Preview 2022 Rd 6 Carlton vs Fremantle - Saturday 23rd April 7.40PM @ Optus Stadium - Team Post #774

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with this post. It reflects reality. Freo have more layers to their game than Carlton. Great win if the blues pull it off
It remains to be seen how many layers their game has.

They’ve basically just expanded last years and are moving the ball on quicker than they previously had. A lot of their improvement has come off the back of the maturation of the squad, and having some growth in a number of young players eg Chapman, Young and Brodie. Two of these guys aren’t playing.

The Blues are far more damaging overall, we just haven’t been able to sustain the intensity.

I don't see many doing that. Rather, there seems to be a lot of respect for Freo. I'd say it is you who is underestimating us instead.

They also made this statement: Previous Carlton wins had nothing to do with Carlton. We was shite in those games. No issue with that?
I have no issue with that. Freo were poor-the last few years. We did not defeat a good side. The improvement Freo will demonstrate today is exponential

I don't see many doing that. Rather, there seems to be a lot of respect for Freo. I'd say it is you who is underestimating us instead.

They also made this statement: Previous Carlton wins had nothing to do with Carlton. We was shite in those games. No issue with that?
It’s a complete cop out.

Freo finished 9th last year. They weren’t a shit team, they were middle of the road, but both times the Blues (who arguably were a shit team) had enough star power (McKay in game 1, Walsh in game 2) to roll them.

Both teams are now ‘good’ and it’ll come down Freo continuing on with their momentum and the Blues addressing some shocking second half fade outs.

Im scared of tabanar. Would weiterbolt go to him?

Then there is lob who is another tall and can mark.

Our defence will once again be tested ...probably more and more as game progresses.

Im hoping for another killer first quarter at the least to put a bit of a margin between us. Hopefully we will hold on for a win. I’m expecting a close finish.

Im scared of tabanar. Would weiterbolt go to him?

Then there is lob who is another tall and can mark.

Our defence will once again be tested ...probably more and more as game progresses.

Im hoping for another killer first quarter at the least to put a bit of a margin between us. Hopefully we will hold on for a win. I’m expecting a close finish.
Key to stopping their/any forwardline is to stop their supply and don't let their supply be under zero pressure. Make the job easy for our backline by nullifying their supply.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Key to stopping their/any forwardline is to stop their supply and don't let their supply be under zero pressure. Make the job easy for our backline by nullifying their supply.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
We can’t defend rebounding plays. freo coaches would know this by now. Let’s see how this one unfolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to this game. Dockers at home, playing a very competitive brand of footy.

Strange, but a key focus should be starting well when playing interstate

Think they might try to use O'Driscoll as an attacking HB and or wing, so really need to make him accountable

Our forward line, we need plenty of spread/space to try and dominate the air, but our smalls need to hit those contests in numbers

Their forward half, I would get Doc or Hewett to sag back

Win the stoppages, but controlling possession/ball will ultimately help us beat them

Us by 3 goals

It remains to be seen how many layers their game has.

They’ve basically just expanded last years and are moving the ball on quicker than they previously had. A lot of their improvement has come off the back of the maturation of the squad, and having some growth in a number of young players eg Chapman, Young and Brodie. Two of these guys aren’t playing.

The Blues are far more damaging overall, we just haven’t been able to sustain the intensity.
If we beat Freo, I highly rate the win and it delivers gravitas to our season.

Freo look top 4 potential. Our supporter base is underestimating the opposition
False dawn for Freo I reckon.

That's regardless of tonight's result by the way.

Freo look top 4 potential. Our supporter base is underestimating the opposition

Nothing wrong with this post. It reflects reality. Freo have more layers to their game than Carlton. Great win if the blues pull it off

I have no issue with that. Freo were poor-the last few years. We did not defeat a good side. The improvement Freo will demonstrate today is exponential

Can't see anyone underestimating the opposition, BUT ...

They beat Adelaide by 1 pt.

Beat a WAFL/West Coast side & beat the Giants and *.

Those sides are currently sitting 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th on the ladder.

Can't see anyone underestimating the opposition, BUT ...

They beat Adelaide by 1 pt.

Beat a WAFL/West Coast side & beat the Giants and *.

Those sides are currently sitting 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th on the ladder.
I am underestimating them , they are rubbish. We'll smash em by 12 goals.

Clash guernsey tonight :sickv1:

product-shot__28894.1644469167.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back