• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see when the usual report emerges behind the scenes re some of the offers that were denied

Twomey normally does an article about it

I’ll wait until after then to argue my point more
Okay, fair enough.

I think AFL Media industry has been desperately trying to rustle up interest in a draft that was middling - I think the value of a first round pick in this draft was really low.

The top ten or so picks were almost exactly what people were saying a month ago, and players like Phillipou slipped to exactly where folks were expecting weeks ago.

I think clubs were struggling to find takers for late first round picks, despite the rumours, and I think there won't many offers for GWS first pick of the second round

There is nothing clever about bidding on players you don’t rate in your talent order - can backfire

And there is nothing clever about bidding if you are sticking to your talent order - no risk
I like this a lot.

What I read on here almost seems like people think it’s all just Sydney having some fun and being clever dicks. They aren’t risking acquiring someone they don’t rate just to give the crows the finger.

If they bid on him they wanted him.

Dodoro just said in the coverage they had plenty of offers for their pick 4..
& it was always unlikely he wasn't going to budge giving it up.

No surprise that we were never getting Phillipou... even for all the talk on this board.

JHF was a Freo supporter...

I know. But he had connections with Port and that’s where he went. Are there any ex SA boys beside Thommo that has gone to the other side when traded back to SA?

Assuming he does well so he is a desired player Port will be a short priced favourite to get him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I like this a lot.

What I read on here almost seems like people think it’s all just Sydney having some fun and being clever dicks. They aren’t risking acquiring someone they don’t rate just to give the crows the finger.

If they bid on him they wanted him.

And if they didn’t want him then it was unbelievably stupid to take such a risk for no gain

I know. But he had connections with Port and that’s where he went. Are there any ex SA boys beside Thommo that has gone to the other side when traded back to SA?

Assuming he does well so he is a desired player Port will be a short priced favourite to get him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We'll see, I'm betting Adelaide will be his club of choice if he's not happy at the Saints...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not the current argument though so will be interesting to hear the background stuff
Was my argument all the way along with all the Phillipou talk.

Was never realistically happening.

Yep was only going to be a chance with a huge drift

Gallagher said he was one of 3 main targets and they thought they’d get one of them
Unfortunately was never going to drift enough.

I haven’t watched outside highlights but it does look a little meh.

Some good top end but from the mid teens it seems like mostly role player types. Maybe a few high risk high reward players
I don’t see it as that strong either

First 11 or 12 were standouts

After that even ish without too much back end depth

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back