Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the biggest fish in SA history.

The others have been about SA players coming home, Carey was big, but was cooked as a player.

Oliver would be some get for the Crows.
If he comes, would definitely be our biggest recruit since Jarman. And we all know how that turned out on 2 grand final days!

Where Dawson was going for starters
No they didn't. I remember the news service. They had a trade breaker on who said he was linked with Port Adelaide which went against all the other media reports. It was also a hack journalist who is well known to deliver false links. Basically says everyone is linked to Geelong, Hawthorn or Port. They never once said he was going there though. That was before he had the meetings with Adelaide and Port.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The key for me is which reporters have actually said that he is open to moving to Adelaide? I know Theo did, but did any Melbourne journos or did they just put us forward as a potential suitor? If he actually has told people that he is open to coming here then I think it is 99% he will be here.
tom morris as mentioned, mitch cleary too

No, it was either Theo or Soda who said he was going to Port
It was definitely a link story because j remember bagging them about it. It was not he is going to Port. There source merely played the odds off which of the clubs were in a stronger position to get a deal done. That was before the meetings and it went against 70% of the rumours having him favour the crows.

In this case it's a bit different because the Oliver being open to trade to the crows is outright rumourmongering. I can't see them doing that for no reason.

Listening to the AFL daily podcast.

Barrett: Pick 1 and let's call it pick 4
Gabelich: Don't think they get that

Barrett: Geelong have pick 7 and are always creative and could get it done.
Adelaide have pick 9 and cant get it done from there.
Gabelich: The team I keep hearing is Adelaide

Dammo, in peak offseason undermine AFC form already.

No they didn't. I remember the news service. They had a trade breaker on who said he was linked with Port Adelaide which went against all the other media reports. It was also a hack journalist who is well known to deliver false links. Basically says everyone is linked to Geelong, Hawthorn or Port. They never once said he was going there though. That was before he had the meetings with Adelaide and Port.

Wait so you’re telling me they had a trade breaker on who is a hack journalist and now you’re telling us because they are a news service they are reliable?

That does not compute.

Wait so you’re telling me they had a trade breaker on who is a hack journalist and now you’re telling us because they are a news service they are reliable?

That does not compute.
Only ones dealing in links for crows and port fans. That's different from what you are saying though. You said they said he is going to Port. They didn't.

Anyways not worth fighting about. Just stating. This is merely semantics because some want to run the negative narrative that it's all fake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s irrelevant what I said. You said they are a news service and are reliable. You’ve just said they put on a story from a hack.
and I explained that. They use those journalists for link stories with AFL trades. They don't use those journalists to say a player is going somewhere definitely. There is a difference here. Not sure why you got a bee in your bonnett

Listening to the AFL daily podcast.

Barrett: Pick 1 and let's call it pick 4
Gabelich: Don't think they get that

Barrett: Geelong have pick 7 and are always creative and could get it done.
Adelaide have pick 9 and cant get it done from there.
Gabelich: The team I keep hearing is Adelaide

Dammo, in peak offseason undermine AFC form already.

He is actually so embarrassing. Dude has a boner for shitting on the Crows. Has pal'd up with 2 ex-Crows on his bit and there has been a segment on something each day trying to bait them into heaping shit on the Crows. Davis exit to Giants and Jenkins take on the power stance. I can only imagine his frustration when neither (surprisingly with JJ) seemed to talk the shit Damo clearly wanted them to. Guy is the most insecure bloke going around yet somehow thinks he has a cult following.

and I explained that. They use those journalists for link stories with AFL trades. They don't use those journalists to say a player is going somewhere definitely. There is a difference here. Not sure why you got a bee in your bonnett

I’m not, you carried on and I’m merely pointing out that just because they are a news service doesn’t make them reliable, which you’ve supported with your comments about hacks.

Only ones dealing in links for crows and port fans. That's different from what you are saying though. You said they said he is going to Port. They didn't.

Anyways not worth fighting about. Just stating. This is merely semantics because some want to run the negative narrative that it's all fake.

The reason it’s relevant is that footy reporters aren’t interesting because they learn things, they are interesting because they are used by the clubs and managers to get information out to the public. If Melbourne journos are reporting that Oliver is actually open to moving here then that is because either Clarrys manager and/or MFC want it known that this will happen.

Melbourne will come out and say he's going nowhere today.
If this comes true, I'll have to sit and think whether the Oliver trade miss or the Ben Keays goal was the shittiest news at the end of the season.

And speaking of the Keays goal and potential backroom compo from the AFL, here's their chance to assist via the Doedee FA and a smooth transition of the Oliver trade.

And maybe a clean slate for Clarry if he's sitting on any past infractions (rumoured)

Dude stop .. they are a news service. Take your crap elsewhere. It's not sen or fiveaa call back.

Haha I knew this stemmed from us political view points. Come back to me with Australian facts.

I hate to break it to you, but ALL the corporate media companies are very far from “news” services. They are just stenographers. They are all owned by the same handful of companies if you follow it up the chain and they all get their talking points from the same memo. This is obvious enough to the layman by simply reading the same story in every newspaper with hardly a headline change or by watching the nightly news report to the end were they list “our partners MSNBC, CNN, Reuters, BBC…” etc. it is very well documented.

They are far from accurate. They tell you the “news” their bosses want you to think. Especially about geopolitics. Simple as that.

The only real news they provide is local. Car crashes, house fires, crime etc.

If you want the truth you have to find it yourself.

It is what it is.

But, on footy, they are 100%! Clayton Oliver, come on down!

I think if Oliver gets traded it will end up like the JHF mega trade with West Coast and potentially other clubs being involved.
Hence the silence.
There's serious backroom negotiations happening. Hope so anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back