List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:

The AFL will just do some horse trading.

Here North, take this compensation pick and pass it onto WC with your pick 2.

Everyone is a winner. AFL assist WC through the back door and North get the talented VIC kid.
Yep... Sanders as draft assistance and we'll give you pick 11 next year but you have to trade it with pick 2 for Reid.

Imagine if we got band 1 compo for McKay, which is pick 3.

We then trade pick 2 and port's first rounder for pick 1.

And knowing that West Coast don't want Reid, we take Curtin at 1 and Reid at 3.

Roughly/Franklin all over again.

Or we just Reid and someone else like Mac duurs or wizard and keep ports pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would have had to be blatant.

We’d have been fined.

Any assistance would have gone to zero.

Winning leaves assistance on the table, we don’t get fined. It legitimises all our losses, if we were tanking surely we tank the most important game to tank.

It also means we didn’t sell our soul for a pick.

Cards will fall where they may now.

The future is still a bright one.

Don't worry about doing it just to avoid a fine... just the look on their faces yest showed what it means to them... spring in the step now during off ssn then ready to hit track hard on Nov for big pre season... and great showcase to any prospective trades too

Might be better if Ralphy files his story before having a liquid lunch:

Brockman has played 15 games this year as an exciting small forward but was dropped last week.

His likely landing spot is West Coast given Fremantle has plenty of medium and small forwards including Sam Switkowski, Michael Frederick, Lachie Schulz and Sam Sturt.

A recent dinner with Eagles forward Liam Henry in Melbourne made him realise how much he was missing playing in a city close to his family.

HENRY TO MAKE CALL AT SEASON’S END

FREMANTLE’S Liam Henry will make a decision on his future in the days after the round 24 clash against Hawthorn, with every sign pointing to him asking for a trade to a Victorian club.

The Herald Sun revealed in March that Henry was likely Victoria-bound, with the No.9 draft pick putting off all talks with the Dockers and rival clubs until season’s end.

For somebody making a living out of being a journalist that is seriously embarrassing.

The strategy of West Coast taking Curtin is an interesting one. West Coast would have pretty good data on the premium they end up paying good Melbourne kids at their second or third contact.

They'd probably be saving $200-250k a season if Gaff was from WA, before discussing how far he's regressed form wise.

It's also not cheap to get proven WA talent home (e.g. Kelly or Jackson), so there isn't a huge advantage in the long game.

Not sure if AFL recruiters are this salary cap focused/advanced in their analysis yet though.
Personally, I think Kelly is the big issue here.
WCE had the opportunity to get him, assumed he would last to their pick, Gee got him instead and it cost them massively to get him home (2x Firsts and a second). That would be playing in their head if they identified Curtin as even on par with Reid. The WA Football media will pump up Curtin (rightly or wrongly) with Pav comparisons in many WCE supporters minds but mostly they cannot deny Mids is their weakness.
I’d be shocked if they don’t choose Reid just IMO, as the flip side is if he does want a trade, they would have a few options to trade with opposed to a Curtin just wanting one of Freo/WCE.

Given their position in the state too, they sell the non football earning better than almost any side too.. we joke about the HJs Franchises but there isn’t a current (gun) player without a substantial business empire. Harley Reid may be sold on the lifestyle here and particularly guys like Shuey and Hurn having come from regional interstate areas and made lives here.

WCE had the opportunity to get him, assumed he would last to their pick, Gee got him instead and it cost them massively to get him home (2x Firsts and a second). That would be playing in their head if they identified Curtin as even on par with Reid. The WA Football media will pump up Curtin (rightly or wrongly) with Pav comparisons in many WCE supporters minds but mostly they cannot deny Mids is their weakness.
I’d be shocked if they don’t choose Reid just IMO, as the flip side is if he does want a trade, they would have a few options to trade with opposed to a Curtin just wanting one of Freo/WCE.

Given their position in the state too, they sell the non football earning better than almost any side too.. we joke about the HJs Franchises but there isn’t a current (gun) player without a substantial business empire. Harley Reid may be sold on the lifestyle here and particularly guys like Shuey and Hurn having come from regional interstate areas and made lives here.

Pardon the intrusion, but I think I disagree the first part.

Ironically, WA media has been rather quiet on Curtin. It’s the Victorian media that are hyping him up as a viable alternative to Reid if West Coast were to explore trading down.

My view is Curtin made a lot more sense when we thought Barrass was leaving.

You’re correct that West Coast need to replenish their midfield, and do it quickly. In that sense, Reid is the better fit list wise for West Coast.

It will be interesting to see what West Ocast choose to prioritise, I would say historically, West Coast would back themselves to take the player they want (Reid) and to retain him. Does that change given they’re in worse shape as a club than they have ever been (I’m not sure, but my gut says it doesn’t change) and how much they rate Curtin.

While all the talk is about what a trade between WC and NM might look like. There’s a strong argument that both clubs should keep their natural draft position and take the players at those picks (Reid and Curtin) as they compliment the respective clubs greatest need.

A fun few months ahead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the intrusion, but I think I disagree the first part.

Ironically, WA media has been rather quiet on Curtin. It’s the Victorian media that are hyping him up as a viable alternative to Reid if West Coast were to explore trading down.

My view is Curtin made a lot more sense when we thought Barrass was leaving.
Will expect them to hype him up, they haven’t interviewed him yet (which they will now the regular season is over) and given both your side and Freo aren’t playing finals, they have space to fill with these things
Duffield will have more than a few pages to fill with options and 6PR needs airtime for Tweedledee and Tweedledum

It will be interesting to see what West Ocast choose to prioritise, I would say historically, West Coast would back themselves to take the player they want (Reid) and to retain him. Does that change given they’re in worse shape as a club than they have ever been (I’m not sure, but my gut says it doesn’t change) and how much they rate Curtin.

This is one thing you have done very well, Gehrig or White would have been the only other main time you’ve lose a player at peak to return home

That was my first pick-trading attempt.

And will be my last.

Sad Cartman GIF by South Park

WCE would be silly not to draft Curtin.. they might try and fish an extra pick out of us in exchange for #1 but I don't see how theres any way they dont take their local boy who is near on par with reid....

Is he near on par with Reid? I don't think he'd be considered a clear top two if West Coast didn't have one of the picks. He's definitely in the top 5-6 after Reid but he hasn't separated himself from them.

Suspect all the recent PR about him is the Eagles conditioning their supporters for when they take him.

If Brady thinks they want curtin but put out smoke signals they want Reid, it might become a high stakes blinking contest.

They’ll want to split their pick with us. Does Brady hood the ground or give up something?

giphy.gif

We’re going to need Reid to chuck and even bigger tantrum than mummy’s boy to make this happen.

Forget ice baths. I’m talking no showers until the day after draft night.

Forget dummy spits with Goldie. I’m talking public verbal wars and some of that Silvagni finger pointing with simmo outside one of his HJ’s stores.

Forget liking a post about being traded to Port, I’m talking liking posts about anti-mining and even pro-vegetarian anti-beef industry.

We’re going to need Reid to chuck and even bigger tantrum than mummy’s boy to make this happen.

Forget dummy spits with Goldie. I’m talking public verbal wars and some of that Silvagni finger pointing with simmo outside one of his HJ’s stores.

Forget liking a post about being traded to Port, I’m talking liking posts about anti-mining and even pro-vegetarian anti-beef industry.
Time for Reid to join this mob and start wearing their t-shirt IMG_3596.png

Harley Reid: “The burgers are better at Maccas”.

D.Stephens with 17 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements, 391MG and 82% DE vs Dees.
Also
  • highest total distance covered of any player for either team (16km)
  • highest distance covered at high speed of any player
  • Fastest average speed of any player
  • highest work rate in attack of any player (ave 9.8km/h)

Disagree, if Reid wants to return he will nominate a club. Can't remember the last time a player was open to being traded to more than one club.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back