Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already got it pictured in my head: It's GF day 2024. The sun is shining, 100,000 screaming people. Clayton Oliver lines up with Dawson & Laird in our midfield. The siren goes, ball bounced, Clarry steams into position, ROB knocks it directly over his head straight to the opposition. Nature is restored.
Laird is down back. Pedlar in the middle.

Yes, but they won't get that without North and Hawthorn promising to not take WC's preferred first pick.

WC have already said that they are keeping pick 1 unless they get a ludicrous offer.

I can't see that happening.

If you believe everything you hear, then WCE really want Curtin but are trying to get as much as they can for pick 1 and we don't rate Curtin in our top 5 but we can't say that as it would make it a lot easier for Eagles to trade with someone else.

I don't believe everything I hear. But if the above is remotely true it makes it hard for Eagles to trade 1 to someone else and have certainty about Curtin. I can't see clubs giving honest opinions or commitments on players to do or not do anything outside of direct trading with each other for the players they want.

That seems super reasonable but realistically Melbourne need the we got Harley Reid story to stop the fans saying WTAF are we doing getting rid of Oliver
Melbourne with our 9 future 1 plus their 5/from free and 13 theirs

have be enough get pick one from west coast

get Harley Reid

this all went down around the same that Oliver, if the rumours are true, was injured and has apparently reached out to Darren Burgess for help and, at the same time, probably vented his frustrations with the Demon’s club doctors/fitness staff etc to Darren..
This is a very interesting point if true, and could explain why Melbourne may entertain trading him - it is a huge breach of trust, going to another club for injury help/advise.

Can understand it to an extent from Oliver’s perspective as well, if he lost faith with Melb’s guy but has a pre-existing and trusting relationship with Burgess

Forget the Bulldogs. They're going to find themselves on the outer here. Melb need pick 4, they don't want pick 10.

Ade want Oliver, Melb want Reid, WC want picks 4, 5, 9 etc, GC want a future first and points this year. They are all going to win in this mega trade, Bulldogs won't be part of this.

Melb, Ade and WC will work together to get that pick 4.

In my opinion 😄
There is no way a 4 way deal involving 3 non-vic clubs is getting the thumbs up.

If Doedee gets us band 2, and GC get 10 from the Dogs

Adel get: Oliver, Burgess, 34
Adel give: McAdam, 9, 20 (TD), 22, Adel F1

Melb get: 9, 10, Adel F1, McAdam
Melb give: Oliver, 34

GC get: 20, 22
GC give: 10, Burgess
If Melbourne get those picks, they are in a magic position along with their current picks to trade for pick 1.

kevin hart wtf GIF by Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud

How long have we been working on this??
How longs a piece of string?..

if the rumour oliver was pissed off about his hammy treatment by the dees doctors and fitness dept. And he reached out to Darren Burgess for assistance..

then potentially its months..

This trade will happen, it's the cost that might hurt. High performance player coming in on huge $$$. Teammates going out to accommodate. I trust that Reid is doing his 'due diligence' here. We MAY lose Pedlar. In fact i will go insofar as to say we will LOSE Pedlar.

I am not sure who has the biggest upside here.

I would rather keep Pedlar. My opinion only.
Pedlar not relevant to this. He's mainly HFF for a while, anyway. He can be phased into the midfield as Crouch/Laird are phased out.
Clarry independent of this, should we be so fortunate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you believe everything you hear, then WCE really want Curtin but are trying to get as much as they can for pick 1 and we don't rate Curtin in our top 5 but we can't say that as it would make it a lot easier for Eagles to trade with someone else.

I don't believe everything I hear. But if the above is remotely true it makes it hard for Eagles to trade 1 to someone else and have certainty about Curtin. I can't see clubs giving honest opinions or commitments on players to do or not do anything outside of direct trading with each other for the players they want.
West coast only need Curtin to come out in the media to say how close he is with family and he would get to pick 4

Looking at the timeline… Maybe, just maybe… Redman staying at The Dons wasnt really Redman‘s choice?..
maybe we went cold on Redman.. he took the hint.. and stayed at the bombers.

this all went down around the same that Oliver, if the rumours are true, was injured and has apparently reached out to Darren Burgess for help and, at the same time, probably vented his frustrations with the Demon’s club doctors/fitness staff etc to Darren..

Burgess informs the crows that Clarry aint happy and could be gettable.. so we went cold on Redman, saving us a $750k a year spend, and started putting all our focus and energy onto Oliver knowing we may be able to pry him loose..

i love this speculation s**t!
I was told that redman was all but filling his locker at AFC so they must have gone cold… maybe changed coarse for Oliver not sure. This was from one of the players parents

Yes. I was commenting on Melbourne having pick 4 leading to pick 1: that won't happen.
WC will only trade with you, I believe.

I imagine if such a phone call occurred then Burgess would not have contractually been allowed to give him advice. Possibly not even medically/fitnessy if he's not overseeing the injury.

It would have been a weird phone call. "Sorry I am not able to help you".

Wikipedia are very bullish/blokey about Oliver:
" A midfielder, 1.89 metres tall and weighing 5,687 kilograms of shredded man meat, Oliver is known for his capabilities on the inside due to his handball and clearance work."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back