Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast have an academy player called Jed Walter coming through. KPF rated in top 5. Could see them trading out their first this year into next, if we feel bold enough. Reckon they end up with Pick 8 or 9.

2x early picks (e.g. Duursma/Watson), McCabe, then Maginness/Dear later.
That’s where we need to get to ideally without giving up our 2024 1st. Only way I can see that with suns is to acquire another early second and trade them our 2 seconds and something else maybe 2024 r2. Or take fiorini and pick 8 for a signed portrait of Patrick Dangerfield (I believe that’s the going rate)…

Suns look in for a tough year. Maybe this is the year we can pinch a talent?
I’d be targeting someone like Joel Jeffrey particularly if suns have a top 5 tall coming in and them persisting with lukousis as a fwd. Think contracted for 2024 and needs some more size but a huge talent.

Hypothetically would you trade pick 1 (Harley) if we ended up with the spoon? Some tempting big offers would come in
For 2x top 5 picks maybe… otherwise no, just take the best kid and move on.

But I wouldn’t get your heart set on Pick 1 just yet. We all thought JHF was in the bag and then we knocked off 3 finals bound sides on the run home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetically would you trade pick 1 (Harley) if we ended up with the spoon? Some tempting big offers would come in
Yes. Would take pick 2 and 3. No question. Similar to North last year. The club would be negligible if they didn't.

Eg: Duursma & Moir is a better outcome than Reid. The top end talent on offer in this draft is exceptional.

For 2x top 5 picks maybe… otherwise no, just take the best kid and move on.

But I wouldn’t get your heart set on Pick 1 just yet. We all thought JHF was in the bag and then we knocked off 3 finals bound sides on the run home.
We were on track for the Sheez too before putting in a string of late wins.

Yes. Would take pick 2 and 3. No question. Similar to North last year. The club would be negligible if they didn't.

Eg: Duursma & Moir is a better outcome than Reid. The top end talent on offer in this draft is exceptional.
Personally I don’t think it is that straightforward. Balance of probabilities sure but Harley Reid is an out and out star. From the little I have seen the others are high talents no question but I’m torn on that choice. Anyway could be a moot point we may not finish last, who would have the draft capital to suffice etc.

Personally I don’t think it is that straightforward. Balance of probabilities sure but Harley Reid is an out and out star. From the little I have seen the others are high talents no question but I’m torn on that choice. Anyway could be a moot point we may not finish last, who would have the draft capital to suffice etc.
It’s fair to say we’re a fair chance to end up with a pretty high draft pick and access some exceptional talent. If it's not pick 1, it’ll be a top 5 pick. We’re firm favorites for pick 1.

It’s fair to say we’re a fair chance to end up with a pretty high draft pick and access some exceptional talent. If it's not pick 1, it’ll be a top 5 pick. We’re firm favorites for pick 1.
Based on yesterday we need a few so maybe we need pick 1 after all. Perhaps we could trade pick 1 for 2 and 5 and get the suns pick 7. I recall having those 3 picks many moons ago worked out alright for us…

Naughton, Ugle-Hagan, English and Smith out of contract at the end of 2024 for the dogs.

I would like to see us throw some $$$ particularly at Naughton.

I believe both JUH and Smith will be RFA, and English seems unlikely to leave at this stage.

North didn’t really do that though. It was pick 1 + Horne for 2,3 and ports future first. Hard to decipher what the value of pick 1 is there but at best it’s probably more like pick 2 and a future first (around pick 10-12)

Naughton, Ugle-Hagan, English and Smith out of contract at the end of 2024 for the dogs.

I believe both JUH and Smith will be RFA, and English seems unlikely to leave at this stage.
Lobb, Naughton, Darcy, JUH is some pretty expensive tall timber to keep,

Not sure it’s as simple as just throwing money at them. Dogs would then ask for two first rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back