List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are happy Clappy because they weren’t doing it.

Hence why Ratten got sacked.

I said it 2 years earlier that pre season was an utter joke. I shared PMs with Stewart66 (god rest his soul) throughout that season about the weird s**t going on at training. How it appeared amateur.

You don’t get sacked a few months after a new deal if there isn’t some serious s**t coming out in a review about how poor the place is going under your watch and then get replaced by the absolute standard setter about getting the most out of players as coach.
Not sure why you think I disagree with any of that. It was shit before, and now it's how it should be. It's a basic requirement for professional athletes to train under a high performance program.

100%

watched zac over here before getting drafted. his disposal is very very good. he was getting good numbers in the seniors at wafl level. carlton have tried to turn him into a defencive fwd. he's an out and out winger.

i'd take both tbh. dow and fisher.
Interesting that SEN analysis on Carlton turnaround inferred the hard running of the wingers back and pressing forward was part of their recent success.

Not trying to pick a fight or be a smart arse but Fisher wasn't part of it...Cotterell Chincota et al...were. Maybe he can become that type of the modern winger with a bit of RTB cattleprod coaching.

Would have thought WCE would be in his ear. Dow if he is cheap enough he is the right age etc and is worth a shot so is Silvangi. Plays with real heart and emotion can never have enough of those.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said it 2 years earlier that pre season was an utter joke. I shared PMs with Stewart66 (god rest his soul) throughout that season about the weird s**t going on at training. How it appeared amateur.

You don’t get sacked a few months after a new deal if there isn’t some serious s**t coming out in a review about how poor the place is going under your watch and then get replaced by the absolute standard setter about getting the most out of players as coach.

Very interesting. I’m new to the forum (and, out of curiosity) - what was some of the weird stuff going on at training under Rat’s tenure?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of clickbait for sure, listening to the full interview he also said there isn't a one size fits all approach and coaches will run their programs differently. Also said we did a lot of good things last year.

Not that I necessarily agree but I thought Mason was as objective as he could've been.
Need someone else to throw Richardson under the bus please.

Need someone else to throw Richardson under the bus please.
Lol I feel like Mr Creosote. Been fed so much bullshit from the club over the years, constant talk about how "this time" it'll be great, next year will be the year, "now" we have the right people in place.

I've just had enough of celebrating when the club does what they should be doing. I want us to have sustained dominance, I want us to be a truly elite club. Implementing a high performance environment should be what we expect from the club we support.

Interesting points, though I think Lyon selling himself to the highest bidder was too much for Bassat to ignore with his deep pockets. Most likely had we not had key injuries last season, we may have played finals, and I remember commentators, ex players etc commenting on how fit the Saints looked at the start of 2022 but that's history. . I hope we do well under Lyon, but until we get our next premiership, he is yet another Saints coach at a club who has fed a lot of bulls*^t to me as a long time supporter over the years- close enough is not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting points, though I think Lyon selling himself to the highest bidder was too much for Bassat to ignore with his deep pockets. Most likely had we not had key injuries last season, we may have played finals, and I remember commentators, ex players etc commenting on how fit the Saints looked at the start of 2022 but that's history. . I hope we do well under Lyon, but until we get our next premiership, he is yet another Saints coach at a club who has fed a lot of bulls*^t to me as a long time supporter over the years- close enough is not good enough.
As I’ve said numerous times.

Take the time head to to training - they are training today.

Stand at the fence and I guarantee you Ross will stop and chat.

SOS Gubby come through occasionally. Happy to do similar.

Be very surprised at how honest they are to supporters.

Having your face smashed in a few times is a legit excuse.

When he gets a run at it, he's really good for us.
Interesting the takes people have on players they like.

Kings shoulder didn’t stop him from criticism a few weeks ago. Got smashed in a post game thread.

Not having a shot at you FYI. Just generally speaking

Definitely a very serviceable player. You don’t play 150 odd games by being a dud. Unfortunately, turning 30 and injuries have caught up with him. Lucky to get a third rounder now,

He's had one injury ruined season. He's hardly broken down. He's a year younger than Jeremy Cameron. I think a second round pick doesn't look OTT. If you need a quality third tall forward you'd think it was a bargain. Someone like Freo could really use him to bring through their kids.

If we'd only be getting a late pick we should keep him for depth.

Interesting that SEN analysis on Carlton turnaround inferred the hard running of the wingers back and pressing forward was part of their recent success.

Not trying to pick a fight or be a smart arse but Fisher wasn't part of it...Cotterell Chincota et al...were. Maybe he can become that type of the modern winger with a bit of RTB cattleprod coaching.

Would have thought WCE would be in his ear. Dow if he is cheap enough he is the right age etc and is worth a shot so is Silvangi. Plays with real heart and emotion can never have enough of those.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He gets played as a forward often or pushed out of his ideal wing role. He's played 8 games this year so a bit hard to be mentioned when you've hardly played, Acres has pretty much taken one wing too. Dow is absolutely terrible. He makes Dunstan look like Judd.

As I’ve said numerous times.

Take the time head to to training - they are training today.

Stand at the fence and I guarantee you Ross will stop and chat.

SOS Gubby come through occasionally. Happy to do similar.

Be very surprised at how honest they are to supporters.
I went to training weeks back, and it all seemed about the same as it was when Ratts was coach a year earlier- everyone seemed to be in good spirits, approachable and training hard as a group or specifically, you could have just interchanged coaches and it looked the same.

Think he's good for the side. It's that simple for me.

I'm on the fence with HC. He's one of those guys that just has quality in everything he does but it's offset with his lack of pace and ability to play anything close to 100% game time in the centre. I'd hate to lose him because our midfield is paper thin but I can see why we might want to replace him as well.

I'm not sure if it's his training standards, fitness or just a biological thing where he can't ever increase pace and endurance. Without knowing the answers we have just have to trust the club.

A bit of a summary from what I just caught from RTB on SEN

• Owens is one of the most competitive players he has seen at this level. His second and third efforts, and his level of keeping his eye on the ball are as good as any player he has seen.
  • Big fan of Caminitti - his contested work inside 50 rivals that of many 6-7 year players and what he's doing shouldn't be understated. Thinks he's an massive kid
  • Reminded them that Phillipou is 4 days away from being in the u/18s this year and that he's had impact on games that is similar to what he saw from Brayshaw and Cerra at the same point.
  • Rates Sinclair, Wilkie highly, and wants to build the midfield around Jack Steele as Seb and Brad Crouch are running out of years.
  • Our strategy will be to go to the draft and add to the core of Mitch, Pou NWN, Windhager, Caminitti etc. Spoke about clubs getting lucky in trades ala Fremantle with Weller. Get the impression we're trading some established players.

Ross is a clever man, he knows what to say, and what to not say. I'd take from it that someone like Marshall might be gettable in his eyes (for the right price), and that all of Gresham, Clark, Billings, Membrey could be moved if there's a buyer that helps us get a higher pick.

Yep, the difference in training year to year was obvious. It’s almost triggering thinking about how we’re so invested wanting to finally get a flag and meanwhile the people we are relying on and paying squillions for are being totally half-assed.

If we are going to go to the bargain barrel for a depth mid (Dow, M Crouch, that type) - what about Sam Menegola for a year or two? Can play inside/outside and comes from a successful situation.

Please read the first part of my sentence before responding.

A bit of a summary from what I just caught from RTB on SEN

• Owens is one of the most competitive players he has seen at this level. His second and third efforts, and his level of keeping his eye on the ball are as good as any player he has seen.
  • Big fan of Caminitti - his contested work inside 50 rivals that of many 6-7 year players and what he's doing shouldn't be understated. Thinks he's an massive kid
  • Reminded them that Phillipou is 4 days away from being in the u/18s this year and that he's had impact on games that is similar to what he saw from Brayshaw and Cerra at the same point.
  • Rates Sinclair, Wilkie highly, and wants to build the midfield around Jack Steele as Seb and Brad Crouch are running out of years.
  • Our strategy will be to go to the draft and add to the core of Mitch, Pou NWN, Windhager, Caminitti etc. Spoke about clubs getting lucky in trades ala Fremantle with Weller. Get the impression we're trading some established players.

Ross is a clever man, he knows what to say, and what to not say. I'd take from it that someone like Marshall might be gettable in his eyes (for the right price), and that all of Gresham, Clark, Billings, Membrey could be moved if there's a buyer that helps us get a higher pick.
This make me more pissed if north get all there free hits this year in the draft. I reckon we would be one of the club making a lot of noise about the sanders crap. Happy that we have committed to the draft but it is going to be interesting to see how we get some good picks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back