Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jack SilvagniCharlie CurnowJack Martin
Forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaEd CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsGeorge HewettJosh Honey
Lewis Young

if paddy is such a poor, hard-done by, badly coached but budding champion mid-fielder, I expect we can look forward to massive offers from other clubs when he leaves - late first, couple of second rounders? handy at the trade table...........

Last edited:
I think Dow will have better 'offers' than either of those two , at that stage of their career's.(Kennedy did finally come good)
He's been our best VFL player for 2 seasons now and totally ignored by Voss.
What does he 'owe' this club?
Disagree
He hasnt been our best reserves player for one thing.
I just dont see him as hard enough despite the nice skills around the ruck.
And I dont think he is gonna get a game anywhere else either.
And its not a case of him owing the club or the club owing him.

No one hated Murphy and no one hates Ed.

Murphy was death ridden out of the team at the end as much as we admired, respected and loved him

The same is happening with Ed

At one level I can understand the MC playing it safe with some uninspiring selections, somewhat dictated by Pitto's injury. A win keeps us in the hunt for the top 8, albeit a remote possibility.
A confident, bold move would have seen Binns and dare I say Dow in the 22 yet the risk factor would be higher. This is where we are at.

Personally disappointed with the Ed in. Love Ed but not an ideal replacement for Cottrell imo and would prefer Walsh not have to play the wing role. Thought we looked best when he was part of the centre square group. Looking likely TDK will be a late out based on reports and hope Young plays as the primary ruck (with JSOS getting as little ruck minutes as possible). Either way the team listed is still more than good enough to win if we come out with the same attitude as we did against the Suns. GB!

The Ed Curnow hate here really annoys me.

Being a great club stalwart for a long time.

And I firmly believe there is still a little bit of gas left in his tank (and yes this is his final season)

Richmond's flogging last night opens up a (slight) window to playing finals. Why not the MC try use the best/most proven players capable of getting us a win over Hawthorn.

Some posters want to have their cake and eat it too.

Hawthorn beat a strong Brisbane outfit here at the G a few years ago, we cannot afford to take them lightly.

The MC probably dares to dream of still playing.in finals and so do I!!!
I love Ed, he is a heart and soul Carlton player but he doesn't deserve his spot in the side this year as much as I wish he did.

By continuing to choose him with no justifiable reason that fans can see based on form, the MC is destroying the joy & memories of him playing for the club over the years.

He is becoming the player everyone moans about which shouldn't be the case. He should be thought of fondly at the end of his career. That is entirely on the coaches and MC

Murphy was death ridden out of the team at the end as much as we admired, respected and loved him

The same is happening with Ed
Murphy didn’t warrant a game - he was a liability at the end of his career.
Similar for Ed this year.
Look at Port Adelaide’s approach to team selection and player roles this year. They are the antithesis of us.
No players has a right to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The insanity continues.
They better not debut Binns as the sub. I don't want to watch a rubbish game for the slight possibility of seeing him debut.
Love Ed, but this is another poor call. Not a fan of Dow, but from what I've heard he deserved to hold a spot.

Hawks with a fairly week side, but still can't see us breaking the bye curse. Think I'll have to tip Hawks.

The insanity continues.
They better not debut Binns as the sub. I don't want to watch a rubbish game for the slight possibility of seeing him debut.
Love Ed, but this is another poor call. Not a fan of Dow, but from what I've heard he deserved to hold a spot.

Hawks with a fairly week side, but still can't see us breaking the bye curse. Think I'll have to tip Hawks.
If you just woke up from a 5yr coma you would think it is a good idea to bring Ed in to tag Tom Mitchell.

No other reason

What's so disappointing about selections every week is how predictable they are. Seeing Ed and Jack in the team could be seen from a mile away.

I haven't been too outwardly critical of Voss but one thing he disappoints me in is team selection. In Brisbane he constantly went the veterans over kids, and is doing the same here.

The insanity continues.

It’s not Ed’s fault but he adds zero value other than as a diminished tagger. Objectively poor inclusion. His counterparts from the emergency list would be Hewett and Binns and both offer more.

If only Brad Fisher copped the MC love to give him just the one extra game.

At one level I can understand the MC playing it safe with some uninspiring selections, somewhat dictated by Pitto's injury. A win keeps us in the hunt for the top 8, albeit a remote possibility.
A confident, bold move would have seen Binns and dare I say Dow in the 22 yet the risk factor would be higher. This is where we are at.
l don't think it is a bold move playing Binns against a bottom 3 team, he has performed well most of the season & deserves to be rewarded, same as Dow who should have been given a month.

Voss & the MC are so conservative, we are not making finals, we should be looking at players with a view to next year Curnow selection is ridiculous, resorting back to slower players again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back