Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine the horror of standing in the outer watching the blues struggle back in the eighties with no messaging, no social media, no idea what everyone's guess/advice was? no-one trying to interpret anything at all from a knowledge base of zero? just a pie and a drink and the blues playing footy - imagine that nightmare if you can.............
Would have been good times...

Clubs and players can't complain about the modern times...
The huge publicity nowadays, brings the $$$ for both players and clubs...

Omit, but in place of lacking speed, we need runners
I wouldn't have Ed in the 22 either but my point was more he has now been named in the 18 so it's looking likely he will be playing - so if he's not tagging he doesn't really have a role. In saying that I don't even think he will be able to go with Nick but happy to be proven wrong. Just worried we will essentially be playing with 17.

I wouldn't have Ed in the 22 either but my point was more he has now been named in the 18 so it's looking likely he will be playing - so if he's not tagging he doesn't really have a role

Unless they sit him on Sidebottom or J Daicos, I agree

Only other option is a negating HF

imagine the horror of standing in the outer watching the blues struggle back in the eighties with no messaging, no social media, no idea what everyone's guess/advice was? no-one trying to interpret anything at all from a knowledge base of zero? just a pie and a drink and the blues playing footy - imagine that nightmare if you can.............

Carlton won 3 flags in the 80's and that was considered struggling?

The highest I've seen us finish ever is 5th.

Ed's selection is rather baffling to say the least - can only assume they have an assigned match up, otherwise his selection throws team balance out of whack.

Interchange I'd have TDK, Cottrell, Kennedy and Cincotta - which means we'd be leaving Owies out in favour of Ed.

I'd be including TDK - you can't have Pitto going solo against Cameron and Cox - and if he went down early in the game, we'd be ****ed. And I'm totally over the JSOS rucking experiment. Cotters provides extra run, Kennedy picks himself, and Cincotta/Boyd as the 7th defender - just please stop putting Cerra behind the ball as the 'distributor' similar to what Collingwood does with Daicos - it aint his go. His class is very much required in the guts.

Voss is pushing hard for midfielders to be able to play multiple positions on ground - his presser today is well worth watching.

Tons of dollars spent while the game becomes unwatchable bit by bit, year by year, rugbyfied without the biff

Last edited:
Carlton won 3 flags in the 80's and that was considered struggling?

The highest I've seen us finish ever is 5th.
we lost plenty of games, played like crap, looked disinterested often

no need for them to complain when the supporters do enough for the entire 'industry'...........

That horror nightmare scenario was magnificent. Plus we got to see 19’s ressies prior to the 1s. Try explaining that to a teenager today and they can’t wrap their heads around it😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think the knowledge base has gone up much .0001 now
but everyone knows it all

You ever talked to state level players let alone AFL? If you find someone who actually goes in depth about their game plan and "systems" it's fascinating stuff.

It's pretty incredible how far the game has progressed since Carlton's glory days.

You ever talked to state level players let alone AFL? If you find someone who actually goes in depth about their game plan and "systems" it's fascinating stuff.

It's pretty incredible how far the game has progressed since Carlton's glory days.
whilst the supporters just stagnate......................

The game is an ugly unskilled rioting mob at times.....and not because of mud like it once was.
I follow Carlton not the game. Tragic really but wouldnt matter if they played tiddlywinks its always Carna Blues.

we lost plenty of games, played like crap, looked disinterested often - are you suggesting you wouldn't have carried on like a tired 3 year old as you have done here lately?

We won 3 premierships in the 70's and 3 in the 80's. I don't understand how it's comparable at all.

Are you suggesting that I wouldn't be happy with 3 premierships?

The game is an ugly unskilled rioting mob at times.....and not because of mud like it once was.
I follow Carlton not the game. Tragic really but wouldnt matter if they played tiddlywinks its always Carna Blues.

I mean these guys are expected to be a mix of long distance runners and conditioned/hardy enough to cop big hits. It's pretty insane how good the average skill level across the board is despite this though.

I agree that modern tactics/stratagems have made for a poorer spectacle though. Other team sports have suffered from people realising it's easier to drag teams down to your level than vice versa. Aussie Rules still holds up better than Soccer at least.

What would you change?
Umm I wouldn’t play Ed for starters.
I think if are going to tag someone or have 1 negative player it would be cotrell on daicos.
I would play Boyd , I know he hasn’t been great but saad needs help and I think with docherty in the midfield we need another runner.
I wouldn’t play Hewitt and Kennedy together so Hewitt goes ., I would play Dow for a different look
Also play mckay real deep and curnow up the ground .. cripps and Kennedy rotating in the 50 and cerra in the middle .. just off the top of my head..
my point was we are very conservative with the changes for the same outcome .. for the next 2-3 weeks try something different or tinker a little. I feel Voss has to keep the boys United .. it’s a long season and even if we lose the next 3 if we are United we can hopefully turn a corner and back end of the year win a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back