Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love what Ed has done for the club but why he is named is baffling me. Much rather see Cottrell play that roaming half forward role like last week.

Pretty stacked extended bench. Curious to see what, if any, changes Vossy swings.
Ed is our best kick inside 50. Loves hitting up Charlie.

Might have a player or 2 coming out of the selected side, and both Boyd and Cincotta play, allowing Doc to play as a full-time mid, otherwise

Cincotta, Cottrell, Owies, Kennedy

Sub Boyd, Fisher or Hewett
I would have had Fish for Ed as sub and Boyd for Hewett if plan on Doc playing full time mid (which I like). Otherwise Boyd for Cincotta

Ok I'll kick things off. WTF does Paddy Dow have to do to get a game FFS!
Move clubs

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just weird messaging from all and sundry at the club this week.
imagine the horror of standing in the outer watching the blues struggle back in the eighties with no messaging, no social media, no idea what everyone's guess/advice was? no-one trying to interpret anything at all from a knowledge base of zero? just a pie and a drink and the blues playing footy - imagine that nightmare if you can.............

Ed is also the only guy that has those attributes to lock heavily on daicos like the old days. Daicos also doesn’t defend at all so it gives Ed a free run at working off him when we have the ball. I actually like him as a forward. He’s also very accurate at goal.
We should have moved past Ed, been a loyal committed servant, but he does not have the capability to run with Daicos a absolute elite quick player, Ed at half forward is not a good move, again takes along time for our MC to see obvious things.

Last edited:
Gosh Ed was injured 2 weeks ago, played sub last week... should give him a full weeks rest or a controlled game in the 2's. Wonder if Pitto is in slight doubt after his niggle last week, hence the addition of TDK who has not played for a few weeks.

for me would be:

out: Ed, Durdin
in: Boyd, TDK

Cincotta sub

Ed's selection is rather baffling to say the least - can only assume they have an assigned match up, otherwise his selection throws team balance out of whack.

Interchange I'd have TDK, Cottrell, Kennedy and Cincotta - which means we'd be leaving Owies out in favour of Ed.

I'd be including TDK - you can't have Pitto going solo against Cameron and Cox - and if he went down early in the game, we'd be ****ed. And I'm totally over the JSOS rucking experiment. Cotters provides extra run, Kennedy picks himself, and Cincotta/Boyd as the 7th defender - just please stop putting Cerra behind the ball as the 'distributor' similar to what Collingwood does with Daicos - it aint his go. His class is very much required in the guts.

imagine the horror of standing in the outer watching the blues struggle back in the eighties with no messaging, no social media, no idea what everyone's guess/advice was? no-one trying to interpret anything at all from a knowledge base of zero? just a pie and a drink and the blues playing footy - imagine that nightmare if you can.............
Dont think the knowledge base has gone up much .0001 now
but everyone knows it all

No doubt, but you had things like Bushrangers and the gold rush to keep you distracted.

Funny how success and blithe acceptance are conjoined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back