Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the next Jack Gunston?
I had never heard of Jack Gunston when we traded for him.
MM is surely scouring lists for the next one.
He has my full confidence atm.
Shrewd operators.

Here we go...
The more I think about it the more I think Maric has to be part of the Brockman trade. I have a feeling he's going to explode in the next two years. Exactly what we need. It would be fitting for the romantics out there give we pinched Brocky from under their noses and they pinched Maric from under ours.

I actually think Brockman for Maric is a pretty even swap.

Jon Ralph reporting we have offered kozi a contract. Must be a sign off not being able to land kpf targets this trade period.
I don't think it is related, even if we were to land one it makes sense to keep Kozi. Ideally he is not best 22 but as depth he is okay. So whether we land someone or not i am okay with keeping him around a year.

Shrewd operators.

Here we go...

Maybe in terms of talent but he is one of very few young talented players on that list, he is contracted. They are not trading him when they can get Brockman very easily without including him.

Shrewd operators.

Here we go...

We probably thought we overpaid slightly for gunners. Not with hindsight though.

We have no interest in trading our pick 3 or 2024 first rounder so no way a trade could be done anyway. But he has committed to the Gold Coast for an extra two seasons to take him to free agency at the end of 2026.
Wouldn't pick 3 get soaked up by an early Walter bid? We simply couldn't get the trade done even if King wanted to come across.

This is a good shout. I rate him, he's stuck behind some handy talls at the crows and can't get a proper crack.
He's super athletic, can play high and low. This would be a very shrewd pick up if available.

Would love to know his contract status
Hopefully MM is looking into it stuck behind some quality forwards at Crows, and wouldn’t attract high draft pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this could be conjecture, but surely we are full up of role players and need cream, match winners.

Not happy we want to pay heavily for the former instead of the letter.

It’s mildly disturbing. I never thought we should not recruit matures who fit though. Recruit best available

Some of these names don’t even seem to be an upgrade on frosty.
I don't think you can put a name in a slot and say there we go role player filled. Role players still have to be really really good at that role. And the team has to be set before you go for the cream - the jelly's just gone into the fridge buddy. And while it's showing alot of promise it's still watery and needs time to get to a nice firm wobble. Then you can get the cream

Hollands from suns is playing in vfl against box hill today - interesting to see how he looks vs our guys.
Headed to Carlton if anywhere

Shrewd operators.

Here we go...

This.

Shrewd operators.

No idea who Will Day was when his name was read out. Worked out pretty well, even without my involvement. ;)

I can only imagine how hard the team under MM are scouring the lists to pick up a hidden solution to our KPP and forwards need. I have faith, love all the chats on BF but, would be pretty surprised we come up empty handed at the end of trade week. Sammy has a keen eye too.

If we're desperate for a partner for Mitch Lewis, and keep missing other targets, I'd like Chol.

Seems amiss up at Suns. Not a superstar, but could help out our forward line
I said that and got pelters.

In Hawthorns forward line. with the delivery from the improving mids he should beat last years tally of 44 goals easily.

To the doubters - how many extra games will a 40 - 50 goal Fwd / ruck win you

The answer has to ge a couple surely.
It's all about wether SM reckons he can get him fit and keep him motivated.

He's only on $400,000 per year, so not damaging to the budget either.

It really is a low-risk, high reward play here guys!

In Hawthorns forward line. with the delivery from the improving mids he should beat last years tally of 44 goals easily.

I would do pick 29 for Chol+56+65+68

and will hold fire till end of Suns VFL to assess his skills/attitude etc

One of these late picks I will then offload for deal on Kozi to help us land a higher pick( say from Tigers)

Ideally will do package deal for F1+29 for 4+Chol+late picks

or if Suns are trading 4 for 10+17+extra from Dogs

then

CJ+29 for 10+Chol+late picks

How about you keep Chol and we’ll take King??

Why would we give the suns 29?

Hardwick dislikes the guy, his known to be lazy and you want the cash free.

A late pick maybe, but no more!

How about you keep Chol and we’ll take King??

You've tried this year - it's all now riding on next year - if Hardwick gets us into finals - King stays.

Another crap year - all bets are off.

I'd imagine that applies to more players than Ben King as well.

We have some high quality players - but there comes a time when the realisation dawns that Dave Swallow and Steven May will both retire with a full bank balance.

But only one has a premiership medallion.

Those good players are already on brilliant contracts - I'd imagine very strongly, that another year of complete failure would have a few considering their futures.

It's all on Hardwick really. If he gets it right - nobody is leaving by choice.

As for Chol - he is 100% available, cheap and fills a need.

200cm 40+ goals a year forwards don't magically appear for trade every week - and he's only 26 to boot.

If Mitchell gets him 100% committed - he could easily kick 50+

He fills your forward need perfectly until you draft one.

Mind you, after last night, Melbourne would be looking hard as well, you'd think....;)

Should we be going for role players or have a few swings at high upside types? Ie highly talented juniors that have had injury issues etc. Sinn/hollands. Most likely end up busts but is it a better punt than chol types? Back in burge to get them right etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back