Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as pure talent goes, after Harley
It's Curtin then Colby. But , let's see if clubs including ours, just draft for needs instead.
I don't think we can draft McKercher. Looking at the players on our list pushing for inside midfield time:
Day, Nash, Worpel, Newcombe, Ward, Mackenzie, Macdonald, Hustwaite, O'Sullivan, Stephens, Long.
It's just plain wasteful to take Colby. If Duursma is not available, then it's Curtin or Watson for me.

Or we trade up for pick 1, that also works. Which, by the way, I think is still a shot to happen. North's first offer makes me think they are happier hanging on to 2&3.

I’d be more than happy with McKercher.
If we didn’t have such a great year with the mids this year I’d agree. But i think he’ll be a few years away from dislodging or going past any of Day, Newc, Worps*, Ward, McKenzie, Nash. Then you’ve got guys like Hustwaite who is looking really classy as well.

Don’t doubt Colby won’t be a star, it’s just we won’t get much value for him for some time. Whereas we’re just desperate for forward half xfactor which other prospects offer and can play from the beginning.

Have twins and want to be closer to family?

To answer seriously: go home factor is bigger than it ever was, because it's going to get easier and easier for players to move. Mid season trade period, lowering of FA age, contracts routinely torn up. And the media acts like it's a Jane Austen novel, "Any player in possession of interstate family connections must be in want of a trade".

I'd be happy if we drafted Curtin, but we've seen with DGB that every year his name will get dragged into trade conversations.
Breust name has come up for the last 8 years. Doesn’t mean he wants to leave

They don't have anything.
Traded Future First to GC, can't trade future second and their first pick following 5 is 39.
My biggest fear is that the club is considering doing the deal you mentioned above (Pick 4 + F1 --> (WB) Pick 5 + Smith). Don't get me wrong I want Smith but not at the expense of drafting one of Watson / Duursma / McKercher. Curiously asking without me having to go looking on the Dogs forum what are they expecting for Smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne and Dogs both want Watson (if Dees can’t get Reid). We should be open to splitting our pick now that the AFL has pushed us back. Apparently Dees want to get ahead of Dogs.

That should give us some leverage to deal with Dogs (for Smith) or Dees (for a package with 6 and 13).

So....HS reporting that Hawthorn is rejecting its own offer for Chol in an ungracious manner?!?!?!

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

When GC has to have enough list spots for all their draft picks, I wonder if someone we can sign gets shaken loose as they free up spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back