Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands Melbourne have 20 players on their list due to be 28 or older next year. Some retiring this year.

Maybe they are getting a head start on their rebuild

Yes. I was commenting on Melbourne having pick 4 leading to pick 1: that won't happen.
WC will only trade with you, I believe.

I am not sure, they don't call this the silly season for nothing. Nothing would surprise me. Our list has more holes than swiss cheese so I don't think it is sane to overspend for one player, even if he is a really good prospect.

I think once things get into the media then things can take off like wildfire, i think that is what happened with the Treloar to Bulldogs, from what I heard they were just testing the waters to see if there was interest and next minute it is firesale time.

This trade will happen, it's the cost that might hurt. High performance player coming in on huge $$$. Teammates going out to accommodate. I trust that Reid is doing his 'due diligence' here. We MAY lose Pedlar. In fact i will go insofar as to say we will LOSE Pedlar.

I am not sure who has the biggest upside here.

I would rather keep Pedlar. My opinion only.
Lachie Murphy will be a massive loss....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at the timeline… Maybe, just maybe… Redman staying at The Dons wasnt really Redman‘s choice?..

I was told that redman was all but filling his locker at AFC so they must have gone cold… maybe changed coarse for Oliver not sure. This was from one of the players parents
And.. At the time the tweets that were being dropped by AFL journalists went from being “Adelaide are chasing Redman hard” to all of a sudden overnight “Adelaide aren‘t really putting a lot of work into him”.. then a couple of weeks later Redman re-signs with the bumbers.. and then he goes and plays dogshite footy for the rest of the season looking like he wasn't really interested..

As it stands Melbourne have 20 players on their list due to be 28 or older next year. Some retiring this year.

Maybe they are getting a head start on their rebuild

And give up the rest of Olivers and Petracca prime years?

That sounds like grounds for firing eveyone at Melbourne for gross incompetence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedlar not relevant to this. He's mainly HFF for a while, anyway. He can be phased into the midfield as Crouch/Laird are phased out.
Clarry independent of this, should we be so fortunate.
I'm liking a starting midfield of Oliver, Dawson & Pedlar next year...

Ralph reporting we may get end of first for Doedee now. My maths might be a bit out, but 20, 22 and 25 is worth an extra 700ish points to GC for pick 5.

If that’s enough, 5,9 and McAdam surely gets it done.

If not, use our 2024 first in some way. No need to entertain Filth, Gollant etc.
Also Himmelberg trade points?
Or possibly trade for a future second for Welsh points enabling us to trade up for Draper or Hargrave.

Trading for Oliver. It's a like for like.
Nah..

i”m pretty damn sure we can fit Pedlar in that side with Oliver..

its murphy and sloane that should be shitting themselves if Oliver walk in the door.

one less spot in the 22 and they are on the very fringe.

West coast only need Curtin to come out in the media to say how close he is with family and he would get to pick 4

From what I understand both Curtin and Read would much prefer to remain in their home state. I don't think clubs want to invest a lot of their resources only for the player to leave after the first contract... or before it. I think flight risk is less of an issue the later you go in a draft, but if you are up that high you are going to be bombarded with offers from your home state.

I think logistically speaking, it would make more sense for us to sell out of pick 2 and take more picks further down a bit where there is a greater pool of players that are more our needs, most of the top end talent isn't exactly in the areas which would help us the most.

And give up the rest of Olivers and Petracca prime years?

That sounds like grounds for firing eveyone at Melbourne for gross incompetence.
I've always thought when rebuilding its best to trade out players for picks. If a middling team let's players play out their career and retire they get absolutely nothing upon retirement. If they trade them out at 28 to 30, at least they get some value back to put into the rebuild.

I can't see that happening.

If you believe everything you hear, then WCE really want Curtin but are trying to get as much as they can for pick 1 and we don't rate Curtin in our top 5 but we can't say that as it would make it a lot easier for Eagles to trade with someone else.

I don't believe everything I hear. But if the above is remotely true it makes it hard for Eagles to trade 1 to someone else and have certainty about Curtin. I can't see clubs giving honest opinions or commitments on players to do or not do anything outside of direct trading with each other for the players they want.

WC don't want to just cop the unders for Reid later down the track like you did with JHF.

They will trade pick 1.

Ralph reporting we may get end of first for Doedee now. My maths might be a bit out, but 20, 22 and 25 is worth an extra 700ish points to GC for pick 5.

If that’s enough, 5,9 and McAdam surely gets it done.

If not, use our 2024 first in some way. No need to entertain Filth, Gollant etc.
AFL using their secret herbs and spices to help us out by giving us end of 1st round compo as our compo for the Keays point.

Melbourne want Reid, granted. He is more talented that JHF. They also want Pedlar because he is an actual X factor. I want him more than Oliver in fact. I would rather keep Pedlar than recruit Oliver. Even though I am a redhead man lol.

Nah..

i”m pretty damn sure we can fit Pedlar in that side with Oliver..

its murphy and sloane that should be shitting themselves if Oliver walk in the door.

one less spot in the 22 and they are on the very fringe.
We get Oliver, Sloane should not play an AFL game next year.

Final game on a winter day in Noarlunga Oval in front of barely 1000 people......

His choice....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back