Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage - depending on what happens with other people i know attending.

They have told me that if they are unable to go i can have there tickets and allow some more of my family to attend (nose bleeds or not)

If you don't want yours i'd be happy to discuss buying them from you
Good luck getting some more for your family, hope it works out for you. Ours aren't available. Go Cats.

I’m in the same boat, would love to know
1- is it possible
2- if it isn’t how easy is it to get into the game without showing concession
Don't quote me on it if it goes wrong, but having been to the MCG plenty of times this year, and in pervious years, on concession tickets I have not once been asked for proof (student card etc.). It appears (to me at least) that they simply get either a green light if it scans or a red light if it doesn't, but then occasionally people suggest that it goes yellow for a conc. or kids ticket... can't say I've ever noticed that myself. Have also got sneaky (and broke) mates who would go in on a kids ticket at times too and they never had an issue.

The main thing it comes back to is why would Ticketek not have an option to upgrade to an adults ticket, surely the ticketek hamster can spin the wheel hard enough to earn them some more money!

Try being a long time social club member priority 1 and get tickets in the nose bleed section. Pathetic. Think this has happened to a lot of us. Pay an enormous amount to be a social club member and get this.
Cry me a river.

There are 70,000 Geelong members, and 57,000 Sydney members. Even if every single ticket at the G went to members, that's still 27,000 who miss out - and that's without counting the MCC, Medallion Club and AFL members who support Geelong. Beyond that, there's also those who love the Cats but can't financially justify a membership - people like emergency service workers who work most weekends, people who live rurally or interstate, people who are low income workers or unemployed.

And there's all of 37,000 tickets for all of those members. 37,000 between 127,000.

And you're complaining about your seats not being good enough? There are people on this board who have missed out on five ballots in a row who would kill for your seat. There are probably another 150k people across the country who would love your seat.

Your social club membership has it clearly written on the packet what you get for GF day: a guaranteed ticket. Your extra social club membership money goes toward social club benefits, which you have of course received already. That is what you pay the cash for.

Finally, you can have a great time even in the nosebleeds. When I lived in Melbourne, I was on a budget so I always bought the cheap seats - and had some wonderful footy memories, even in the second row from the back. Stop acting like these seats are beneath you; you're going to the biggest event in Australia since 2019.

Don't quote me on it if it goes wrong, but having been to the MCG plenty of times this year, and in pervious years, on concession tickets I have not once been asked for proof (student card etc.). It appears (to me at least) that they simply get either a green light if it scans or a red light if it doesn't, but then occasionally people suggest that it goes yellow for a conc. or kids ticket... can't say I've ever noticed that myself. Have also got sneaky (and broke) mates who would go in on a kids ticket at times too and they never had an issue.

The main thing it comes back to is why would Ticketek not have an option to upgrade to an adults ticket, surely the ticketek hamster can spin the wheel hard enough to earn them some more money!
Thanks for the response - and yes, that's the general view. Just turn up on the day and don't worry about getting sprung. Not sure about everyone else, but that doesn't seem like an intelligent approach if there's a simple option that removes any doubt about getting entry.

But it's absurd that neither the club, or Ticketek have not provided a transparent answer to the question. I'll guarantee there's plenty in the same position, and I'm not sure why it's that hard. It's not like people are trying to bluff the system here ...... people are actually sticking their hand up and offering to pay the difference in the ticket cost.

I contacted the club and they're taking an all care no responsibility approach as expected - "yes we understand the question but you'll need to speak to Ticketek". Well unless I'm mistaken, the club has an obligation to provide support to members and you'd think someone from the club might use some initiative - speak to the ticket provider (Ticketek) - and then post a transparent statement on the clubs member page to avoid any confusion?

Not that hard is it?

Thanks for the response - and yes, that's the general view. Just turn up on the day and don't worry about getting sprung. Not sure about everyone else, but that doesn't seem like an intelligent approach if there's a simple option that removes any doubt about getting entry.

But it's absurd that neither the club, or Ticketek have not provided a transparent answer to the question. I'll guarantee there's plenty in the same position, and I'm not sure why it's that hard. It's not like people are trying to bluff the system here ...... people are actually sticking their hand up and offering to pay the difference in the ticket cost.

I contacted the club and they're taking an all care no responsibility approach as expected - "yes we understand the question but you'll need to speak to Ticketek". Well unless I'm mistaken, the club has an obligation to provide support to members and you'd think someone from the club might use some initiative - speak to the ticket provider (Ticketek) - and then post a transparent statement on the clubs member page to avoid any confusion?

Not that hard is it?
Yeah exactly, iv tried getting onto ticketek, called the club and called the AFL all of whom just pass the buck.
I’m more than happy to pay whatever it takes to change the ticket but it’s just impossible

Yeah exactly, iv tried getting onto ticketek, called the club and called the AFL all of whom just pass the buck.
I’m more than happy to pay whatever it takes to change the ticket but it’s just impossible
Not sure what the next move is? In the old days you could just go to the ticket window at the ground and pay the difference but there's no information suggesting that's even an option nowadays.

So if the club and Ticketek are not able to answer the question - stuffed if I know what next?

Did you actually get through to anyone at Ticketek or just try and not get through?

Hey guys - got a lifelong Geelong mate thats desperate for a ticket anywhere in the ground and missed out on ballot - if anybody has any leads I'd love to hear about them. All the best for Saturday!

I missed out on the ballot this year (in a group of 3) but my uncle let me use his GFC barcode for a single ballot entry and it came up. So I am grateful I have a ticket in the second last row of the Warnie Stand.

Question : My brother is in the AFL Members area and want to meet him for a beer in there. Any past experiences of being able to bluff your way into the that area on GF day? Do they even have that internal crossover section open on GF day?

I missed out on the ballot this year (in a group of 3) but my uncle let me use his GFC barcode for a single ballot entry and it came up. So I am grateful I have a ticket in the second last row of the Warnie Stand.

Question : My brother is in the AFL Members area and want to meet him for a beer in there. Any past experiences of being able to bluff your way into the that area on GF day? Do they even have that internal crossover section open on GF day?

I got into the Mcc Friday night for free piss cause my mates work behind the tap and sorted us. He gave me his work apron I put it on and walked straight in and nobody batted an eyelid

Try something like that perhaps or get you hands on the pass out cards. When you leave the mcc to go for a smoke for example they give you orange pass out cards, afl area would do the same

You won't get into the AFL Member area on the day, it's fenced off internally and you will need to show your ticket to enter/exit. Best to meet him somewhere else before the game.

I got into the Mcc Friday night for free piss cause my mates work behind the tap and sorted us. He gave me his work apron I put it on and walked straight in and nobody batted an eyelid

Try something like that perhaps or get you hands on the pass out cards. When you leave the mcc to go for a smoke for example they give you orange pass out cards, afl area would do the same

Amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be better off getting him to come into the general public.

Not sure what the next move is? In the old days you could just go to the ticket window at the ground and pay the difference but there's no information suggesting that's even an option nowadays.

So if the club and Ticketek are not able to answer the question - stuffed if I know what next?

Did you actually get through to anyone at Ticketek or just try and not get through?
No I didn’t, it just goes to a voice msg then hangs up. Iv also send a few emails off and the response I get is that someone will be in contact in the next 3-5 working days.
It’s actually ridiculous that there is no information to help people do the correct thing, instead we will be forced to try and get in with the tickets we have and hope we don’t get pulled up

For anyone that may be interested I was on the phone having a little whinge to the club this morning that they need to fight the AFL harder for better allocations...
Anyway they said they are potentially setting up viewing the GF at Kardinia, still tbc but just something to keep in mind for any locals.

For anyone that may be interested I was on the phone having a little whinge to the club this morning that they need to fight the AFL harder for better allocations...
Anyway they said they are potentially setting up viewing the GF at Kardinia, still tbc but just something to keep in mind for any locals.
Literally about to post the question. As I’ve missed the ballot every time I watched previous GFs at KP. Usually a great setup.

what were they allocated ?

Literally about to post the question. As I’ve missed the ballot every time I watched previous GFs at KP. Usually a great setup.
I guess they are just sorting out the logistics of it all and if it all works out it will be able to go ahead 🤞
I'd be coming from Bendigo but would be super keen to watch surrounded by Cats fans.

Nice pipe dream to think that competing clubs will get more tickets but it's never going to happen. Same thing happens in most major sporting codes around the world - dollars drive the discussion and the outcome.

The club won't admit it publicly, but the money they make from competing in a GF via corporate / hospitality is far and away, more than what they make by doing the obvious and giving more tickets out to paid up members. If we want the club to remain financially strong, it's a reality that we have to accept and just take our chances on getting a ticket. We also have to accept that for the club to continue to compete financially with larger clubs (on and off field) they have to grow memberships - when that happens it dilutes the chances of members getting a ticket if the AFL allocation to clubs doesn't change.

I'm guessing more members got tickets allocated in 2007 - 2009 - 2011 when we had less that 40k or 50k members. Now we've got over 70k but still get roughly the same allocation. Don't completely blame the AFL either - MCC and AFL paid up members take up huge ticket allocations. They pay their membership subs and that's what they deserve to get in return.

No simple answer that keeps members happy - keeps corporates happy - and keeps the club financially strong.

Nice pipe dream to think that competing clubs will get more tickets but it's never going to happen. Same thing happens in most major sporting codes around the world - dollars drive the discussion and the outcome.

The club won't admit it publicly, but the money they make from competing in a GF via corporate / hospitality is far and away, more than what they make by doing the obvious and giving more tickets out to paid up members. If we want the club to remain financially strong, it's a reality that we have to accept and just take our chances on getting a ticket. We also have to accept that for the club to continue to compete financially with larger clubs (on and off field) they have to grow memberships - when that happens it dilutes the chances of members getting a ticket if the AFL allocation to clubs doesn't change.

I'm guessing more members got tickets allocated in 2007 - 2009 - 2011 when we had less that 40k or 50k members. Now we've got over 70k but still get roughly the same allocation. Don't completely blame the AFL either - MCC and AFL paid up members take up huge ticket allocations. They pay their membership subs and that's what they deserve to get in return.

No simple answer that keeps members happy - keeps corporates happy - and keeps the club financially strong.
I completely understand it is the way it is but mostly just wanted to say how much it sucks. Being a member my whole life still has never gotten me a ticket to the GF.

At this stage??? I'd rather be able to see the game for priority one tickets, some Priority 2 have better seats than the nose bleed section where we are. Hardly fair.
Typical old school Social Club member - I Pay more money therefore i am entitled - where in the Social Club guidelines or the GF ticket Guidelines does it state Social Club members must have access to Category 1 tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back