Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Gold Coast survives if you keep losing top 10 draft picks in their prime that you've developed, do you survive? Yes. Do you thrive? Not so much
We thrived without Cerra. If we allow for it we will be ok.Erasmus is projecting nicely. I assume it isn't going to happen to us every year like it happens at GC and GWS.

Would either team even be interested? Crows going after rankine and Port rioli.
Henry is a different player from both of those guys. Either Rankine + Henry or Rioli + Henry would be a pretty good mix. (Depending on how you see Henry working out.)

I could imagine Adelaide being interested in Henry. Their outside play is pretty pedestrian. If they felt they could boost Henry's game to the next level there would definitely be a spot for him in their line-up.

We thrived without Cerra. If we allow for it we will be ok.Erasmus is projecting nicely. I assume it isn't going to happen to us every year like it happens at GC and GWS.
I think it's a moot point anyway as I strongly believe Serong will stay. But I am not so sure we'd thrive if we lose him.

I think it's an overreaction to Serong thanking his girlfriend for supporting him in his work. But if it filters through to the club and Caleb then he might have a Sean Darcy moment and put the issue to bed with a big extension.

Yeah it's a real sacrifice to live in one of the nicest cities in the world with the best weather in the world.

JFC
A lot of people from outside Perth don't like Petth as a place to live.

It's not about the climate. It's about the vibe of Perth. It's nowhere near the same urban living environment that you get in some other cities.

Of course there are also a lot of people who move to Perth and love the relaxed suburban feel of the place. They move into their little suburban bubble and just love the convenience of that kind of life.

But it's not for everyone.

Brayshaw signed on December 17 2020 at the exact same point in contract (with a year to go in 2021) for 4 years, Serong may be doing the same, the high placing in the doig and player of the finals award will earn him a bigger contract.

It'll be on Freo & development if Liam goes to the Demons and becomes Kozzie mark 2, he's got all the attributes but our development of him has been shit.
And with 2 of our top 10 from the medal last night leaving, should call it the Mundy medal, we is in for some pain next season imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be on Freo & development if Liam goes to the Demons and becomes Kozzie mark 2, he's got all the attributes but our development of him has been s**t.
And with 2 of our top 10 from the medal last night leaving, should call it the Mundy medal, we is in for some pain next season imo

I'd argue just about everyone else on the list is developing and getting the most out of themselves. Sometimes it falls on the player OR they're actually just shit.

He's not s**t. He's very talented

I didn’t say he was shit, but the notion the club is responsible for every players development is BS. The player needs to do some heavy lifting.

I really like Henry, but if he wishes to leave for ‘greater’ opportunity then I don’t understand because he hasn’t done much to demand selection.

That’s all I’m saying.

Toby Bedford leaving Demons…

It'll be on Freo & development if Liam goes to the Demons and becomes Kozzie mark 2, he's got all the attributes but our development of him has been s**t.
Sometimes its not just all on the club to develop the player though, surely some of it has to be up to the player themselves. No pain next season, just have a look at the talent we have 23 and under.

This is the difference though Kozi isn’t expected to play wing.
Henry is highly skilled, but his defensive skills need addressing.
If he fixes that up he could be Walters like.
But structurally look at the Dees, with Tabs, Lobb, hardly playing
footy together.
Treacy, Amiss injured too, without the talls competing the attention goes to
the smalls. Dees always play a spine.
Seems ridiculous to move players to the rookie list, or hold on to depth mids.
We need KPF depth and forwards.
You put Kozi in our forward lines at Freo or Peel and besides his aggression I
doubt he is a standout.
I like what Hardwick did with Rioli, and moved him back. Could do the same at
Peel, instead of making the play get him more involved.

As most know, I am a big fan of L. Henry, but he looks not to fit in with the way that the coaches want to play and I think that is the biggest impact on his development; I don't think he is a wingman but in our team that is his "best position" and obviously he has tried to play that this season with mixed success and quite frankly it looks to has squeezed all of the x factor that he had out of him. The x factor was a key reason in drafting him in the first place and if we are not going to cultivate it then sure he should move on. That is not to excuse those times when he has been lazy in game in terms of chasing, although I tend to think that is overstated by the Henry haters on this board.

He is not the only one in this position; there have definitely been times where you go how is it possible that a guy like Sam Sturt can't get a game in a team which struggles to put scores on the board (again not to take away from those times when he was out of form), and then you look at how we are trying to play and realise that these types don't really fit in that well with the metrics that we choose players by. It wouldn't surprise me if Matthew Johnson is the replacement Logue forward next year, simply on the basis that he makes many more tackles per game than Sam Sturt, and we basically choose non tall forwards more on that than goal kicking.

He's not s**t. He's very talented
I still have high hopes for Henry but he has been given a lot of opportunity and hasn't quite done much with it. I remember for years people were saying SPS isn't shit he just being used wrong by Carlton. And then he went to West Coast and is still not very good.

I do wonder if it might help Henry's development if he was played in a different position. Half forward and wing are tough spots to cut your teeth in as a young recruit. Might be worth playing him off half back, get some easy uncontested ball to help him pick up the pace of the game better and then push him down onto the wing a bit more down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back