List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Dodoro so much, he is more in the business of retaining good players at any cost because he drafted them and it's a boys club and so forth. The new regime seems to be a bit more objective about list development.

Anything you offer over 750 per year would qualify for a first round compensation pick. If we just wanted the pick, then we won't be matching as long as it's a first. In that case, you would think the 900k a year being thrown around in here is more dollars than sense, if you only need to offer 800k to get him.

I think actually that it's not that far apart between the club and the player anyway. The club is offering somewhere around the mark without automatic CBA increases built into the contract, and I think the ask from player and manager is roughly similar but either with CBA increases built in, or a higher overall salary to account for it.

I still expect him to stay, although a lot of Essendon fans would seemingly celebrate if he left, underrated as he is among our fans.
All fair enough - just strikes as a bit weird that it hasn't been resolved as yet.

Averaging 30+ a game for the last three years, very high contested possession rate, salary cap to burn - I thought it would be low hanging fruit as far as player management went.

Maybe we could go down the GWS and GC route and just trade out all our talent and stock pile draft picks.

Then we can give up on the premiership dream and just win the draft every year! It would be much more productive for us Saints fans. We could check out for the first 18 rounds and then reconvene from Round 20 through to the National draft night. Then we can spend all our time here slapping ourselves on the back right up until pre-season starts.
Isn't that exactly what we did do for a few years about ten years ago?

Please don’t abuse the s$&t out of me but if members leaves would Ben Brown be worth 1 year or two to help max ??

HOWARD
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _

HEENEY

Play ......

HOWARD

HEWARD, Brett - the East Doncaster ruckman from the 90s that got his finger bitten off by a turkey on Mad Monday

HEWAED, Clarke - Norwood's record-breaking midfielder, suffered three concussions in one game, is now chief of police in Perth.

HEWAEY, Duncan - the last premiership captain of Koo Wee Rup Brigadiers back in 1953

HEWNEY, Charles - that Defender for the Fish Creek Bulldogs who reshaped the great Harry "Ponce" Pontinn's nose in the Infamous Tigers Bulldogs melee of 1905

HEENEY

Poor mans Nasiah Wananeen-Milera.

Same old , same old, a winger is not going to tranform our midfield into match winners.

I wanted him at the draft. He can play forward and has X factor... Bit of Walters about him. He's probably best played off a wing still but he certainly isn't a one position player. Could be a handy upgrade on Butler even. Send Butts to the wing. Henry can tackle and score.

HOWARD

HEWARD, Brett - the East Doncaster ruckman from the 90s that got his finger bitten off by a turkey on Mad Monday

HEWAED, Clarke - Norwood's record-breaking midfielder, suffered three concussions in one game, is now chief of police in Perth.

HEWAEY, Duncan - the last premiership captain of Koo Wee Rup Brigadiers back in 1953

HEWNEY, Charles - that Defender for the Fish Creek Bulldogs who reshaped the great Harry "Ponce" Pontinn's nose in the Infamous Tigers Bulldogs melee of 1905

HEENEY
Give the man a pint of lager :beermug:

Though it's actually Clark Hewaed .... no E in Clark

Also he burnt Crouch in the second/forth qtr he was inside 50 near the boundary kicked to top of square Tiger mark instead of handballing to Crouch running square onto goal 30m out but on angle....he just burnt a team mate in a better position

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The one that luckily fell to King was also poor…he’s a self centred player that won’t be missed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fair enough - just strikes as a bit weird that it hasn't been resolved as yet.

Averaging 30+ a game for the last three years, very high contested possession rate, salary cap to burn - I thought it would be low hanging fruit as far as player management went.

A lot of Essendon fans think he's average. Like when Seb Ross was winning B&F awards he's seen as a bit lacking in hurt factor. I think he'd suit us because we can't win the ball ourselves but it's huge amount of cash needed. You could probably try an M Crouch or something a bit cheaper but he's at least not going to cost trade capital.

the only thing to take away from the media reports is there is a significant list re-alignment going on. way i read it is, unless you're a KPP or can play as an effective mid then you're on the table.

they're going to be prepared to take risks to re-align the list. we are not going to get something from nothing and will have to make some hard calls to get some draft/trade currency in.

moving on howard makes sense IMO even with a priority on KPP talent.

i'd move on all of Howard, Clarke, Billings, Gresham, Membrey & Paton. Membrey the only one who probably doesnt have currency. i'd maybe look at retaining Jones and McKenzie on the rookie list. with the idea that maybe we can get McKenzie right but also try to re-educate Jones into a small defender. i'd hold coffield.

i know that's alot of players but i think we need to be bold and really re-align the list. get a mixture of future and current picks.

i'd try grab Dow and Lycett if we can. both will be cheap. Flanders obviously but i think that ships sailed. i'm not sold on Henry.
Unless we’ve got an experienced key defender lined up I’d be keeping Howard. The rest that you’ve named could go. I’d like to keep Membrey but if we got any sort of reasonable pick for him I wouldn’t lose too much sleep.

Weren't Collingwood showing interest in Gresham earlier in the year? I would much rather keep Coffield than Clark. I think Coffield has a much bigger upside to his game the Clark. But the club work with these players every day, so I guess they have an understanding of their potential. Perhaps its about trade value and what deals Coffield has been offered?
I think Coffield will stay but Highmore in trouble!

Not sure what "the day" was , its been a long time since ACL surgery started getting used for sport. Its been 40 years since LARS was introduced.

This lot recommend trying to heal the ligament, but the timing probably isn't good for athletes.
Dog bone , lars is hardly used by afl players anymore , how about you you tell me how many players haven't come back from ACL's in the last ten years

For your reference:

Essendon remains supremely confident Darcy Parish will remain at the club even as the Dons and his management remain apart on the deal that would secure him long-term.
Parish remains out of contract as a highly prized free agent with just 11 days remaining in the home-and-away season despite being offered a respectable offer.
The delay in him re-signing is because he is still keen for a better offer, even if the parties are less than $100,000 a season apart.
Industry figures believe he is worthy of a five-year deal on around $750,000.
Under coach Brad Scott and new CEO Craig Vozzo the Dons have been adamant they will pay their players fairly but are prepared to let them leave if they want to go for more money than Essendon believes they are worth.
It means if a rival wanted to pay overs for Parish the Dons would think long and hard about matching a free agency deal.
Essendon has vast cap space of more than $2 million, but is playing the long game and determined to spend it wisely as it assembles its list under Scott. Source

Parish has every right to be asking for more than 750k x 5 given angus brayshaw got probably that x 6 a year ago.

Gosh I hope the dodo overplays his hand and he leaves (to us or anyone else)... all over a measly few hundred k of monopoly money they are forced to spend 95% of every year.

The one that luckily fell to King was also poor…he’s a self centred player that won’t be missed!

Yep he was running through the middle and under no pressure, demanded the ball didnt look up and just scrubbed a kick forward - it was under 12 stuff. He does it that often its the exact reason he needs to be moved on. It might be excusable if he took the time to have a look and missed the target, but he doesnt even do that!

The other that has ordinary patches with his delivery forward is Butler. He tries to become too cute and often muffs his kicks rather than doing the team thing. It does my head in watching professional footballers who cant hit a target 30 metres away!

This thread moves too fast for me to keep up with, but if Doogs is off the boil are we going to look at McKay? The North Melbourne one that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back