List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he thinks we did our best to facilitate the trade by offering pick 15/17 which everyone (except you guys) see as very fair trade then you would think he would be very contempt to go to the PSD, there's no way he would want to return to Sydney after you guys put an unreasonable trade demand.

I seem to recall he mentioned this but possibly in another article where he mentioned building from basement up.

"The Crows’ pitch was about potential and helping build something special, while Port knew it couldn’t offer a juicy contract so its pitch focussed on the chance to play in a flag in 2022."

Postulating on Dawson's thoughts and feeling there.

Swans could have also informed him exactly what we were after in the trade so he knows exactly what to expect. But that would be a baseless guess on my part. Again, there is no facts to your statement.

I wonder how football departments instead of media and BF posters think of his value. Be interest to see what other clubs think of both sides moves and if crows had been disigenous with offer or swans greed.

In regards to the article you missed the first bit of the statement:

"Ultimately, it’s understood Adelaide’s offer to Dawson had a few more dollars attached to it than the Power’s."

Also, in no part of that was a statement from Dawson about wanting to be part of a rebuild and was only about what the clubs pitched him. Seeing as he wasn't swayed by a potential 2022 flag and money was mentioned twice in that one paragraph, it would be an easy summation to say he wanted back to SA and get the most cash out of either team.

Yes and No, they weren't being unreasonable like you guys are....pick 4 + 17 for Dawson + pick 12, WTF.
Crows were unreasonable last year with the Giants as it was only prepared to part with Pick 40 for Hately, given the club could take him with the first selection in the pre-season draft.

McCartney told the Giants’ website: “It was left way too late by Adelaide to facilitate something on the night.

Unlike last year Crows don’t have first pick in the PSD to walk Dawson through. Crows will be back with another offer.

Postulating on Dawson's thoughts and feeling there.

Swans could have also informed him exactly what we were after in the trade so he knows exactly what to expect. But that would be a baseless guess on my part. Again, there is no facts to your statement.

I wonder how football departments instead of media and BF posters think of his value. Be interest to see what other clubs think of both sides moves and if crows had been disigenous with offer or swans greed.

In regards to the article you missed the first bit of the statement:

"Ultimately, it’s understood Adelaide’s offer to Dawson had a few more dollars attached to it than the Power’s."

Also, in no part of that was a statement from Dawson about wanting to be part of a rebuild and was only about what the clubs pitched him. Seeing as he wasn't swayed by a potential 2022 flag and money was mentioned twice in that one paragraph, it would be an easy summation to say he wanted back to SA and get the most cash out of either team.
And nothing wrong with going after more money, it's their job after all. We've lost players to clubs offering $800K+ for players like Lever and McGovern, even Keath and Greenwood got offered more money from the Bulldogs and GCS.

Last edited:

Just generally speaking I'm surprised there hasn't seemingly been a great deal of interest in Max Lynch.

Just turned 23, 200cm and admittedly only a three game career, but I saw his two games this year and I thought he looked fairly decent.
Who knows if he'll ever be a number 1 ruck, but I would have thought a club might be willing to take him onboard to find out his ceiling.
If nothing else decent back-up.

Stuck behind Brodie Grundy, out of contract and Collingwood don't seem to be desperate to keep him.

His manager quoted on SEN;
IMO too big a risk that he'd fall into the same category as Amartey and McLean (quality second ruck but unlikely to be your number one) and it'd be overkill. Think they'd want to have reasonable confidence any ruck prospect they bring in could develop into our next number one ruck, because it's arguably the single most important position for us to not balls-up at the draft and trade table, outside of maybe another key defender.

A long-term ruck and key defender or two look like the main pieces of the puzzle that we're missing at the moment.

Crows were unreasonable last year with the Giants as it was only prepared to part with Pick 40 for Hately, given the club could take him with the first selection in the pre-season draft.

McCartney told the Giants’ website: “It was left way too late by Adelaide to facilitate something on the night.

Unlike last year Crows don’t have first pick in the PSD to walk Dawson through. Crows will be back with another offer.
And Pick 40 was seen as fair value for Hately given his lack of development at GWS, GWS wasn't going to use that pick and were too busy holding out with Geelong all trade period so didn't have use for that pick.

Yes and No, they weren't being unreasonable like you guys are....pick 4 + 17 for Dawson + pick 12, WTF.

lmao, you actually believe AFL media is a good evaluator of Sydney talent? If that's what you think there's no point of you being on this thread.

I could put it this way - pick 4 will end up being pick 6, it's unlikely that a player who gets drafted at pick 6 will be as good as Dawson is currently. Even if they are, it means you've had multiple years of development being placed into that player. A lot of Dawson's development has already been done at the swans, there's no waiting period for it. So you're already winning with the pick 6 for Dawson. Then pick 12 is an upgrade on pick 17, so Adelaide is winning that too. So yea, it's more than reasonable. Dawson can also be used as marketing tool to attract other established players next season, I highly doubt someone at pick 6 would be that attractive.

The bottom line is Adelaide is wanting Dawson, they have to do something satisfactory for us or convince Dawson to go through PSD. We aren't recruiting Adelaide's player, Adelaide is recruiting a Swans player. At the end of the day, Adelaide wants to keep their high end draft pick and also get Dawson, which is their prerogative but don't come on this board and say our counter offer is "WTF".

No, Crows had to offer $50K more because you guys offered him 5 years at $600K so we had to offer him 5 years at 650K. Port Powers offer was actually insulting with 4 years at $500K.

Insulting? He's going to a premiership contender not a team like the crows who will be challenging for the wooden spoon for multiple years. IMO if I was Dawson, I would be asking a hell lot more $$$ from Adelaide.

I'm thinking of undertaking a little experiment. The idea behind it would be collating a bunch of ABAB's posts and then taking a literal dump on my keyboard and hitting post reply and seeing which adds more value to this thread.

YIKES

lmao, you actually believe AFL media is a good evaluator of Sydney talent? If that's what you think there's no point of you being on this thread.

I could put it this way - pick 4 will end up being pick 6, it's unlikely that a player who gets drafted at pick 6 will be as good as Dawson is currently. Even if they are, it means you've had multiple years of development being placed into that player. A lot of Dawson's development has already been done at the swans, there's no waiting period for it. So you're already winning with the pick 6 for Dawson. Then pick 12 is an upgrade on pick 17, so Adelaide is winning that too. So yea, it's more than reasonable. Dawson can also be used as marketing tool to attract other established players next season, I highly doubt someone at pick 6 would be that attractive.

The bottom line is Adelaide is wanting Dawson, they have to do something satisfactory for us or convince Dawson to go through PSD. We aren't recruiting Adelaide's player, Adelaide is recruiting a Swans player. At the end of the day, Adelaide wants to keep their high end draft pick and also get Dawson, which is their prerogative but don't come on this board and say our counter offer is "WTF".
That argument doesn't matter, the whole point of going to the draft is to get elite players and you have the best chance getting them in the top 4. Hence isn't that why you want a higher pick?

And nothing wrong with going after more money, it's their job after all. We've lost players to clubs offering $800K+ for players like Lever and McGovern, even Keath and Greenwood got offered more money from the Bulldogs and GCS.

Rewinding a bit, no statements from Dawson. Good that is established.

And never mentioned that there was anything wrong with pursuing coin. Just that that is the main motivation for him choosing Adelaide as opposed to Port.

Premiership contender.....YIKES.

And yes, Port are premiership contenders. Going to a prelim the past does kinda qualify you as one for the next year.

Premiership contender.....YIKES.

Yep, if you think PA aren't that then you're as delusional as other Crows supporters. How many wooden spoons do you reckon crows are getting in the next 5 years? 4-5? Atleast GC have some legitimate young talent...while adelaide...might get Dawson if they don't manage to stuff it up like they have most things in the last few years.

Dawson can at the minimum look forward to finals at PA while at the crows he can enjoy September holidays and adding wooden spoons to his kitchen utensils...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking of undertaking a little experiment. The idea behind it would be collating a bunch of ABAB's posts and then taking a literal dump on my keyboard and hitting post reply and seeing which adds more value to this thread.

YIKES

Yeah, had what little fun I could.

Will stop feeding. No value with someone who is either willfully ignorant or trolling at this point.

That argument doesn't matter, the whole point of going to the draft is to get elite players and you have the best chance getting them in the top 4. Hence isn't that why you want a higher pick?

You have an elite player wanting to come to your club in Dawson. If the Swans were given a choice between pick 6 or JD, i'm pretty sure we would pick JD. Argument doesn't matter because it defeats your argument? haha.

Yep, if you think PA aren't that then you're as delusional as other Crows supporters. How many wooden spoons do you reckon crows are getting in the next 5 years? 4-5? Atleast GC have some legitimate young talent...while adelaide...might get Dawson if they don't manage to stuff it up like they have most things in the last few years.

Dawson can at the minimum look forward to finals at PA while at the crows he can enjoy September holidays and adding wooden spoons to his kitchen utensils...
None. Bookmark this.

You have an elite player wanting to come to your club in Dawson. If the Swans were given a choice between pick 6 or JD, i'm pretty sure we would pick JD. Argument doesn't matter because it defeats your argument? haha.
Potential to be elite, if he was Dangerfield or Fyfe, no doubt pick 4 and we would be offering $900K for 5 years.

Well, the article did say "The Crows’ pitch was about potential and helping build something special". You clearly haven't seen their fixture advantage the last 2 seasons and their form against the top 8 sides, go on their board and ask them if they think they are premiership contenders.

Na, we've just seen them in finals. Where have the crows been?

Na, we've just seen them in finals. Where have the crows been?
Have you seen their fixture the last 2 seasons and form against the top 8 teams, you should go on their board and ask if they think they are premiership contenders. Hell, we've beaten more teams in the top 4 compared to them this season.

Well, the article did say "The Crows’ pitch was about potential and helping build something special". You clearly haven't seen their fixture advantage the last 2 seasons and their form against the top 8 sides, go on their board and ask them if they think they are premiership contenders.
Fixture advantage.. true they play the Crows twice a year.

For now, our record are nearly identical in Showdowns. That's why Dawson is very excited to joining such a young and exciting list.
I would imagine about now that Dawson is feeling sick with tension. He has laid his future on the line and it's all going pear-shaped. The next few days are likely to be hell. He will not love either of the two clubs. He may hate the people who helped him make this decision. He might even end up hating football.
And he can't do a thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back