Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me Balta as a free agent over Barass who will cost our first pick at a minimum every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Balta is an athletic bull who could play for the next eight years. Barrass will cost plenty and turns 30 next year ..

And we haven’t snagged a marquee free agent since Frawley - so let’s get what we can. If Balta ends up as a bidding war we will lose like we do every single time in free agency. If Barrass says he wants in and we can get it on good terms then pull the trigger.

Balta is NOT available in the open market this off season yet here we are,, pages and pages of posters thinking that balta is getteble and not only that, that the Hawks are the ONLY club who has the God given right to anyone available!!!!
İt's Battle and Barras, let's concentrate on those shall we?

Richmond are about to do a rebuild, if we offered our first to them for Balta would they take it, we won’t know if we don’t even ask, I want them to at least ask.

And we haven’t snagged a marquee free agent since Frawley - so let’s get what we can. If Balta ends up as a bidding war we will lose like we do every single time in free agency. If Barrass says he wants in and we can get it on good terms then pull the trigger.
Amon.

I like Amon, I’m glad we got him but he wasn’t the kind of hotly in demand FA that year and certainly wouldn’t elicit the kind of feeding frenzy Balta would.

By marquee I mean the Buddy/Lynch/Dusty type of FA. Frawley even might not be at that level but he had us and Geelong pursuing him at the time so that was fairly hotly contested.

Richmond are about to do a rebuild, if we offered our first to them for Balta would they take it, we won’t know if we don’t even ask, I want them to at least ask.
They won't need more picks.

Rioli and Bolton want out . They will get multiple first round picks for these players .
GC will happily give up for Rioli , Freo for Bolton .
Both have plenty of draft collateral to give .

Tigers will have 5 high picks and absolutely no need to move on there best KP player for the sake of it.

It would be crazy for tigers to let Balta go given how long KP take to develop. Whilst Rioli baker Bolton are very good players if you can get 5 top 30 picks in a deep draft when you have limited talent you do it but you also resign your key pillars in the mid 20s. He’s a pipe dream. I was impressed with Scaife yesterday for someone who’s 19 and just joined he’s got something. Still bullish on ramsden and we have Lewis maybe it’s KPD and wing we need to focus on. Sounding like Barrass will get to us and battle who knows.

I like Amon, I’m glad we got him but he wasn’t the kind of hotly in demand FA that year and certainly wouldn’t elicit the kind of feeding frenzy Balta would.

By marquee I mean the Buddy/Lynch/Dusty type of FA. Frawley even might not be at that level but he had us and Geelong pursuing him at the time so that was fairly hotly contested.
He was the best FA available that year.

And we've already signed up the 2 best free agents for this year (Hardwick and Nash) and looking good for the 3rd best (Battle).

I think they also, but if we don’t ask?

Say Geelong offer there first and they accept and we didn’t ask and we went for Barrass because we didn’t ask the question, because we thought they wouldn’t let him leave.

I reckon they would ask for more than our first.

I haven’t really watched Balta TBH so hard to be sure of his worth for me.

I still think Bailey Smith would be a good get for us as well.

I think they also, but if we don’t ask?

Say Geelong offer there first and they accept and we didn’t ask and we went for Barrass because we didn’t ask the question, because we thought they wouldn’t let him leave.

We’ve employed Roughy with one of his primary roles being Talent acquisition from other clubs. As part of his job I’m sure every potential player available would have been assessed!

He was the best FA available that year.

And we've already signed up the 2 best free agents for this year (Hardwick and Nash) and looking good for the 3rd best (Battle).

None of that changes what I said. Marquee free agents + bidding war = disappointed Hawthorn supporters. Chasing the Balta hopium for the next 13 months will lead to one hell of a come down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta is NOT available in the open market this off season yet here we are,, pages and pages of posters thinking that balta is getteble and not only that, that the Hawks are the ONLY club who has the God given right to anyone available!!!!
İt's Battle and Barras, let's concentrate on those shall we?

Ah the old ‘spitballing’ v ‘likely’ re threads always did my head in. However this on clearly says ‘hypothetical’ and free agents next year is probably relevant

I mean I don't blame u for this simplistic view but usually there is a whisper or talk about players wanting to move or go.

Only then would u get a situation like Barrass where we have a chance Of getting a player of his calibre.

Otherwise we have cultivate a relationship over 12 to 18 months to pry someone out of a club like we have with battle. It's not a coincidence most of these moves have been planned and have taken time to come to fruition.

I mean there are plenty of list managers and so many players trade free agents and young guns. As a list agent you don't want to be wasting you're time

Give me Balta as a free agent over Barass who will cost our first pick at a minimum every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Balta is an athletic bull who could play for the next eight years. Barrass will cost plenty and turns 30 next year ..

But he isnt a FA until next year right?

So we should give Barrass a pass, right as the team is looking really exciting in the off chance that in 14 months time, we might lure a guy who is an inferior player and has not even been linked to the club?

Righto.

This has very little to do with what I said. Obviously Balta is a more appealing option due to his age and FA status next year.

I just said I think Barass is a better player but we hear less about him cos of Melbourne (or even just big club) centric media

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back