List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITKs have been talking about this for over a month and even thrown around some names
Disregard Flamingo, the guy is an out and out troll.
We are going to trade bookmark it. FMD.
We may or may not make changes to the team for the Hawks game. Bookmark it.

The sun will rise, bookmark it.

3 months ago was told we were interested in TDK, had been in communication for months with Ben Mackay, and were right into some Victorian kids currently in SA.

This 'new' poster, reads what has been written here for months and then posts ambiguous posts like he has info.
Has been banned from SS. think.it was bird_man who said he did the exact same game over there.
George has said waiting on a notification on duplicate IP's. Probably using Incognito to sign in. Will be banned again soon.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disregard Flamingo, the guy is an out and out troll.
We are going to trade bookmark it. FMD.
We may or may not make changes to the team for the Hawks game. Bookmark it.

The sun will rise, bookmark it.

3 months ago was told we were interested in TDK, had been in communication for months with Ben Mackay, and were right into some Victorian kids currently in SA.

This 'new' poster, reads what has been written here for months and then posts ambiguous posts like he has info.
Has been banned from SS. think.it was bird_man who said he did the exact same game over there.
George has said waiting on a notification on duplicate IP's. Probably using Incognito to sign in. Will be banned again soon.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel no one nows until the time comes

You know there are years clubs just purely focus on drafting kids. Not this year. Bookmark it. Take it to the bank. Do what you want. Our spine will be stronger.

I heard we're going to talk Jack Riewoldt out of retirement to play at full-back - can you confirm that?

His papers are stamped at Carlton, I’d be happy to give him a chance at the right price. My son in law in a mad carlton fan so I pay a bit more attention to them than I otherwise would. I think he could be another stocker, they have badly mismanaged him and only seem to see what he can’t do. The kids smashing them at vfl level with another 40 plus game on the weekend but they can’t find a spot for him and keep picking some absolute donkeys in front of him.

I‘m hoping by the end of the year bytel will have been given a chance to prove his worth but I’d be happy enough with both on our list.
Dow=No.

The big question for the club at seasons end is assessing how close they think we are to being serious contenders? Obviously that will dictate whether we go back to the draft or trade out our early picks. Perhaps SOS & Gubby can keep finding bargains like Stocker & Caminiti, but its no secret we need to add to our midfilder talent.

I have said it before that I would prefer we go to the draft, but perhaps the club believe they have the right players already on the list. With some development and growth into Clark, Gresham, Owens, Phillipou, Windhager, Byrnes, NMW, Stocker and Hotton. If thats the case they might look to attempt to trade in a more senior midfielder, either way I believe we will still need to get more midfield talent through the door.

We do need another ruckman also, but I still have faith Max Heath will become a very good AFL player. Again if we can attract TDK without giving up the world he would be a good fit. If not TDK I thought Briggs was good for GWS last weekend and he will be behind Preuss for sometime. It is going to be a balancing act, but hopefully the club continues to pull the right strings.

The big question for the club at seasons end is assessing how close they think we are to being serious contenders? Obviously that will dictate whether we go back to the draft or trade out our early picks. Perhaps SOS & Gubby can keep finding bargains like Stocker & Caminiti, but its no secret we need to add to our midfilder talent.

I have said it before that I would prefer we go to the draft, but perhaps the club believe they have the right players already on the list. With some development and growth into Clark, Gresham, Owens, Phillipou, Windhager, Byrnes, NMW, Stocker and Hotton. If thats the case they might look to attempt to trade in a more senior midfielder, either way I believe we will still need to get more midfield talent through the door.

We do need another ruckman also, but I still have faith Max Heath will become a very good AFL player. Again if we can attract TDK without giving up the world he would be a good fit. If not TDK I thought Briggs was good for GWS last weekend and he will be behind Preuss for sometime. It is going to be a balancing act, but hopefully the club continues to pull the right strings.
Briggs will be going no where IMO as Preuss cant get on the park , always injured

We need to be trying to win a flag while the likes of Sinclair, Steele, Wilkie and Marshall are still playing good footy.

I think we need to find a balance between trading and the draft, as long as we can bring in players 24 and under that will be around for some time.

I'd have no issue with trading away first round picks for the right player at the right age

We need to bring in skill. That needs to be the focus.
Been saying that for YEARS, it's our most glaring deficiency. We've made some improvements, but more needs to be done.
I can't believe the drop off in actual skill league wide...I know the game has changed, and the focus has gone to athleticism, but if you have the skills to cut through teams by hand and foot, you don't need to run like a maniac chasing your own tail.

Been saying that for YEARS, it's our most glaring deficiency. We've made some improvements, but more needs to be done.
I can't believe the drop off in actual skill league wide...I know the game has changed, and the focus has gone to athleticism, but if you have the skills to cut through teams by hand and foot, you don't need to run like a maniac chasing your own tail.

I dont think the standard of skills has changed at all. What has changed is players abilities to get to more contests, causing more conjestion and players kicking under pressure. You only have to go back 15 years to see the major changes in the game and how many more players are now around the ball or zones at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think the standard of skills has changed at all. What has changed is players abilities to get to more contests, causing more conjestion and players kicking under pressure. You only have to go back 15 years to see the major changes in the game and how many more players are now around the ball or zones at times.

Yeah, tempo and pressure is through the roof now. Watching games from the 90s and comparing them to now it's so different. Like watching those 1920s games where they seem to be kicking the ball straight up in the air with no real objective to any of it, the game changes heaps every few decades.

It's so much more structured and fast paced now. It's not as pretty or pure but it's more dynamic and frenetic.

Melbourne are interesting, they had such horrible skills even a the year before their premiership...then just come out and all of a sudden look a more refined outfit overnight. Structure, fitness, composure and adding to the talent pool can all make a big difference to the way the ball id moved which makes them look more skilled.

Then there is Richmond who decided not to wait for the skills and made their frenetic chaos game the way to dominate teams.

Oh yeah, I agree with that for sure... that's the athleticism of the players. The pressure is enormous around each possession. I'd just like to see some lace out passes that hit targets a bit more often....a bit more football, rather than a game of fumble ball.

Oh yeah, I agree with that for sure... that's the athleticism of the players. The pressure is enormous around each possession. I'd just like to see some lace out passes that hit targets a bit more often....a bit more football, rather than a game of fumble ball.

Yeah when you see players with elite skills it stands out, and you’re right, if you have that in your side you can cut through teams with less effort

We need more of that. No doubt about it

The thing is, if they back Moose then there's little reason to spend up on a TDK as Marshall is only 27yo, unless they then trade Marshall for an overall profit.
If Moose does come through it will also coincide nicely with Roma's twilight years.

The mooted expence around TDK is really off puting, and it should be. 800k is a ludicrous sum for a backup ruck (which will be his position if Marshall stays) A 2nd round pick and say $400ish at most. Even that feels like too much TBH.

Yeah, tempo and pressure is through the roof now. Watching games from the 90s and comparing them to now it's so different. Like watching those 1920s games where they seem to be kicking the ball straight up in the air with no real objective to any of it, the game changes heaps every few decades.

It's so much more structured and fast paced now. It's not as pretty or pure but it's more dynamic and frenetic.

Melbourne are interesting, they had such horrible skills even a the year before their premiership...then just come out and all of a sudden look a more refined outfit overnight. Structure, fitness, composure and adding to the talent pool can all make a big difference to the way the ball id moved which makes them look more skilled.

Then there is Richmond who decided not to wait for the skills and made their frenetic chaos game the way to dominate teams.
With the one player with the strength to make the game stop for a moment and kick a goal from any position along the 50. Give us a peak Dusty and geez we'd go close this year given how even it is.

Yeah when you see players with elite skills it stands out, and you’re right, if you have that in your side you can cut through teams with less effort

We need more of that. No doubt about it
We actually have our fair share. Sincs, Nas, Clark and the Pou are all up there. Bytel also if he could get a run.
They just need games together.

It's been proven time and time and time and time again that allocating a huge portion of your salary cap to a ruckman rarely results in premiership success. Premiership ruckmen the last decade:
Rhys Stanley
Max Gawn
Toby Nankervis
Toby Nankervis
Scott Lycett
Toby Nankervis
Jordan Roughead
Ben McEvoy
Ben McEvoy
David Hale
Shane Mumford

Gawn is the only star in that group and Melb got him via the draft so he was free to acquire.

None of the others would have been on more than $500k per year.

TDK a waste of cap at the mooted price.

The thing is, if they back Moose then there's little reason to spend up on a TDK as Marshall is only 27yo, unless they then trade Marshall for an overall profit.
If Moose does come through it will also coincide nicely with Roma's twilight years.

The mooted expence around TDK is really off puting, and it should be. 800k is a ludicrous sum for a backup ruck (which will be his position if Marshall stays) A 2nd round pick and say $400ish at most. Even that feels like too much TBH.

Heath may be a bit further along in his development but I doubt he will be ready to step up for another year or two. I dont know what RTB wants as far as playing 2 ruckman are concerned, but we definitely need another viable option in case Marshall has injuries. It's obvious where Campbell stands in the pecking order, he wasnt played even when we tried Sharman as a tall forward.

In an ideal world Hayes is fit and playing the 2nd ruck role which he did so well early last year, but that might not happen until next year also. In the interim it looks like Caminiti & Owens are going to have to carry the load. Although I would still like to see the club give Heath a game late in the season to give him a taste of what's required.

With the one player with the strength to make the game stop for a moment and kick a goal from any position along the 50. Give us a peak Dusty and geez we'd go close this year given how even it is.
You’re asking for PEAK dusty? I think any club would go close with peak dusty lol. Every team’s been looking for their own dusty for 5+ years

C'mon mate ...... get yer hand off it.

Heppell slung to ground.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back