Injury 2022 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumont, Mead and Mayes are now out of protocols and available.

Jonas is expected to be out later this week and available.

Dixon and Fantasia are available to play.

So let me get this right.

The 31 year old rolled his ankle a bit.

Has required multiple surgeries.

Plays 1 game of football where he barely moved.

Needs anti inflammatory injections the next weekend.

From 1 to Charlie Dixon how cooked is this blokes body.

I think we have had our best years out of Big Charlie and things may only get worse from here on in. Charlie had dicky ankles when he came to us so we have probably been lucky to get 100+ games from him. Charlie has a 3 year deal which will see him at Alberton until the end of 2023 and by then he will be 33.

Can anyone clarify fact from fiction, especially re his recovery/treatment.

Can anyone clarify fact from fiction, especially re his recovery/treatment.
Surgery 1

Surgery 2

Injection
Sounds like Charlie will play sanfl this weekend.

I think we have had our best years out of Big Charlie and things may only get worse from here on in. Charlie had dicky ankles when he came to us so we have probably been lucky to get 100+ games from him. Charlie has a 3 year deal which will see him at Alberton until the end of 2023 and by then he will be 33.
Geez that's depressing to say the least, so much money for so little return

Geez that's depressing to say the least, so much money for so little return

Like just about everyone else, his legacy was going to rise and fall based on what happened in the 2020 finals series. Win that prelim and potentially go on to win the flag and Koch, Hinkley, Dixon (All Australian that year), Boak, Gray and everyone else are heroes. That was our year but we f***** it up deluxe.

Surgery 1

Surgery 2

Injection

Yeah, I'm well aware of the surgery but there has been considerable debate in this forum re Dixon going to Melbourne for injections etc.

True or false?

Watch the video. It appears to be true.

Quite ridiculous he'd fly back there unless there was something seriously wrong.

Isn't his surgeon over in Melb? Gone for a check?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I wrong in thinking he played every game bar the first round in 2020 and every game for 2021?
Charlie played 18 games in 2020 and 24 last year so that sounds about right. In fact he has played 103 games for us in the period 2016-18 when he amassed 61 games and 2020-21 when he played 42. His only wipe out years have been this year and in 2019 when he only managed 9 games.

Charlie only played 65 games in 5 seasons with the Suns with 16 games in 2016 his best return. Given that record we have probably had more from him than some of us expected.

Charlie played 18 games in 2020 and 24 last year so that sounds about right. In fact he has played 103 games for us in the period 2016-18 when he amassed 61 games and 2020-21 when he played 42. His only wipe out years have been this year and in 2019 when he only managed 9 games.

Charlie only played 65 games in 5 seasons with the Suns with 16 games in 2016 his best return. Given that record we have probably had more from him than some of us expected.
Charlie played 65 out of possible 110 games with GC.

I have no idea what the split is between injury and form for missing those 45 games.

From Rd 1 2016 to Rd 21 2018 he played 61 out of possible 65 games for us before he dislocated his ankle v WCE in that Rd 21 game and people wank on about his glass ankles.

A dislocated ankle requires a huge twisting force to wrench the ball from the socket joint. There is nothing glass ankle about that injury. Give your non kicking foot the hardest kick you can with your kicking foot, and see how much you can remove your ankle from the joint so it turns your kicked foot 90 degrees from where it should be.

It was pretty impressive that he only missed the last 2 games of 2018 and then the first 12 games of 2019 after that injury.

He misses 1 more game in 2019 and the first game of Rd 1 in 2020, covid hits and he plays every game between Rd 2 2020 and the 21 PF. So he misses 2 out of 53 games after coming back from a massive injury, yet he is supposed to have glass ankles.

Its amazing that his injured ankle has stood up so well over those 53 games given weighting around 110kgs and the amount of stress he puts it under, the way he trains and plays.

Not surprised its all catching up with him, but I wouldn't count him out yet.

I have no idea what the split is between injury and form for missing those 45 games.

From Rd 1 2016 to Rd 21 2018 he played 61 out of possible 65 games for us before he dislocated his ankle v WCE in that Rd 21 game and people wank on about his glass ankles.

A dislocated ankle requires a huge twisting force to wrench the ball from the socket joint. There is nothing glass ankle about that injury. Give your non kicking foot the hardest kick you can with your kicking foot, and see how much you can remove your ankle from the joint so it turns your kicked foot 90 degrees from where it should be.

It was pretty impressive that he only missed the last 2 games of 2018 and then the first 12 games of 2019 after that injury.

He misses 1 more game in 2019 and the first game of Rd 1 in 2020, covid hits and he plays every game between Rd 2 2020 and the 21 PF. So he misses 2 out of 53 games after coming back from a massive injury, yet he is supposed to have glass ankles.

Its amazing that his injured ankle has stood up so well over those 53 games given weighting around 110kgs and the amount of stress he puts it under, the way he trains and plays.

Hot take.

We put charlie on the park when he was injured and told him to suck it up.

Gold coast sent him for surgery as soon as he got hurt.

Charlie turns 32 in September and is out of contract at the end of 2023 so how ever it pans out I reckon one more season will be it for Big Charlie.

Hot take.

It depends on the injury. Some injury you can play with and some you can't. I found these Gold Coast updates dating back to 2013 and 2015. They both refer to ankle injuries but do not mention if it is the same ankle. I suspect that we knew about Charlie's history with ankle injury, took a punt on him, and I would say it has worked out.

Hot take.

Players want to play. They also want to get paid match payments.

When did the Suns put him in for surgery mid season?

Fantasia pulled out of the SANFL game with a sore quad from a few days ago, Sam Skinner has a concussion, Jackson Lee hyperextended his knee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2022 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back