Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sources have clarified that this year’s free agency compensation will be based on lining up contracts with salaries based on 2023 wages before the 15 per cent pay rise for players for 2023 and 2024.

If the compensation was based on contracts for 2024, the Dons might have had to pay McKay an extra 15 per cent to hit the first-round trigger.

What a ******* joke. How can they use 2023 salaries when (1) there IS a 15% increase coming next year and (2) surely its the contract offered by the acquiring club NEXT year not what his salary was this year

Perhaps I have got this wrong but without reading all posts this just further cements what a complete joke and farce this competition and head body really is. Even Gary Lyon said this morning that FA compo was a contrived or manipulated outcome

Tom Morris on same show also said Crows would be one of 3 clubs named that would be interested in Oliver along with Saints and Dons as we have more than adequate $ to cover his 1m/year contract (which Lyon said in summary not that likely to happen)
It does make you wonder why we even bother watching this contrived Victoria based reality show really. If you look at the penalties like the Tippett sanctions for the most minor infringements affecting the draft, while the AFL can just manufacture pick 3 for a spud like Mackay that totally changes the whole order and integrity of the draft.

For what it would take to get him both draft collateral wise and the 7 year salary we would have to take over you would want to be absolutely certain the issues he's dealing with currently are not going to be ongoing. This would set us back similar to the Tippett sanctions and then some if he did crash and burn.

Sure we’d prefer another top midfielder to drop into our lap - a cleaner, nicer, younger option without the self-tattooing history. Maybe someone that did work with the orphans…

Like Dusty or De Goey or Cousins or Swan.

If he plays two years for us… it might be the difference.

I’m in the “take your best shot” camp.

Yeah. I don't agree it would.
If Melbourne want him gone, 2 firsts, McAdam and more pick collatoral if required would be it.
Get our hands on 4.

4, 9, McAdam, F1 or F2 for Oliver and F3 or F4 pending which one of our futures go.

Maybe the Dees are angling to get Harley Reid who shapes as the next big thing who carries no baggage at this point in time. Would make sense if they are now having buyer remorse over the 7 year $7 mill contract

Sure we’d prefer another top midfielder to drop into our lap - a cleaner, nicer, younger option without the self-tattooing history. Maybe someone that did work with the orphans…

Like Dusty or De Goey or Cousins or Swan.

If he plays two years for us… it might be the difference.

I’m in the “take your best shot” camp.

Bit over the top for your usual posting style..

LOL. Just making up s**t as they go. Need to just be rid of free agency compensation completely, if you can match an offer to force a trade and refuse to then that's your chance to get compensation. You turned it down, enjoy the cap space as your reward.

Age has always been one of the 2 factors in determining compo band. Getting rid of compo can’t happen because it’ll result in more matching which is contrary to its reason for existence.

Bit over the top for your usual posting style..

lol … didn’t know I had a style!

I really like Oliver as a player.

Dane Swan was one of my all time favourites.

I guess I’m not that interested in the choir boy angle when it comes to assessing football players and the risks they present to the club.

I just wanna see another premiership.

You know the biggest decision that backfired on us and set us back recently?

McAsey.

He was from a good family etc etc …

Everything is a risk.

Maybe the Dees are angling to get Harley Reid who shapes as the next big thing who carries no baggage at this point in time. Would make sense if they are now having buyer remorse over the 7 year $7 mill contract
Maybe the Dees are simply using the media, to send Oliver a message ....."pull your head in son"

Clubs have used the media for these type situations for decades .....nothing new, but obviously a serious concern in-house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We took the “whatever it takes” approach for a spud from Carlton with zero achievements in life and far worse off field problems than what Oliver is rumored to have.

So I’m good with it.
The huge silver lining of getting a genuine A grade forward running midfielder like to Oliver to complement Dawson would be the improvement it would generate from Tillthorpe and Fog. Any forward having those 2 mids bursting from stoppages and hitting you lace out just makes life so much easier.

Maybe the Dees are simply using the media, to send Oliver a message ....."pull your head in son"

Clubs have used the media for these type situations for decades .....nothing new, but obviously a serious concern in-house
Maybe.
It would also be a surefire way to land pick 1 and Harley Reid.

Those sort of threats by a club would be dealt with in house face to face, and if there is friction either party would say to the other, do it then

Sounds fair; or can you swap future 2nd for Gollant instead?
To keep points for Welsh next year I guess we can do that.

Problem with that is getting our hands on 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back