List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the bottom post

You missed the part where he categorically stated

“We are open for business”

And mentioned Gubby + SOS and how we wanted to hit the draft. (I believe he was just copying someone from big footy who mentioned that )

This.

+ other things
Or the part where he said they were intent on the draft.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the goalkicking stuff, take out the two North Melbourne games (8.16 and 9.15), we've kicked 200.147 this year. Better than 4 goals for every 3 behinds.

Take out the rushed behinds its 200.114

If you are going to take out the North Melbourne games, you should take out that last Hawks game too.
( Statistical outliers )?

Richo’s main shortcoming was the list he had to work with. I’ll stick by that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It wasn’t.

It’s going back roughly 10 years now

But at the time I was mates with a number of the fringe players and spent abit of time with them.

I had family members working at the club too.

His biggest flaw was that He was really poor at communicating and it turned a number off him. He had a protected group and the players knew it. Then he ****ed our rebuild because he kept backing his work horses that over performed got him on the cusp of the 8 twice and we stopped developing the actual talent or being shit enough to draft them.

Members has had 1 knee injury in his career that he is recovering from and now posters are thinking injuries have caught up with him lol. He's already back to fitness and has been very reliable for his whole career.

I don't mind if we trade him, but it would have to be a 2nd rounder at the lowest. For those thinking we wouldn't get that - if he can come in late season / finals and just play how he normally does and kick 2 or 3 in each game another club might see the value, but then no doubt a lot of Saints will not want to trade him.

We have excess in his position and could possibly get some currency

If you are going to take out the North Melbourne games, you should take out that last Hawks game too.
( Statistical outliers )?

Every other game this season has been in character - two more behinds than goals is the worst we've done, and in 15 games more goals than behinds.

Despite the fan narrative, we are a very good side kicking for goal this year.

Members has had 1 knee injury in his career that he is recovering from and now posters are thinking injuries have caught up with him lol. He's already back to fitness and has been very reliable for his whole career.

I don't mind if we trade him, but it would have to be a 2nd rounder at the lowest. For those thinking we wouldn't get that - if he can come in late season / finals and just play how he normally does and kick 2 or 3 in each game another club might see the value, but then no doubt a lot of Saints will not want to trade him.

We have excess in his position and could possibly get some currency

Anyone who thinks he's worthless might like to compare his stats to similarly sized Gary Rohan.

Last week Dow came on as the sub and was very effective. He's got qualities it's just a matter of having him stick to them.
To be honest I didn't watch much last Friday... was focused on the cricket.

I just don't want to recruit blokes who are only a 50/50 chance of finding a team mate. Dow has had enough chances to improve that side of his game & hasn't.

Of course he could, he was all the players best mates.
First i've heard of poor standards under Richo. He was always pretty old school. I always thought his shortcomings were strategy and vision.

I used to get to some training sessions in Richo's era. He was like a local footy club under 18s session leader. I used to get anxiety watching the lack of standards and system. The only other coach I had witnessed coaching multiple sessions before that was Lyon. Lyon's sides were better sides but they looked like they meant business. Richo's crew looked casual. Hamill having a bit of a piss around laughing wrestling players like they were all mates and a few blokes running small session groups half invested. Richo walking around like the foreman on a building site hoping that no-one would notivce that he had no idea what he was doing. It looked like it was people playing grown ups rather than systemised.

I reckon Richo's strategy was solid but his lack of people skills, poor footy department spend and playing list meant he was pushing shit up hill. Richo came across as potentially on the autistic spectrum. He wouldn't make eye contact, talked in monologues and he had a strange disconnect in his interpersonal communication. Could have just been me and him didn't vibe on the same level though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't cover a 2m defender , he is the only guy that can cover the big talls like Daniher , Hawkins , Wright , B.King etc

Would prefer to get Jacob Koscschitzke from the hawks, only played 8 games this year and he is super versatile as a forward/defender swing man. Only just turned 23, hope a 3rd round pick will do it.
Interesting call.

I wonder if Mabior Chol 26/200cm/98kg is available as he's unable to get a game. He plays forward and can ruck.

To be honest I didn't watch much last Friday... was focused on the cricket.

I just don't want to recruit blokes who are only a 50/50 chance of finding a team mate. Dow has had enough chances to improve that side of his game & hasn't.
In principlel agree but I'd put him on a level with Bytel but opposite in their abilities and I don't think I've ever seen Bytel have that level of effect on a game.

I'm on the fence with it. If he's cheap, not blocking kids or guaranteed a game then it's ok.

I used to get to some training sessions in Richo's era. He was like a local footy club under 18s session leader. I used to get anxiety watching the lack of standards and system. The only other coach I had witnessed coaching multiple sessions before that was Lyon. Lyon's sides were better sides but they looked like they meant business. Richo's crew looked casual. Hamill having a bit of a piss around laughing wrestling players like they were all mates and a few blokes running small session groups half invested. Richo walking around like the foreman on a building site hoping that no-one would notivce that he had no idea what he was doing. It looked like it was people playing grown ups rather than systemised.

I reckon Richo's strategy was solid but his lack of people skills, poor footy department spend and playing list meant he was pushing s**t up hill. Richo came across as potentially on the autistic spectrum. He wouldn't make eye contact, talked in monologues and he had a strange disconnect in his interpersonal communication. Could have just been me and him didn't vibe on the same level though.
Seems a lot of the new breed of coaches don't have the mongrel in them to rip into a player to get the best out of them - Lyon , Clarkson have got that mongrel in them.
Richo and Ratten are great guys but couldn't get the best out of the players when they needed too.

I reckon Richo's strategy was solid but his lack of people skills, poor footy department spend and playing list meant he was pushing s**t up hill. Richo came across as potentially on the autistic spectrum. He wouldn't make eye contact, talked in monologues and he had a strange disconnect in his interpersonal communication. Could have just been me and him didn't vibe on the same level though.

The kind of work we're told that Ross has implemented is a lot of work and planning from the coaches.
Obviously the reason Lyon made it a point to get competent assistants that he could trust on board.

I’m content with whatever happens this year Re Finals, we’ve overachieved for sure and good signed for the youngsters. I’m really looking forward to next season and the upcoming draft and trade period, sounds like big changes are coming

Seems a lot of the new breed of coaches don't have the mongrel in them to rip into a player to get the best out of them - Lyon , Clarkson have got that mongrel in them.
Richo and Ratten are great guys but couldn't get the best out of the players when they needed too.

I get the impression that Richo worked them hard enough, just didn't know what he was working at.

OK Guys...today...ummm... we're all doing Burpee's. All of you down in pushup position.

It wasn’t.

It’s going back roughly 10 years now

But at the time I was mates with a number of the fringe players and spent abit of time with them.

I had family members working at the club too.

His biggest flaw was that He was really poor at communicating and it turned a number off him. He had a protected group and the players knew it. Then he ****ed our rebuild because he kept backing his work horses that over performed got him on the cusp of the 8 twice and we stopped developing the actual talent or being s**t enough to draft them.
Pardon my ignorance, this last sentence I'm finding hard to understand. So how did the work horses over perform but the actual talent couldn't? Was it just laziness/attitude that stopped them reaching their potential?

In principlel agree but I'd put him on a level with Bytel but opposite in their abilities and I don't think I've ever seen Bytel have that level of effect on a game.

I'm on the fence with it. If he's cheap, not blocking kids or guaranteed a game then it's ok.
Bytel hasn't had close to the senior opportunities that Dow has (69 v 22 games).

Yet disposals & clearances not really that much of a difference. Jack the better tackler & more efficient disposer.

I haven't lost hope that Jack can make it. Would prefer that to be in RWB.

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back