List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I trust your POV on his speed .....Macrae'ss not quick either, but being able to read the play does give you the illusion of being quicker .....quicker to read & move to position

What's his best role IYO ?

Finding another team other than the Crows. We have to draft speedy mids until we find enough of them.

Eastern states academies can still be claimed in the first round. Josh Fahey is an obvious example this year.
Umm... nope.

Effen FL! :mad:

AFL scraps top-20 NGA picks, new mid-season draft plan describes the changes to be made.

Got me wondering about the FL's love children (aka expansion teams) and sure enough, THIS article states:

From next season, NGA prospects selected in the top 20 won't be eligible to be matched, while that will increase further to include the top 40 in 2022 and beyond.
Academy players at Sydney, GWS, Brisbane and Gold Coast will still be subject to the current bidding system, as will father-son prospects.

implying the changes don't apply to them.

klink-damn-you-afl-gif.1008171

Interesting, I trust your POV on his speed .....Macrae'ss not quick either, but being able to read the play does give you the illusion of being quicker .....quicker to read & move to position

What's his best role IYO ?
I feel it's high half forward - he's the guy you want delivering the ball to your forwards, but you don't want to rely on him for pressure within forward 50. Also funny you bring up Macrae because I was going to use him as an example when I wrote that bit, so you're spot on there

I cant imagine Nicks would like him, he wants his midfield to work hard both ways. But I do think hes worth a look

Given he's out of Contract, and hasn't played since R11 .....I'd say a late 2nd round pick in the mid 30's

Lipinski had 36 possessions one game this year, and every time I watch him looks good ....187cm a good size too

Lippa is a gun.
Purely a victim of the Bulldogs' absolutely stacked midfield.

Is he a Matt Crouch type player in that he racks up ball but is not overly damaging but is still a good player? Would he offer us a point of difference in our midfield?
Is athletic and can run . Prob lacks in a bit of footy IQ that puts him off with the coach at times

would really add to our mix , I think he’s close to the best listed player in the comp not getting regular games currently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he a Matt Crouch type player in that he racks up ball but is not overly damaging but is still a good player? Would he offer us a point of difference in our midfield?

Very different - the issue supposedly is he doesn't LOVE one-on-one contests and doesn't aggressively go both ways. Maybe a little bit too much of a receiver.

That being said, hes very talented and makes good decisions and disposal seems top notch.

Is athletic and can run . Prob lacks in a bit of footy IQ that puts him off with the coach at times

would really add to our mix , I think he’s close to the best listed player in the comp not getting regular games currently

FFS Jeff, for years I been hammering on to my friends and on here occasionally how we draft/trade DUMB players. Time to stop doing it, get some high footy IQ in the place please.

Another Crouch all attack no defensive running. No thanks.

Matt Crouch is not a good kick of the football. Neither is Brad.

Lipinski seems much more outside as well. It's worth a shot if he comes cheaply, though the lack of defensive work makes him an odd fit for Nicks.

Matt Crouch is not a good kick of the football. Neither is Brad.

Lipinski seems much more outside as well. It's worth a shot if he comes cheaply, though the lack of defensive work makes him an odd fit for Nicks.
Matt Crouch certainly isn't an elite kick but it's an Adelaide board fallacy that he's anything other than mostly average when compared by position to most of his peers. There's better but plenty worse as well.

Career Kicking Efficiency
Matt Crouch 57.6%
Jarryd Lyons 54.1%
Nat Fyfe 57.1%
Pat Dangerfield 57.1%
Christian Petracca 55.5%
Hugh Greenwood 47.2%
Touk Miller 59.7%
Ollie Wines 49.8%
Travis Boak 57.5%
Luke Parker 55.5%
Patrick Cripps 55.6%
Sam Walsh 56.6%
Josh Dunkley 56.5%
Taylor Adams 57.8%
Jacob Hopper 51.9%
Andrew Brayshaw 53.5%
Tim Taranto 49.5%
Trent Cotchin 56%

FFS Jeff, for years I been hammering on to my friends and on here occasionally how we draft/trade DUMB players. Time to stop doing it, get some high footy IQ in the place please.
He’s not the cream but he’d help more than ROC and Hately IMO . He’s not dumb player either just a couple of immature things in his game still . Would be getting games every week for 17 other sides

Matt Crouch certainly isn't an elite kick but it's an Adelaide board fallacy that he's anything other than mostly average when compared by position to most of his peers. There's better but plenty worse as well.

Career Kicking Efficiency
Matt Crouch 57.6%
Jarryd Lyons 54.1%
Nat Fyfe 57.1%
Pat Dangerfield 57.1%
Christian Petracca 55.5%
Hugh Greenwood 47.2%
Touk Miller 59.7%
Ollie Wines 49.8%
Travis Boak 57.5%
Luke Parker 55.5%
Patrick Cripps 55.6%
Sam Walsh 56.6%
Josh Dunkley 56.5%
Taylor Adams 57.8%
Jacob Hopper 51.9%
Andrew Brayshaw 53.5%
Tim Taranto 49.5%
Trent Cotchin 56%
Not to get into an argument, but I'd wager most of those guys don't kick 15m passes as much as Matt.

He’s not the cream but he’d help more than ROC and Hately IMO . He’s not dumb player either just a couple of immature things in his game still . Would be getting games every week for 17 other sides
17 ?? I don't see him playing for any of the other top 4 teams, or Port. Probably not a full strength Richmond either.

Very different - the issue supposedly is he doesn't LOVE one-on-one contests and doesn't aggressively go both ways. Maybe a little bit too much of a receiver.

That being said, hes very talented and makes good decisions and disposal seems top notch.
Sounds like someone we got rid of who got a 5 year deal at Gold Coast

It's a hard decision to make. We already have ROC and Hately here. Both do have some talent and footy smarts. They just need time especially ROC. I just don't want to give up a draft pick for PL. I would for Jordan Dawson.

He's an absolute natural footballer.

Lacks a bit of physicaliry and defensive intent, but he has a footballer's brain.

It's a hard decision to make. We already have ROC and Hately here. Both do have some talent and footy smarts. They just need time especially ROC. I just don't want to give up a draft pick for PL. I would for Jordan Dawson.
ROC far and away shows the least potential to be a top line AFL footballer of those you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back