Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys forget this Oliver hogwash, there’s a bigger story this off season….

AFL star Taylor 'Tex' Walker rumoured to star on Home and Away: 'He's going to be Irene's toy boy'​

How does the club get this done? What does Walker need to do to land Irene? Surely will need to pay overs. Is Shane Mcadam involved at all?

Attachments

• IMG_2920.jpeg
    IMG_2920.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 70
It does

Second strike 4 week ban made public.

Third strike 12 week ban.

The 12 weeks Oliver was rumoured to be the strike. But if it was, it would be public knowledge.

So definitely hamstring/injury related. 12 weeks out with hamstring is ridiculous.

So yeah, this really looks like Oliver having issues with Melbourne's injury prevention and management. And wanting to come and work with someone he trusts, Burgess, who works for us.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually, that's right about the second strike. I misread this article a few weeks ago:

There is now a suggestion he (CO) might be involved in the Ollie Wines trade to Geelong, and heading to port...🤮.

Surly not!

So Geelong will trade Pick 7 for Wines and Port then on-trade it for Oliver?

Why on earth would Geelong do that when they can just trade Pick 7 for Oliver and get a vasty superior player than Wines?

Sounds like nothing more than #portlogic to me.

I think thats why it will be likea three way deal involving us, Dees and the Eagles.

If the Eagles accept our 2023 1st, 2024 1st and Melbourne's 2023 1st for Pick 1, Oliver will be in tri colours.
But they won't, will they? Leading with pick 9 is a non-starter. At the very least, it will have to be pick 4, so it would need to be a 4-way, including GC.

So Geelong will trade Pick 7 for Wines and Port then on-trade it for Oliver?

Why on earth would Geelong do that when they can just trade Pick 7 for Oliver and get a vasty superior player than Wines?

Sounds like nothing more than #portlogic to me.
I was waiting for the inevitable bogan logic to rear its ugly head.

Im surprised they didnt say Duursma for Oliver is a trade option.

I'm not sure who was the executive who looked at Adam Cooney and said "let's employ this guy to think".

Seems supremely out of adams wheelhouse
Morons like Adam Cooney
Morons listen to him.

If you cater to the lowest common denominator you do well in tabloid media.

But they won't, will they? Leading with pick 9 is a non-starter. At the very least, it will have to be pick 4, so it would need to be a 4-way, including GC.
Melbourne have pick 5. If WC are 100% sure that Curtin will be there at 5, then they absolutely would look at say 5, 9 and F1 for pick 1. Why wouldn’t they?

Actually, that's right about the second strike. I misread this article a few weeks ago:

Yeah the entire rumour Oliver was serving a 12 week ban is a fabrication.

Media shut it down at the time

But now they are hinting at off field issues.

This really just looks like a case of a player not trusting his club to have the expertise in injury management through his own experience. Either wants out, or using this threat to get better people in.

it honestly feels like theres way too much smoke around for this clarry rumour to be just a rumour
Definately not just a rumor, Melbourne had a special board meeting last night to discuss. that doesn’t happen because of a rumor.

The key for me is which reporters have actually said that he is open to moving to Adelaide? I know Theo did, but did any Melbourne journos or did they just put us forward as a potential suitor? If he actually has told people that he is open to coming here then I think it is 99% he will be here.

Definately not just a rumor, Melbourne had a special board meeting last night to discuss. that doesn’t happen because of a rumor.

The key for me is which reporters have actually said that he is open to moving to Adelaide? I know Theo did, but did any Melbourne journos or did they just put us forward as a potential suitor? If he actually has told people that he is open to coming here then I think it is 99% he will be here.
Tom Morris .. who is also a Melbourne supporter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have pick 5. If WC are 100% sure that Curtin will be there at 5, then they absolutely would look at say 5, 9 and F1 for pick 1. Why wouldn’t they?
I think if Oliver gets traded it will end up like the JHF mega trade with West Coast and potentially other clubs being involved.

I think if Oliver gets traded it will end up like the JHF mega trade with West Coast and potentially other clubs being involved.
This was the JHF deal which also involved Junior, it forms a baseline of what may happen.

MEGA DEAL DETAILS

NORTH MELBOURNE
Trade out:
Jason Horne-Francis, pick No.1, 2023 third-round pick (tied to Fremantle)
Trade in: Picks No.2, 3, 40, 43, 2023 future first-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide)

PORT ADELAIDE
Trade out:
Picks No.8, 43, 53, 57, 2023 first-round pick, 2023 second-round pick, 2023 third-round pick
Trade in: Jason Horne-Francis, Junior Rioli, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Collingwood), 2023 future third-round pick (tied to Fremantle)

WEST COAST
Trade out:
Junior Rioli, picks No.2, 40
Trade in: Picks No.8, 12, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide), 2023 third-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Trade out:
Picks No.3, 12, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Collingwood)
Trade in: Pick No.1, 53, 57

7 news don't rumourmonger as they are news service. They would have corroborated it with several sources. They have a reputation for reporting facts they want to uphold. If they get in the business of rumour that kills everything and hurts ratings.

If it was an uncorroborated story they would have simply said Adelaide has been linked with Oliver through his past relationship with Burgess.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think so, I reckon our trade will be seperate with Melbourne. If Oliver is on the way out, it can’t be contingent on them getting pick 1, that’s too much of a benchmark to set for the trade.

Yeah the entire rumour Oliver was serving a 12 week ban is a fabrication.

Media shut it down at the time

But now they are hinting at off field issues.

This really just looks like a case of a player not trusting his club to have the expertise in injury management through his own experience. Either wants out, or using this threat to get better people in.

That, and let's be real about some of the drug rumours ...

To be honest, I couldn't give two craps if he likes a bag of carb-free fun. Just deliver, which he ALWAYS has done. A bit of chaotic energy could be good for us.

Maybe. Melbourne may be happy with what we offer on our own. The only way they include a 3rd party would be so that they are ensured pick 1 in the deal.

But damage maybe done that they don't want to hang onto Oliver and may not want to hang their hat on wasting a whole trade period on waiting for a 3rd party only to end up having the crows walk away.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back