Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many players like that crash and burn though when at the peak of their career? He is elite. Ben Cousins won premierships and brownlows as a full blown junkie. I'm sure the Collingwood premiership party wasn't only serving party pies and ribena.
Whitfield, de Goey, Dusty, Buddy all pretty handy players too.

Do you reckon Nicks would know that Clayton Oliver isn't a back pocket or would Clayton have to tell him?
Well he would start on a forward flank while Sloane, Crouch and Laird roll through for 65% CBAs

That's the second Vic journo to say we'd be a good fit for him. Is this bizarro world????

Definite glitch in the matrix.

An A grade mid linked to the Crows and Vic journalists naming us as "good fits". I'm sure the world is ending now.

Sounds fair; or can you swap future 2nd for Gollant instead?

I would. I think Gollant has missed the boat here with Tex having a late-career renaissance (+Fog/Thilthorpe being in our system) and he certainly has the talent to be a good third tall at the AFL level.

Last edited:
Honestly no issue giving up 2x1sts & McAdam.

He would be a game changer for our midfield mix & make us a top 4 threat.

And you can guarantee if we secured him, anything that had been kept under wraps whilst he was at Melbourne, would be released to all and sundry within hours of us gaining him. Nothing surer.

Rumour might have legs to this. But they have history of suggesting a star mid coming to the Crows to drive up web traffic.
Fool me once shame on me , fool me twice shame on you

Fool me a 3rd time I'm a Crows fan listening to SEN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dees want to get rid of Oliver, surely the deal would need to be good, but not over the top.

Do they want to keep a player on their list if he’s at odds with the club? It could hurt them more to keep him than to trade him out.

Two firsts + McAdam?
2024 First, x2 2023 2nds + McAdam?

A change of club certainly helped Crouch and Stengle.

IMO if we don’t enter the race for him, we know enough to steer clear…. Just saying.

If Dees want to get rid of Oliver, surely the deal would need to be good, but not over the top.

Do they want to keep a player on their list if he’s at odds with the club? It could hurt them more to keep him than to trade him out.

Two firsts + McAdam?
2024 First, x2 2023 2nds + McAdam?

A change of club certainly helped Crouch and Stengle.

IMO if we don’t enter the race for him, we know enough to steer clear…. Just saying.
Pick 1 (Harley Reid) to the Dees would have to be involved somewhere IMO.

Pick 1 (Harley Reid) to the Dees would have to be involved somewhere IMO.
Ok, for fun lets do the exercise and see if we can come up with that outcome for all 3 teams.

CROWS IN: Clayton Oliver
CROWS OUT: Pick 9, F1, Pick 24, Shane McAdam

MELB IN: Pick 1, Pick 24, Shane McAdam
MELB OUT: Pick 5, Pick 13, Clayton Oliver

WC IN: Pick 5, Pick 9, Pick 13, Adelaide F1
WC OUT: Pick 1

I look forward to members of every fanbase telling me how wrong this is!

If the Crows were a chance to land Oliver, the only way it would happen is giving up two 1sts at least which would then help Melbourne land Reid, via Pick 1 from the Eagles. So in many ways its all about the Eagles and if it satisfies them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back