Preview 2022 Rd 6 Carlton vs Fremantle - Saturday 23rd April 7.40PM @ Optus Stadium - Team Post #774

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the Freo board:

What’s with all the sad sacks predicting a loss. Get a hold of yourselves. This is a rebirth. A new dawn. It’s Carlton not bloody Melbourne.

Previous Carlton wins had nothing to do with Carlton. We was shite in those games.
We won’t be on Saturday.
We’ll hit them right between the eyes in the first. They’ll look to plan B and realise that’s worse than their plan A. We’ll pump em.

“We was”. Some people really can’t English good these days.

Interesting, not one midfielder? Cripps has to be playing.

But in any case, would have thought we'd bring one emergency mid.
It's fine, the amount of times we've asked if a player "can run through the midfield" over the years, should mean we have at least 22 mids to choose from...

It's fine, the amount of times we've asked if a player "can run through the midfield" over the years, should mean we have at least 22 mids to choose from...

Tom Cruise What GIF

Really looking forward to this game, especially after the Suns away shocker a few weeks ago.

We may whine re no JSOS or MK, but no Fyfe and Young for them easily counters that. Getting Cripps back is big for us.

We have the cattle to win this and having the wood on them recently helps too - we have inner belief when we play them that cannot be underestimated- the teams we have struggled against recently all have good recent records against us.

Over to you Blues, just don’t leave anything out there and hopefully the result takes care of itself.

Interesting, not one midfielder? Cripps has to be playing.

But in any case, would have thought we'd bring one emergency mid.

Reckon we’ll have Cripps going forward ala Bont.

Another option is to run TDK & Pitt as followers. Melbourne having been using Gawn & Jackson all over the park this year.

Just a thought.

Needs to be said that on average Carlton have beaten better teams on the ladder:

8th, 10th, 11th, 18th = 12th

In comparison to:

13th, 14th, 15th, 16th = 15th

Their one game against a reasonable opponent was an absolute shocker, while he were beaten by the Suns in a shocking performance.

There's a bit of hype developing about the Dockers, but I'm waiting for them to put a decent side to the sword to start rating them a little more. They are definitely moving the ball better though, finally playing through their speedier and more skilful players and creating some real high pressure situations in their forward half.

We do have the wood over them in recent times and I think that counts for a fair bit. We also have more firepower up forward and more star quality in the midfield. That's redundant if we have another inexplicable lapse and could get pantsed if we drop off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the Freo board:

What’s with all the sad sacks predicting a loss. Get a hold of yourselves. This is a rebirth. A new dawn. It’s Carlton not bloody Melbourne.

Previous Carlton wins had nothing to do with Carlton. We was shite in those games.
We won’t be on Saturday.
We’ll hit them right between the eyes in the first. They’ll look to plan B and realise that’s worse than their plan A. We’ll pump em.
Nothing wrong with this post. It reflects reality. Freo have more layers to their game than Carlton. Great win if the blues pull it off

Needs to be said that on average Carlton have beaten better teams on the ladder:

8th, 10th, 11th, 18th = 12th

In comparison to:

13th, 14th, 15th, 16th = 15th

Their one game against a reasonable opponent was an absolute shocker, while he were beaten by the Suns in a shocking performance.

There's a bit of hype developing about the Dockers, but I'm waiting for them to put a decent side to the sword to start rating them a little more. They are definitely moving the ball better though, finally playing through their speedier and more skilful players and creating some real high pressure situations in their forward half.

We do have the wood over them in recent times and I think that counts for a fair bit. We also have more firepower up forward and more star quality in the midfield. That's redundant if we have another inexplicable lapse and could get pantsed if we drop off.

Having said that, they lost to Saints by only 10 points so I'd hardly call that a shocker.

Ans they've beaten a few teams by pretty big margins including 60+, whereas we have 2 wins by less than a goal.

Having said that, they lost to Saints by only 10 points so I'd hardly call that a shocker.

Ans they've beaten a few teams by pretty big margins including 60+, whereas we have 2 wins by less than a goal.
They played lifeless footy against the Saints. You can look at the margin and say they played OK, but the Saints weren’t doing anything exceptional, that was a home game and very reminiscent of the kind of performances they’d put in under Longmuir the past couple of years.

60+ wins are a great sign, and something we have to look as they kind of margins we could have created had we kept up the pace in our games against the Hawks and Power.

It’s a fine line at times. Opposition teams know we are vulnerable at any deficit, but if we can start putting away sides in similar fashion we’re going to start receiving similar applause.

I’m not believing the hype just yet. We are finding out the Giants and Bombers are pretty mediocre sides who will miss finals. The Eagles are destitute, Adelaide are rebuilding and prone to inconsistency. We are, strangely enough, the Dockers first legitimate test.

Freo look top 4 potential. Our supporter base is underestimating the opposition
I don't see many doing that. Rather, there seems to be a lot of respect for Freo. I'd say it is you who is underestimating us instead.

They also made this statement: Previous Carlton wins had nothing to do with Carlton. We was shite in those games. No issue with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back