Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody will get stuck with Connor O'Sullivan as you put it, whilst he's played mostly KPD this season he's also had spells forward and even spent some time in the midfield at times. Connor is a genuine KPP prospect capable of playing key back or key forward with his athleticism and marking prowess and not too shabby in regards to ground ball either.
Thats truly great..but he is not a mid or a realistic chance of ever being one.. Sanders, caddy and Wilson are though

Thats truly great..but he is not a mid or a realistic chance of ever being one.. Sanders, caddy and Wilson are though
Caddy I don't thinks there's too many that see his future as a midfielder.

Edit: The lad himself has said he models his game on Chalie Curnow

Last edited:
Some risk. I have always assumed he would go for a pick 25-35. I think that is a decent roll of the dice for a kid who has never seemed to fit up in GC.
And in one of the biggest games of his career - where he was put in the position where everyone projected he would up - and he got BOG

Let’s face it if he had progressed like he was expected to early we wouldn’t be having this conversation as he would be worth 2 top 20 picks.

If you want a strong list you have to take punt on potential and hopeful break outs

Adelaide did that with Rankine - plenty on this very forum had said he hadn’t lived up to his pre draft hype and wasn’t worth trading for us a high end pick. Yet Adelaide were in his ear before he even had that spell of good games at GC.
Similar with Dawson. He had a real breakout year with the Swans but we were in his ear early that year to get him.

That’s how you get elite players - unless you draft them - because the rest of them are usually signed up to long contracts early or are problems. Serong, Oliver, Petracca, JHF etc all unavailable signed forever.

Very disappointing it appears we haven’t thrown our hat in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He wasn’t BOG and comparing to the Dawson and Rankine trades? They’re not remotely the same. Those two were clearly established at AFL level and Dawson was 3rd in Sydney’s B&F the year he left. Hollands has never been a consistent best 22 at AFL level and struggled at VFL most of the season. Seems like another list clogger to me, just as Hately ended up being despite being more highly regarded than Hollands at the time we got him.

Did enter the system off a knee and sits behind multiple top 5 draftee midfielders.

Had done enough to get a rising star nom and play a few food games to show he can play at the level. That’s all you need a kid to do to show he has the capability of making it.

Holland was also a top 10 draft pick and it's very common for half forward flank, wing or half back flank to be used as positions to develop midfielders before they're ready to transition inside. Gold Coast had plenty of opportunities to get him in the best 22 and haven't which should raise alarm bells here.

Not by the end of the 3rd year. 1st and 2nd year you're looking for the capability of making it. By the end of the 3rd year, they should be firmly entrenched in the best 22. There have been 2 drafts/trade periods since so it does indicate the lad has been overtaken by better prospects.

On Hollands, as much as part of me wanted him, it isn't a big deal. Compare the pair.View attachment 1816124
We should still have at least tried to get him ... Carlton for sure will be paying chips ... doesn't matter if he turns out to be another Menzel... still a better chance of getting a decent player than an actual 3rd round draft pick

I want to get Wilson in this draft if we are able to maintain a pick between say 9-14 (hoping he would still be there) and then if it meant we gained extra 2024 1sts to try and get in ahead of a Welsh bid, I could live with that now.

I feel like Reid and Hamish have deals in place that may only go through on draft night if the cards fall our way and the players we want are around the mark that we want

Yes but why is it that Geelong come out and say they will trade Ratagulea to another club if they don’t get a future 1st for him, and the media all agree, and we say nothing about McAdam and the media says future 3rd sounds about right.
I much prefer McAdam as a player to Ratagalua and would love to see us at least trying to control the narrative around him.
Difference is that Mcadam is playing for an SA club so some in the media don't even know who he is. Anyone from a Vic club is a superstar and they would probably agree that Ratugolea is worth a first rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Port would be happy with that
Only if they need it for a salary dump, wines is contracted for 3 years, is favourite to be their captain next year and won a brownlow. Port fan rang in and said the trade would be fine if the cats sent 2 firsts and 2 seconds along with ratugolea

Caddy ????? .....good luck with that .....did you watch his brother play? .....fantastic junior player, great early career ....but could never be considered anymore than a good ordinary player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back