Injury 2022 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't look to be any reported injuries post-game. But I did see Jones getting his shoulder looked at during the game.

Georgiades I think almost got subbed out with his calf problem, but came back on? Few minor knocks to Marshall, Rozee, Butters.

Given it appears we rushed Dixon back, it makes me worry that Fantasia's leg will fall off as soon as he takes the field. We f**k around with injuries too much.
The only positive on this is, is it lends credence to Ken is out if we don't make finals, so he's willing to break as many players as possible to save his own job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They shouldn't plan for Dixon at all. He's done.
And yet we went 0-5 because at least one coach banked on his talisman of average to make it to r1 so they didn't train at all like he was going to be missing. Leaving us high and dry without a plan b which was obviously needed the moment he went in for his first surgery.

So instead of starting the mobile talls game plan on the 24th of January giving the three talls and mids 7.5 weeks of cohesion practice. They just went about practicing bomb it to todd and it went amazingly shit.

Fast foward another 5 weeks and it finally clicked 'hey let's try to play to mobile talls'.

Absolute amateur coach stuff.

Why did he play last week then, if he is 3-4 weeks away? Or did he re-injure it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, as I've been banging on about, our management this year has been absolutely disgraceful. He lacked agility and fitness last week. Should've had a heap more conditioning gotten into his legs and body before playing.

Ken last week was saying 'not sure if charlie will be back next week or the week after', that was the same sort of clear as mud code speak the club has been using for ages to basically say he pulled up poorly from the SANFL game and has got a new issue.

If these rumours are true and Dixon has gone to Melb, then it must be a surgery thing, and if that is the case then the medical staff and coaches involved in playing him last week deserve to get absolutely smashed in the media.

Yep, as I've been banging on about, our management this year has been absolutely disgraceful. He lacked agility and fitness last week. Should've had a heap more conditioning gotten into his legs and body before playing.

Ken last week was saying 'not sure if charlie will be back next week or the week after', that was the same sort of clear as mud code speak the club has been using for ages to basically say he pulled up poorly from the SANFL game and has got a new issue.

If these rumours are true and Dixon has gone to Melb, then it must be a surgery thing, and if that is the case then the medical staff and coaches involved in playing him last week deserve to get absolutely smashed in the media.
It's definitely a concern. How many surgeries has Dixon had now in 2022? If it's another one, that is getting ridiculous.

However, overall i think our management of Dixon has been pretty good since he come here. He has become much more durable but this year is looking like a write off for him, similar to 2019.

Maybe there has been a greater sense of desperation/panic with our injury management this year but I don't think it's too much different to to other teams.

The positive is that our 3 tall forwards are finally starting to work well together and hitting some form so we don't need to be desperate with Dixon and should just play him when he is 100% ready.

I'm probably looking forward to Fantasia returning more than Dixon now.

PORT ADELAIDE defender Jake Pasini has been moved to the club’s inactive list following his long-term knee injury.

PORT ADELAIDE defender Jake Pasini has been moved to the club’s inactive list following his long-term knee injury.

Shocking bad luck for Jake.
Remember giving him a shout out after a ripper game versus South last season
Had gone from strength to strength this year 😃👍
At least we have a MSD pick now.
Let's not waste it on another McEntee style pick 😒

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2022 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back