Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree that you could only play one of tabs or Lobb if Lobb stays and for me that would be Tabs though they are both similar enough really. I trust tabs a little bit more if fully fit not to get completely blown away by his opponent on a tough day.
However that still doesn’t answer how Amiss and Treacy fits in..
If we assume Darcy is No 1 ruck and jackson is played as a key position second ruck & forward, to start with at least, our front 6 looks something like this:
Switta Jackson Walters
Frederick Lobb Schultz
IC: Amiss or Treacy.
Peel:
Tabs, Sturt, Banfield, possibly Corbett?? Plus any other forward we may get in the draft.

I didn’t even mention one N Fyfe.

I just don’t know… I don’t think Tabs is ready just yet to be put out to grass and wind down his AFL career at Peel for the next season.
At the risk of starting a heated debate, a fit tabs is still an automatic starter for freo in my view anyway
I think the balance is significantly better with Amiss and one of the Crustaceans then two of them, even if Tabs is a better player than Nev at the moment. Enough of a better balance to push Tabs out similar to Logue in the backline this year.

Treacy needs to dominate Peel before any considerations about his fit are made an Jackson plays as basically a third tall so fits in next to whoever

Tholstrup, he’ll travel anyware to play footy.

Should have good hans.
hans GIF

His colts stats look good, similar player to Nathan?
Averaged 20 possessions and just under a goal a game from 6 games for Perth this year. From the stats alone he looks to be a steady improver like Nathan as well.
I‘ve been told by a work colleague that is close to the O’Driscoll family that he is the most talented of the lot.
Time will tell

If the trades can be made to work I don't hate the list changes being discussed, it's not ideal but two quality rucks with Darcy increasing his time forward.

Two out of Amiss, Treacy and Taberner as the other talls surrounded by our small forwards and rotating mids.

Maybe asking a lot for Amiss to be ready for regular football next year and it would be a huge bonus if someone like Treacy or Sturt could have a break out season but my biggest worry is still that we overpay for Jackson and don't get value for the players who are leaving.

If you think some of the melts here on our board are bad, do yourself a favour and check out the Jackson thread on the Melbourne board, what a miserable bunch for having just won a flag.

No matter how negativity we all feel towards Lobb and Logue I’ll always be thankful that even our worst posters will never fall as low as the bunch of Melbourne members over there lynching Jackson.

Last edited:
Why are we looking at him?

What has he done to earn near 500k, let alone 700 to 800k

Luke Jackson (Melbourne)​

Out of contract, ruck

CHANGES FROM 2021 TO 2022:

Disposals:
12.8 to 14.8 (10 per cent)

Contested possessions: 6.5 to 8.2 (21 per cent)

Hitout to advantage rate: 12.2 to 9.8 (-24 per cent)

Clearances: 1.5 to 2.4 (38 per cent)

Score involvements: 4.6 to 5.2 (12 per cent)

Wants to return home to Western Australia with Fremantle the likely destination. The 2021 Rising Star winner is considered to be one of the most exciting young players in the AFL and Melbourne are going to demand a high price for the 20-year-old who didn’t have the year many expected of him in 2022 but still showed some improvement.

Out of contract, ruck

Disposals:

Wants to return home to Western Australia with Fremantle the likely destination. The 2021 Rising Star winner is considered to be one of the most exciting young players in the AFL and Melbourne are going to demand a high price for the 20-year-old who didn’t have the year many expected of him in 2022 but still showed some improvement.
Aged 20.
There’s your answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some comedy while we wait for trade period to start. From the Carlton board re a possible Paddy Dow trade:

I’d ask for a 1st round pick. Jordan Clark left geelong for freo for what was equivalent to a first round pick. Couldn’t get games because they were a top 4 defence in the comp at the time. Well, dow couldn’t break into a top 2 midfield in the comp this year and is contracted so if they can’t give us what geelong got for Clark then we’d be more than happy to keep him.

Some comedy while we wait for trade period to start. From the Carlton board re a possible Paddy Dow trade:

I’d ask for a 1st round pick. Jordan Clark left geelong for freo for what was equivalent to a first round pick. Couldn’t get games because they were a top 4 defence in the comp at the time. Well, dow couldn’t break into a top 2 midfield in the comp this year and is contracted so if they can’t give us what geelong got for Clark then we’d be more than happy to keep him.

Lol. If they hadn’t already delisted Stocker I’d actually be comfortable trading for him tbh. If both were out of contract Dow would’ve probably been delisted first.

If you think some of the melts here on our board are bad, do yourself a favour and check out the Jackson thread on the Melbourne board, what a miserable bunch for having just won a flag.

No matter how negativity we all feel towards Lobb and Logue I’ll always be thankful that even our worst posters will never fall as low as the bunch of Melbourne members over there lynching Jackson.
To be fair he is an early first round draft pick moving after three years and they think he's going to be a star. That's pretty shit for them. Logue's no star and has given us six years. I think that's the difference.
Imagine if, say, Hayden Young was heading back east this year after giving us three years, I reckon there might be calls for blood.

Out of contract, ruck

Disposals:

You need to work on your maths, or are you deliberately fudging the %ages? (Apologies if they’ve been supplied from an article, but they’re clearly wrong)

Try:
16%
26%
-20%
60%
13%

disposals, contested pos, clearances and score involvements are tracking really well for a 20 year old tall.

The Lobb deal probably look like,
11 swapped with 13 and say pick 29 also,
11 and future first for Jackson I think melb will just have to take.
Leaves us with a couple of second rounders next yr from north and our own, with a few thirds with Tucker and Acres going will be an ok draft hand.
Maybe trade a few to get back into this draft with gold-coast 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or someone.

You need to work on your maths, or are you deliberately fudging the %ages? (Apologies if they’ve been supplied from an article, but they’re clearly wrong)

Try:
16%
26%
-20%
60%
13%

disposals, contested pos, clearances and score involvements are tracking really well for a 20 year old tall.
Herald sun article :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back