Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveat. We get suns pick 4. Do you want pick 3 for 6/12?
I was the one poster ( a couple of others now agree) gws overpaid to trade up last year. Didn't need pick 1 to get Cadman, should have selected Humphrey with 3 or maybe traded 3,15 for 2,20 with West Coast.
I think but don't know that Kingsley is not as in favour of trading up as McCartney was , also I think but don't know that GWS success on field means Kingsleys opinions on trading up or not will hold more sway this year.

Apologies - Aw fair enough.

I would consider Chol low risk, Low cost. If you’re willing for it to be a late pick I’d consider it.

You may get more value from port whom is meant to be interest and seeking some depth for there finals runs.
Pick 29 for Chol+56+65+68 frates him at Pick 48 in points.

those 3 picks will also gain 100+ points each as they move up after the 4 bid matches. Works for both teams.

Obviously if we can persuade Suns to take 48 for Chol+65+68, I would jump at that too. We are taking his 2 yr contract off their books, so they may be keen to clear 400K per yr

Caveat. We get suns pick 4. Do you want pick 3 for 6/12?

That would be brilliant provided North don't get pick three. In which case pick four would effectively become pick six, and so forth.

We really need Duursma or Watson. If we could pinch Caddy at 6 (8) then we could take a swing on anyone at 12 (14).

Jeremy Finlayson??

Good for us.

Get a strong coffee in ya Sleepy Mark and give the Suns a call.
I'd think the oppsosite, Roos can now offer picks 11 and 16 to the suns for pick 5 and inform them they won't bid on any of the academy players.

Instead of a bid coming at 2 for Walter if it comes at pick 4 it saves them over 500 points.

Gives them picks 2, 3 and 5 and perhaps the upper hand on us that they can select whoever they think we'd take at pick 4 with pick 3 eg if they think we wouldn't take Curtin they could end up with him at pick 5 and take Duursma at 3 if they originally would've taken Curtin at 3 before completing this trade.

Jeremy Finlayson??

The poor guys a wreck with all the stuff with his missus.

Hope it all works out for both of them ,but you have to fear the worst.

Port have been super supportive apparently, so I can't see him leaving - not sure if he will play again tbh.

Been through it all myself - the long term effects of the trauma cannot be overstated.

I know what he's going through, and I really feel for him and Kellie.

F**king brutal disease - and she's only 25 FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be brilliant provided North don't get pick three. In which case pick four would effectively become pick six, and so forth.

We really need Duursma or Watson. If we could pinch Caddy at 6 (8) then we could take a swing on anyone at 12 (14).
It really makes no difference to Hawthorn as the Gold Coast academy boys arent in the open field anyway. So while the number is 6-7 they are still just player 4 in the open draft (providing North get pick 3)

If Gold Coast got inside Hawthorn like North splitting pick 2 with them then it’s a bad outcome as they would get one of the top 4 guys on top of a match and we haven’t heard anything of that.

The other side of it is that it pushes their pick out which lowers the salary of the player coming in and it might mean all their later picks actually come in if anything (prior to a McCabe bid)

It really makes no difference to Hawthorn as the Gold Coast academy boys arent in the open field anyway. So while the number is 6-7 they are still just player 4 in the open draft (providing North get pick 3)

If Gold Coast got inside Hawthorn like North splitting pick 2 with them then it’s a bad outcome as they would get one of the top 4 guys on top of a match and we haven’t heard anything of that.

The other side of it is that it pushes their pick out which lowers the salary of the player coming in and it might mean all their later picks actually come in if anything (prior to a McCabe bid)

Yeah I'm aware. The main issue for us is North taking both Duursma and Watson if they get pick two and three. Though I suppose even at pick six we are guaranteed one of - Duursma, Watson, McKercher or Curtin.

Realistically all the picks will get pushed back two places, due to North squeezing in at pick three and GCS matching a bid.

We would effectively end up with 6, 10 and 14. The latter two could be pushed out further with bids on the other two GCS academy players.

I don't normally get a chance to be an ITK, and I won't go into detail or how I've acquired the information, BUT, something could happen this trade period that may mean North skip Watson on draft night.

Essentially, a small forward could very well be looking to request a trade there due to a promise of decent $$$ and a best 22 spot every week.

I won't name names just in case it leaks and causes any stress to certain people, but none of it impacts us at Hawthorn so it shouldn't matter.

Now, North COULD still take Watson even if this comes to fruition. However, if they fill a list need in a trade they could use the incoming draft bounty to address some other needs, rather than simply going best available.

A lot to play out of course.

I don't normally get a chance to be an ITK, and I won't go into detail or how I've acquired the information, BUT, something could happen this trade period that may mean North skip Watson on draft night.

Essentially, a small forward could very well be looking to request a trade there due to a promise of decent $$$ and a best 22 spot every week.

I won't name names just in case it leaks and causes any stress to certain people, but none of it impacts us at Hawthorn so it shouldn't matter.

Now, North COULD still take Watson even if this comes to fruition. However, if they fill a list need in a trade they could use the incoming draft bounty to address some other needs, rather than simply going best available.

A lot to play out of course.
Sounds like Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back