List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops. I didn't say I could count :)

Ok make it: (1) Hobbs available, (2) Hobbs and Ward available, (3) Hobbs, Ward and Rachele available.
If Erasmus and Rachelle are gone, I would go Amiss and split our pick eight and try and get JVR and Johnson. If Erasmus is there I would go him then Amiss/JVR

If Erasmus and Rachelle are gone, I would go Amiss and split our pick eight and try and get JVR and Johnson. If Erasmus is there I would go him then Amiss/JVR
You so didn't follow the rules at school did you?

funny-test-answers-smartass-kids-10.jpg

I definitely rate him over Clark at this stage. Frederick developed well this year, his marking improved, handing improved, decision making too. Clark’s gone backwards from a good first year. I like a dasher as much as anyone but I’ve had enough of promising players with sketchy off-field reputations. I certainly wouldn’t be coughing up more than pick 27 for him.

Sorry Clark is way, way ahead of Freddy. I agree that Freddy is way over rated on this board. He may improve a lot but he is older than Clark and hasn’t yet shown anywhere near what Clark has. Also can somebody point me to where Clark said he wants to play half back, I haven’t seen that anywhere. Given he had Guthrie and Menegola ahead of him at Geelong, they seem to consider him a half back but that doesn’t mean he wants to play there. If I had a recipe for a modern day winger he would suit the bill. Very quick, good kick, great over his head and top 10 in the the 2km time trial in his draft year, so has a tank. Just back Jlo to get his attitude right and he is a 150+ gamer for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You so didn't follow the rules at school did you?

funny-test-answers-smartass-kids-10.jpg
I like the way this kid thinks! Never bridle that creative spirit kid!
P.S the irony of the fact her name was "Hope", when that's probably what she did a lot of when she wrote down her answers in that test! =P

We have 8, 27 & 84 …..if it’s not 8 and it’s more than 27 ….what else are you giving up?

We will do swaps to get a pick around 20 for later future picks as clubs like Brisbane need to load up on later picks for next years father sons. A swap like our 27 and future 2nd for Lions pick 18 and pick 50 (for Benning) would be around the mark. Not saying we should do it but something like that is what we will end up doing.

You have 8 names off the board but there will only be 7 before our pick so one of those names most likely be there and maybe more if someone rises up the board
You're forgetting that the AFL is giving GoldCoast an extra selection at pick 7.5 this year.

We need more draft picks somehow, I would've thought, yeah? We need to trade or draft in around 8 players if Lobb goes. So far we only have two picks. After Cerra, we might have three or four picks, but we still need four or five, from my understanding. Do I have that right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will do swaps to get a pick around 20 for later future picks as clubs like Brisbane need to load up on later picks for next years father sons. A swap like our 27 and future 2nd for Lions pick 18 and pick 50 (for Benning) would be around the mark. Not saying we should do it but something like that is what we will end up doing.

Yep & I hate it.

We give up 27 and a future 2nd rounder for another fringe player and a pick in 50's.

If we do that trade ...keep 18 and give yourself a chance to get JVR or someone who drops.

That's a pretty drastic way for someone to break a contract and leave a club.

For me Geelong is handling this in the same way as we have done with contracted players. We make it difficult to happen. We push for maximum value. Have a look at the Weller and Hill trades. For sure they are significantly better players, and comfortably in the best 22, but the principle of us needing maximum value to agree is the point.

Worth remembering Hill had requested a trade the season before.

Don't chase contracted players is a good rule of thumb.

In some ways it is, but that is what often happens to break the deadlock.

For the record, I agree that Geelong were always going to ask for massive overs and so would we.

What I am suggesting is that if common ground is not found then Clark is staying at Geelong (not a problem in my mind).

To make it happen, sometimes requires the manager/player saying they are not going back and yes that is breaking a contract but it rarely comes to that.

unfortunately chasing contracted players is only going to increase and yes you would have to pay extra most times.

We need more draft picks somehow, I would've thought, yeah? We need to trade or draft in around 8 players if Lobb goes. So far we only have two picks. After Cerra, we might have three or four picks, but we still need four or five, from my understanding. Do I have that right?
A lot of the players that left were rookies

Will Brodie is going to be available to us as a DFA as long as we agree to take him

Clark still to come

Can definitely fill the spots

Will Brodie is going to be available to us as a DFA as long as we agree to take him

Clark still to come

The only reason we would want Brodie delisted is so we can take him as a rookie (at least potentially). Otherwise why not just trade a pick we are not going to use for him then revise his deal? I.E. We want that list spot free heading into the draft.

The only reason we would want Brodie delisted is so we can take him as a rookie (at least potentially). Otherwise why not just trade a pick we are not going to use for him then revise his deal? I.E. We want that list spot free heading into the draft.
We want to renegotiate his contract. Personally, I would prefer pick 19 and pay his high salary for a year

Fremantle can take Brodie in the draft and have him move to a new contract, the risk for Gold Coast is that if we have a player that slipped so far we can't overlook him for Brodie then should nobody select Will Brodie his entire 2022 salary lands in the 2021 salary cap for Gold Coast and they cannot afford that.

This is why Gold Coast will want a trade or a rock solid arrangement that they KNOW we will pick up their player.

Clark still to come

Thx for that. Yeah, I knew Brodie will likely cost us nix, but Clark is going to cost us a pick if we continue to persue.

Only Thomas and Bewely were rookies, yeah? So we've lost six players who aren't rookies (unless there's more?). We get Brodie for nix (presumably). We might get Clark but lose another pick. But we still need four more players from the draft, plus two more unkowns from the rookie draft, if I'm wrapping my head around it correctly?

Sounds like we're still going to need a couple more picks?

But we don't *need* them to delist him to renegotiate his contract. As per Hogan last year all that has to happen is the player agree to write a new contract after the trade. Has to be because we want him to potentially be rookie listed only surely.

We want to renegotiate his contract. Personally, I would prefer pick 19 and pay his high salary for a year
Fremantle can take Brodie in the draft and have him move to a new contract, the risk for Gold Coast is that if we have a player that slipped so far we can't overlook him for Brodie then should nobody select Will Brodie his entire 2022 salary lands in the 2021 salary cap for Gold Coast and they cannot afford that.

This is why Gold Coast will want a trade or a rock solid arrangement that they KNOW we will pick up their player.

Last edited:
By my count we have three rookies (Treacy, Banfield, Schultz) and then another thirty three players.

Question marks on Hughes' status. Tucker, Crowden, Cerra to be resolved.

Potentially 32 senior listed players.

1) Cerra out, no-one in: go to draft with 4 live picks, hope that Benning goes straight to cat B. Thats 36. Then we draft three additional rookies and are 36, 6 and 1 for the season. If Benning gets bit on the we are 37 and 5 (or we pass). Either way Tucker and Crowden stay main list, Brodie to the rookie draft.
1) Cerra out, Clark in: Same but either only 3 live picks or Crowden goes to the RL

Either way it's hard to fit Brodie on to the main list without either pushing someone onto the rookie list or taking less picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back