best)
2007: Pick 4 - Cale Morton, Pick 6 - David Myers (Dawson best)
2006: Pick 4 - Matthew Leunberger, Pick 6 - Mitch Thorp (Dawson best)

So in summation, from the last fifteen years. Pick 4 would have definitively netted you a better player than Jordan Dawson on four occasions (Gaff, Bont, Oliver, M King) and a couple of borderline cases in LDU/Ash. So less than 50% chance.

Pick 6 is even worse with only three better options (Wingard, Macrae, B King) and one borderline player (Stephenson).

Forgetting about leverage for a second, to me a quick scan of history shows you that draft picks are majorly overrated and that a proven commodity like Dawson has a lot more value than is being suggested by the football media writ large.

Oh my word.

Everything reported in all sports media is always truthful. No organisations in bartering for the services of an elite sportsperson use media outlets to bolster their narrative.

The nerve of the swans (who probably discussed with Dawson the expected return that they would want/require from crows beforehand) to counter your first offer!

Now, you need to produce this magical article of Dawaon stating how he would love to be in a rebuild with the crows that you eluded to previously.
It's been reported by multiple sources the Crows offer Sydney pick 17 late yesterday and then pick 17 + pick swaps which would be equivalent to pick 15 today, I guess only Dawson would know if this is true or not and whether Sydney knock back both very fair trade given he is uncontracted and wanted to come home and earn $50K more. I'm sure I read it from an article, maybe you should seek it out given your obsession with Dawson.

We need another ruck given it’s Hickey or bust. Naismith will be lucky to get on the field next year. Sinclair is the reason we brought Hickey in and the rookie is a rookie work in progress.

Amartey and McLean aren’t genuine rucks they just happen to be tall.

Ladhams is taller than Hickey and at the same age averages two more possessions a game than Hickey did. Hickey was the stronger ruck at the same age with an extra 9 hitouts a game which could be reflected in Ladhams not being the number 1 ruck.

We need a ruck and a key defender. Swans seem to be trying their hardest to get both.

We also need the Dawson trade resolved so that the Crows spammers can disappear back to Westlakes.

Problem is what’s the plan next year because MCDonald ain’t sitting in the twos all year long. I get it we need a ruck post Hickey but we need games into MCDonald before Buddy retires
100% this

Next year's fwd line has to look something like
Hayward - L Mac - Gulden
Papley - Franklin - Heeney
or thereabouts

So just putting this out there.
If Clark gets resolved for 19 and free take the GC salary dump.
Then Cerra gets done for pick 6 plus….
CCJ has to be done by Friday due to RFA rules otherwise tigers are kinda stuck….

leaves only lipinski and Dawson as the must do trades….some heat will be coming for all. I think lipinski also gets done without huge fuss…..

I think Crows will be left talking to us with nothing else going on…. Kinda helps to be honest. Focus’s the problem….

It's been reported by multiple sources the Crows offer Sydney pick 17 late yesterday and then pick 17 + pick swaps which would be equivalent to pick 15 today, I guess only Dawson would know if this is true or not and whether Sydney knock back both very fair trade given he is uncontracted and wanted to come home and earn $50K more. I'm sure I read it from an article, maybe you should seek it out given your obsession with Dawson.

Comprehension is really not your strong suit is it?

I will spell it out:

Clubs can say anything, or leak anything in this case, to the media to push a narrative. Whether or not it was a real offer cannot be proved, even if it is reported by our trade period "journalists".

So ask yourself, who would gain from having this information known? I will give you a bit of time.

Also very fair value is subjective. If swans him above what you offered, it does not make it very fair value to the club.

To be clear, not obsessed with Dawson trade. Fascinated, definitely.

I am however, obsessed with calling out bullshit that opposition posters spout on our board.

Comprehension is really not your strong suit is it?

I will spell it out:

Clubs can say anything, or leak anything in this case, to the media to push a narrative. Whether or not it was a real offer cannot be proved, even if it is reported by our trade period "journalists".

So ask yourself, who would gain from having this information known? I will give you a bit of time.

Also very fair value is subjective. If swans him above what you offered, it does not make it very fair value to the club.

To be clear, not obsessed with Dawson trade. Fascinated, definitely.

I am however, obsessed with calling out bullshit that opposition posters spout on our board.
Hence I said only Dawson would know and ultimately he would decide if those offers are correct. Definitely not BS, I sure I read an article that had him saying why he decide to pick us instead of Port Power.

Hence I said only Dawson would know and ultimately he would decide if those offers are correct. Definitely not BS, I sure I read an article that had him saying why he decide to pick us instead of Port Power.

Dawson is not the one who decides if any offer is correct or fair. That would be our club. He can have an opinion about it, sure, but he is not signing off on any trades.

For the article, had an extensive search previously and nothing. Now, unless you can get a link or, if it is in Robe Times or some such, a photo, then it is safe to assume you are making it all up to fit your narratives. I think that is a very common theme of everything you have posted here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having read the last 3 pages of inane drivel, I've come to the conclusion that Tex Walker is the smartest man in South Australia

Hey, I may not be as smart as old Tex, but I am not a racist.

Ladhams needs to be at cost. He is not worth paying for if it means we just end up forcing someone better out of the cap a year from now.
Should be penny pinching rather than paying for a ruck prospect who in my personal opinion is an overrated talent.

I don't see much difference between what Sinclair used to bring a few years back and what Ladhams currently brings.

Dawson is not the one who decides if any offer is correct or fair. That would be our club. He can have an opinion about it, sure, but he is not signing off on any trades.

For the article, had an extensive search previously and nothing. Now, unless you can get a link or, if it is in Robe Times or some such, a photo, then it is safe to assume you are making it all up to fit your narratives. I think that is a very common theme of everything you have posted here.
If he thinks we did our best to facilitate the trade by offering pick 15/17 which everyone (except you guys) see as very fair trade then you would think he would be very contempt to go to the PSD, there's no way he would want to return to Sydney after you guys put an unreasonable trade demand.

I seem to recall he mentioned this but possibly in another article where he mentioned building from basement up.

"The Crows’ pitch was about potential and helping build something special, while Port knew it couldn’t offer a juicy contract so its pitch focussed on the chance to play in a flag in 2022."

Ladhams needs to be at cost. He is not worth paying for if it means we just end up forcing someone better out of the cap a year from now.
Should be penny pinching rather than paying for a ruck prospect who in my personal opinion is an overrated talent.

I don't see much difference between what Sinclair used to bring a few years back and what Ladhams currently brings.
Completely agree with this.

also baffling the decision to re-sign Sinclair….also what is Naismith still doing on our list???

I like both McLean and Amartey but will make it super hard for either of them to break into the side without significant injuries or a change of structure (that being said we may rest buddy more)

You could have argued the same about Hickey last year as he produced considerably less than Sinclair in the 2020 season.

Ultimately Ladhams is 23 and Sinclair is 32. Ladhams has time on his side to improve.

If he thinks we did our best to facilitate the trade by offering pick 15/17 which everyone (except you guys) see as very fair trade then you would think he would be very contempt to go to the PSD, there's no way he would want to return to Sydney after you guys put an unreasonable trade demand.

I seem to recall he mentioned this but possibly in another article where he mentioned building from basement up.

"The Crows’ pitch was about potential and helping build something special, while Port knew it couldn’t offer a juicy contract so its pitch focussed on the chance to play in a flag in 2022."

2 questions
Do you ever post on the Adelaide board?
Did you annoy the GWS supporters this much with Hately move to Crows last year?

Just generally speaking I'm surprised there hasn't seemingly been a great deal of interest in Max Lynch.

Just turned 23, 200cm and admittedly only a three game career, but I saw his two games this year and I thought he looked fairly decent.
Who knows if he'll ever be a number 1 ruck, but I would have thought a club might be willing to take him onboard to find out his ceiling.
If nothing else decent back-up.

Stuck behind Brodie Grundy, out of contract and Collingwood don't seem to be desperate to keep him.

His manager quoted on SEN;
“Graham Wright at Collingwood has been great in saying that they would like to keep Lynchy, but if there is an opportunity out there for him to go and compete to be a number one ruckman, they’re willing to look at that as well."

Dawson out here thinking he's bob the builder...

Power offer was close enough, crows had to pay more because they don't have anything else of worth.

Dawson out here thinking he's bob the builder...

Power offer was close enough, crows had to pay more because they don't have anything else of worth.
No, Crows had to offer $50K more because you guys offered him 5 years at $600K so we had to offer him 5 years at 650K. Port Powers offer was actually insulting with 4 years at $500K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back