Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the interests of some very Senior People at West Coast not to bottom out too badly. The money men would probably also favour that. Whether that is in the long term interests of the club winning cups wise is another story.

They're probably going around saying 'three years out of finals max is our target' forgetting or ignoring that they have gone two years out already and are only starting their rebuild now. I mean it might work, but it probably won't.

Yeah, because their 2 win season wasn't too badly...

Is #15 for Lobb enough?

Does it buy us a tall marking forward with a bit of ruck, under contract elsewhere to kick 35 goals next season?

I don't think it does. Pick #15 is a step backwards for Fremantle into 2023, so there wouldn't be cheers from me for that.

of course it’s enough. The bloke is turning 30

Unless we get a very good deal or a replacement type player just make Lobb stay..

A grown man signed a contract, toughen up and hold up your end of it.

Dude wont be happy for a while but I'm sure once preseason starts he would put it behind him and just get on with the job.

Is #15 for Lobb enough?

Does it buy us a tall marking forward with a bit of ruck, under contract elsewhere to kick 35 goals next season?

I don't think it does. Pick #15 is a step backwards for Fremantle into 2023, so there wouldn't be cheers from me for that.
He’s the definition of an average AFL player. He’s kicked 35 goals once in his 9 years in the AFL. He’s 30 years old. Has never even got within an asses roar of an AA squad selection, let alone the team. The dogs are likely buying 60 games of frustrating inconsistent football with Rory Lobb.
I did a recent list on here and ranked him as approx the 15th best key forward in the AFL heading into next season. That could well be generous to him actually.
If we get anything more than the equivalent of pick 25 we will do very well.

He’s the definition of an average AFL player. He’s kicked 35 goals once in his 9 years in the AFL. He’s 30 years old. Has never even got within an asses roar of an AA squad selection, let alone the team. The dogs are likely buying 60 games of frustrating inconsistent football with Rory Lobb.
I did a recent list on here and ranked him as approx the 15th best key forward in the AFL heading into next season. That could well be generous to him actually.
If we get anything more than the equivalent of pick 25 we will do very well.

Does anyone disagree that he is an average AFL Key Forward?

The issue isn't his importance as a player, the issue is his importance to Fremantle as a player. He was our best forward for the year.

As frustrating and limited as he is we would be daft to let him go for his actual worth which is probably around pick 30.

Pay up or jog on. Who cares if we lose him for a pick in the 50s next year?

The issue isn't his importance as a player, the issue is his importance to Fremantle as a player. He was our best forward for the year.

As frustrating and limited as he is we would be daft to let him go for his actual worth which is probably around pick 30.

I like reading sense.

It all depends if you think that Rory Lobb can be the number one key forward that leads us to a flag next year, or not?
If you do - yes it s keep for a tilt and hope he drags us across the line.
If you don’t then it’s a year of lost opportunity cost getting someone else in his place such as Treacy and pumping 20 games into them.
After watching the finals I’m firmly in the second camp.
The unknown is what a 4th year player in Luke Jackson can do in 2023, I think everyone agrees it’s difficult to know yet what he will contribute.
However, LJ isn’t coming over to freo to spend the year at peel. Exactly how would we fit Lobb, tabs, LJ and Darcy in the 22 next year and still get games into Amiss and Treacy, something that I reckon is crucial for our medium term flag prospects (2024 to 2029)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Lobb and Treacy not play in the same team or something?

It's not flag or complete bust either, going deep into finals is valuable experience moving forward, missing next year would put the team's development back.
Lobb's partner has moved to Melbourne. He had legit family reasons why he wants to leave the state.
Maybe she should have thought about her partner being contracted to his job here before taking one for herself on the other side of the country. Hardly some move required for some compassionate grounds like Tim Kelly for example.

I'd prefer to let people go if they want to move but if it is to the detriment to the club and the team then why wouldn't you say no.

Can Lobb and Treacy not play in the same team or something
How is jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Lobb and Treacy all fitting into the 22 next year?
Not to mention Amiss who looks a star in the making.
Love to hear peoples B22 next year if Lobb stays and LJ comes.

How is jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Lobb and Treacy all fitting into the 22 next year?
Not to mention Amiss who looks a star in the making.
Love to hear peoples B22 next year if Lobb stays and LJ comes.
Jackson isn't a forward. Taberner is injured half the time. Amiss is still a kid without the physical presence to be a key target in contests, yet.

Lobb's partner has moved to Melbourne. He had legit family reasons why he wants to leave the state.

I can see us trading him for less than what most of you will be happy for.

The argument could be made that she could've stayed... seeing as he had 2 years to run on his contract.

The 'legit' reasons to leave are BS as far as I'm concerned. His partner also had a choice. She chose Melbourne and work over staying in WA.

Now they'll be faced with all sorts of options. I hate the narrative 'family' or 'partner' reasons when shes the one who upped and left in the first place.

Why can’t they just go 15 for Lobb.

Why the f does the whole footy community not rate Lobb.

Fingers crossed a cashed up Bombers or Saints come knocking with a better deal. Feel like Lobb would agree to go with any VIC side at this stage.
I think 15 Straight swap for Lobb is fair.

The argument could be made that she could've stayed... seeing as he had 2 years to run on his contract.

The 'legit' reasons to leave are BS as far as I'm concerned. His partner also had a choice. She chose Melbourne and work over staying in WA.

Now they'll be faced with all sorts of options. I hate the narrative 'family' or 'partner' reasons when shes the one who upped and left in the first place.

Now we're not privy to any sort of inside discussions. 'If' Lobb was told they'll explore a trade this year at the end of last year, then he has some merits to being annoyed. If there was no such winky winky discussions and there was an assumption based purely on him asking last year? Well he has to grin and bear it.

You simply don't sign contracts you can't fulfil OR you make a decision and quit. It's not like he's running a fish and chip shop. He's on big dollars.

Jackson isn't a forward. Taberner is injured half the time. Amiss is still a kid without the physical presence to be a key target in contests, yet.
And yet he managed to take 4 great marks in an EF despite having a short pre season and being badly injured for a substantial part of the year 😉.

I actually have high hopes for Nev to make a real impact next year. Could see 30 goals coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back