List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course Mundy needs to be replaced but we have the talent already for those two.
We have been debating Meek and The new recruits from this years draft.
We won’t be doing heavy trading to gain players.

“Mundy needs to be replaced”.

Blasphemer !!!!.

Dixon at least has the ability to become an AFL player, so you'd go him for sure.
If they haven’t had a medical done on Bailey Rogers, + got the paperwork done on him
+ Dicko something is wrong.

Does anyone know if they have the same recruiting team they had in 2017.

Yeah look, I'm clearly keen but not at that price, people are getting a LITTLE carried away with what he's done.

No one gets that deal at 21 years old

Devils Advocate time.

I like Jackson a lot, but all the big money is for him progressively getting better each season. What happens if his progress plateau’s ?.

As it stands, I’m happy for him to stay at Melbourne.

Where are we getting our top ten pick from? Packaging next year’s first with our 18?
We are probably finished being bottom 8, just an observation that the mids this year are not the taller types we have loaded up on.
I like your optimism though 👍
Not a good year to find that contested Bull. But good key positions, flankers.
Plus a good forward/ruck Broadbent who is predicted ATM to be outside the top ten but a first rounder.

Devils Advocate time.

I like Jackson a lot, but all the big money is for him progressively getting better each season. What happens if his progress plateau’s ?.

As it stands, I’m happy for him to stay at Melbourne.
Have a look at Jackson Broadbent, he may well be between 11-20 draft pick.
Kid is on the same trajectory 😜

Sorry, premature communication!
Was about to say, that’s the ruck/forward Jackson I would go for, not selling the farm to achieve

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They have beaten us 11 times in a row or something up until last august and you are surprised people think a couple of their players would make our best 22?!

The situation has changed enormously.
Assuming the recent draftees are as good as we expect the list is the most talented we have ever had.
Add to that and hoping it continues, our injury situation is as good as we could hope for.
So , my question is based on that.
In my opinion, our best 22 with all players fit, I’m not changing.

My combined 22 would probably be

Ryan Barrass Hurn
Clark Pearce Young

Really hard to pick because the better players for WC are so so slow so I might be bias but its hard to put WC players in without being treacle.

Gaff Yeo (if fit) Kelly
Darcy Fyfe Brayshaw

Yeo is the best defensive mid in the comp, no brainer if fit. Gaff is a flog, but easily the best wing of each team. Kelly I think can work on the wing and really, the current output gap with him and Henry is so big you'd play him anyway. Darcy is better than NicNat as it stands, Brayshaw makes sure the starting mids arent too slow and Fyfe is Fyfe.

Ryan Tabs Freddy
Switta Kennedy Allen

Ryan and Kennedy are no brainers, Switta and Freddy the faster forwards of each team and needed, Allen is better than Treacy until we see evidence otherwise. Rioli could replace Swiita if I see some evidence he stops eating his body weight in HJ's every day.

Serong Mundy NicNat Chapman

Nicnat off the bench would be ******* incredible. I think Serong will go past Sheed this year (who is still a very good player). You'd have to hold a gun to my head to leave Mundy and Chapman out

Oscar Allan has been the 3rd tall forward and attracting the lesser quality defender when he has played forward.
On the occasions he has been number 2, he’s been accounted for comfortably.
it’s an unknown now how he will go as their main man. I still say Josh Treacy gets the spot.
As for NicNat, Meek split the honours on Friday IMO. Plus Nic is 8 kg overweight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is plenty on their list I'd take in terms of talent

Allen, Sheed, Duggan, Ryan, Chesser, Barass, Gaff (yes yes, fu**Gaff, I know), Kelly, Yeo just off the top of my head.

All of these names bar Chesser and probably Duggan would be best 22 for us...
Duggan would slot onto a wing for us I reckon, only reason he wouldn’t make it at half back is we have 1363681 of them as is.
Would he keep Josh Treacy out ?
He is a reasonable talent as a third tall forward but he is gonna be tested this year as number 2 or 1.
Oscar wouldn’t be keeping any of our defenders out.
on all displayed evidence very much yes. Allen as a number 3 forward has shown more then Treacy has a number 3 forward, hopefully treacy can make it more of a question this year.

Oscar Allan has been the 3rd tall forward and attracting the lesser quality defender when he has played forward.
On the occasions he has been number 2, he’s been accounted for comfortably.
it’s an unknown now how he will go as their main man. I still say Josh Treacy gets the spot.
As for NicNat, Meek split the honours on Friday IMO. Plus Nic is 8 kg overweight.
Oscar Allen has had the benefit of the third defender a lot of the time but he's still comfortably ahead of Treacy, and I say that as someone who very much likes Treacy.
Allen is also very versatile and has been a swingman and held down both roles pretty well.

It may not always stay that way if Treacy keeps progressing, and I look forward to what Treacy may become - but if we're talking exposed form and runs on the board then Allen takes the cake.

Allen over Lobb is a no brainer for me, not as fragile, more mobile a better forward and both are serviceable rucks, Allen plays better behind the ball and Lobb better on the wing so might require a change in structure

My combined 22 would probably be

Ryan Barrass Hurn
Clark Pearce Young

Really hard to pick because the better players for WC are so so slow so I might be bias but its hard to put WC players in without being treacle.

Gaff Yeo (if fit) Kelly
Darcy Fyfe Brayshaw

Yeo is the best defensive mid in the comp, no brainer if fit. Gaff is a flog, but easily the best wing of each team. Kelly I think can work on the wing and really, the current output gap with him and Henry is so big you'd play him anyway. Darcy is better than NicNat as it stands, Brayshaw makes sure the starting mids arent too slow and Fyfe is Fyfe.

Ryan Tabs Freddy
Switta Kennedy Allen

Ryan and Kennedy are no brainers, Switta and Freddy the faster forwards of each team and needed, Allen is better than Treacy until we see evidence otherwise. Rioli could replace Swiita if I see some evidence he stops eating his body weight in HJ's every day.

Serong Mundy NicNat Chapman

Nicnat off the bench would be ******* incredible. I think Serong will go past Sheed this year (who is still a very good player). You'd have to hold a gun to my head to leave Mundy and Chapman out
Now go take a very long hot shower.

Ew.

The situation has changed enormously.
Assuming the recent draftees are as good as we expect the list is the most talented we have ever had.
Add to that and hoping it continues, our injury situation is as good as we could hope for.
So , my question is based on that.
In my opinion, our best 22 with all players fit, I’m not changing.
Can’t believe you seriously think this?
The situation has changed enormously - Has it really? We haven’t played finals in about 7 years. Let’s not go all Carlton fan mode here. Every time there was a hint of expectation or pressure around the side last year we absolutely shit ourselves and lost comprehensively - our first prime time game in about 6 years last season against Geelong and it was over midway though the second quarter and we had to endure the ignominy of opposition fans saying “WTF are the AFL putting these jokers on a Friday night for?”
We lost by 60 points to the saints in our last proper match. We gifted Carlton the softest 8 premiership points they won all season last year.
Oscar Allen would quite frankly be a top 2 or 3 pick at the lowest if you were to do a redraft of 2017. Only Naughton and Brayshaw would have legitimate claims to be selected ahead of him in retrospect yet he wouldn’t make our 22? You can’t be serious, he would be picked ahead of Lobb and Treacy by every coach in the league. And I’m a huge fan of Treacy for what it’s worth (less so Lobb..).
I’m a big fan of our list and quite bullish on our prospects for 2022 but I would swap 8 or 9 of our players for eagles players in the morning if I hypothetically could.
You sound like one of those Dees fans over on the main board after the grand final when they were claiming that no Carlton or North player would make their 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back