Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How is that relevant? They are both out and out forwards. Henry is wing / HHF.

Literally the only thing they have in common is being indigenous.
Henry has a wing spot open here if he wants it. I assumed him moving would more be for a forward role because that's something he can't get here because he's behind too many players.

He thanked his missus for her sacrifices. Storm in a tea cup
Cerra 2020 vibes. Strong implications that his gf would prefer to be in Victoria.

Not saying that he's 100% gone, but no doubt he'll explore his options. I can't see a contract extension prior to the bye next season at the earliest.

Cerra 2020 vibes. Strong implications that his gf would prefer to be in Victoria.

Not saying that he 100% gone, but no doubt he'll explore his options. I can't see a contract extension prior to the bye next season at the earliest.
IF it turns out to be the case we have a couple of years to prepare for it.

I think at some point Serong will go home. Maybe around 2026 if our window is closing. He will be at his prime then and will have million dollar contract offers. We would want 2 high first round picks. If he was made captain after Fyfe then that might sway him to stay longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he’s all in at least til we climb the mountain. He’s always projected as intensely committed to the club and the people within it.
Caleb, yes. But he's not the individual we're worried about here.

If his partner is adamant that they return home, and Melbourne tables a $4m/5y deal he'd certainly be discussing it with her.

How is jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Lobb and Treacy all fitting into the 22 next year?
Not to mention Amiss who looks a star in the making.
Love to hear peoples B22 next year if Lobb stays and LJ comes.
I think that a lot would depend on the pre-season. Probs for the first time ever there would be genuine competition for tall forward spots.

If we assume:
a) everyone is fit and available and has an uninterrupted pre-season
b) we setup with a 3 tall + 3 small forward line
c) Fyfe plays a fair amount midfield but with some minor forward time as well
d) Jackson and Darcy share the ruck

Then I could imagine the 3 talls setup to be:

• 2 of Lobb, Tabs or Amiss. Which two for round 1 depends on pre-season form. Could easily be Lobb and Amiss.
  • Jackson/Darcy playing 3rd tall with some cameo minutes at 3rd tall from Fyfe

If, however, you were playing Jackson as a tall midfielder and Fyfe as a dedicated midfielder -- you could play the tall from above who missed out in the 3rd tall role. If you wanted a more defensively minded 3rd tall (say, playing against a May), then Treacy could come in.

(Over the course of the year, Treacy could push himself way up the depth chart with performances at Peel.)

Although the bigger issue in this scenario is playing both Fyfe and Jackson as midfielders. I don't know how you fit them both into the midfield mix fulltime.

We have exactly 12 months. And by that point he'll be out of contract and we have no leverage if it comes to a trade.
Every club in Vic will want hime so we will have leverage. We survived the loss of Cerra and we will survive any potential loss of Serong. Erasmus will be ready by then.

Every club in Vic will want hime so we will have leverage. We survived the loss of Cerra and we will survive any potential loss of Serong. Erasmus will be ready by then.
I guess Gold Coast survives if you keep losing top 10 draft picks in their prime that you've developed, do you survive? Yes. Do you thrive? Not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back