List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
14 + 24 + 37 + F1st
for
T.Kelly + 57 + F3rd

13 + 15 + 20 + F4th
for
J.Cameron + 2x F2nd

That would put the Oliver deal at something like:

12 + 32 + F1st
for
Oliver + F3rd

I'd probably take that risk TBH. Leaves us with the Gresh compo to grab Henry. Dow with a late/token pick...

Drug rumors...
Unhinged behavior...
Plays the pokies...

3C9A0B99-EB81-4EA4-AE6B-21FD3693ADA1-234x300.jpeg

But he can play footy... hmmm

Je9oPYq.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver is actually quite quick. Steele, Crouch and Oliver would be fine from a quickness point of view
My issue is less about his speed and more about that those three are all first touch ball winners. You need a combo of contested ball winner, receiver and spread. Those three would all wind up at the ruckmans feet and wed either get it nowhere or get completely torched if we didnt win it.

Rekon the Suns come over the top here.

Chol + Hollands + Pick 4
for
Oliver + 25 + 33

Hollands maybe goes to the Blues who send something to the Dees instead but Dimma would back himself to sort Oliver out for sure.

No point even having the conversation about Oliver, if true every club will be after him and we don’t have the pull to get his nomination or currency to pull off a trade. Also doesn’t fit at all with the slow build around the young core that we have been touting recently.
It does if we think philippou can have an Owens type year next year and Owens and nas can have a daicos type year next year.

Reading about it more and more i think its a dangle and theyd only really consider an overs offer.

All the "off field issues" stuff so what. So did DeGoey. Most 20ish year old blokes making $500+k a year dabble in some unhinged shit. As far as im aware Oliver doesnt have any single note on his rap sheet so if he is up to no good hes at least keeping it quiet.

His stats are amazing, only 26 years old and in his prime, he is not Dylan Shiel and on his way out.

TPP seriously, so lets just overpay our current midfield and miss out on a matchwinner.
This is would probably the biggest trade steal in the last few years I’d say. Even better than Tom Mitchell, treloar, Grundy types getting dumped. Maybe the same as Grundy.

Rumours are he had to move in with Max Gawn mid year to get some "stability"

That tells me there's a bit going on if true.

Then again it could be bullshit

Yes they do. You only have to go back to the Wingard trade.

Hawthorn had to give up one of the most highly rated kids at the time in Ryan Burton (who actually wanted to stay at Hawthorn) as well as their first and 2nd round selection.

Exactly the same situation. Oliver probably holds more currency though I'd think.
He's being moved on because he's drug ****ed and lost interest. He wouldn't be worth much trade wise, the risk would be taking on the huge contract.

If we think we can get him going then it's a no-brainer. But there's an obvious risk which is he's finished.

Whoever just suggested we trade King for Oliver nearly made me throw up on the tram

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I saw an old gay couple jump on a tram once, take a can of Woodstock out of the hand of an old homeless guy and take a swig and when the homeless guy complained, the old gay guy pashed him. I don't know if it make me want to throw up, but I'll never ever forget it. #tramstories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumours are he had to move in with Max Gawn mid year to get some "stability"

That tells me there's a bit going on if true.

Then again it could be bullshit
Rumor was they considered having him move in with Max not that it happened.

Problem with rumors is they spiral into worse rumors and then truths.

Not a single story about him having any personal, drug or punting issues at all until this trade story broke. In fact the story a month ago was how he was furious at the club medicos for not giving him more work to do to get back on the field quicker.

He's being moved on because he's drug ****ed and lost interest. He wouldn't be worth much trade wise, the risk would be taking on the huge contract.

If we think we can get him going then it's a no-brainer. But there's an obvious risk which is he's finished.
Time will tell mate.

I'd be amazed if this isn't a big deal going to Melbourne. Let's revisit once the deal is done shall we...

Yet we used to.
In 2021 Jack Steele had the 6th most contested possessions in the AFL. ( not counting 1 gamer Alex Davies ).
In 2022 and 2023 he was 30th.

Seriously , what's going on ?
Injury and sides minding him.

Gresham on $800k. Imagine the stiffy he had when his manager called him telling him he’d negotiated $800k a year for an at the time 21 year old forward pocket that had barely ventured into the midfield.
Fmd hats off to the agent, but the whole bullshit about paying 95% of the cap has led to Gresham being to most overpaid person in the country.
Imagine what the other players thought of it.

Not a single story about him having any personal, drug or punting issues at all until this trade story broke. In fact the story a month ago was how he was furious at the club medicos for not giving him more work to do to get back on the field quicker.

The rumor I heard was that he's about to crack any minute purple monkey dishwasher.

Would have to be another 4 team deal similar to the Horne-Francis trade last year to satisfy everyone.

West Coast, don’t really want to risk taking Reid and having another Horne-Francis situation, want more picks

Gold Coast, need draft points

Saints, potentially have two top 13 picks (and maybe an older forward the Dees could use)

Demons, rumours they want to trade up for Reid, maybe they’ve fallen out of love with Oliver.

Least it’s something new to talk about 🤷‍♂️

He had a bad year for sure, before injury last year he was looking great. He's definitely been injured but struggled to play Lyon's plan early as well.

He's definitely got it in him to be top end, it's whether he can fit into the system, that's the question. I'm not opposed to matching and effectively give him a do over season and see where we're at next year. As long as he's not on crazy money that puts others off, then it's possibly an acceptable risk.

If he plays well and still wants to leave, then maybe we're in a better position to trade and get more value, worst case scenario is we at least get the equiv to band 3. I doubt we'd get band 1 value unless he goes bananas in which case we'd be keeping him.

It also depends on who else we have coming in and how that impacts the balance of the side.

All that said, if he has his heart on leaving, then it's a bad strategy to do a Fritzle and lock them up because you can and your wife pretends not to notice the baby you've made down stairs crying. Richmond at the top of their game let players go who wanted to go without much fuss or forcing oppo teams to pay overs,a and I think that's a good strategy.

There was plenty of rumours regarding drug use before this broke

Oliver is the best contested player in the league bar maybe Libba or Neale.

However the problem is he’s a direct upgrade on our two best players already (Steele and Crouch)

This means we’re adding a 10/10 player but removing an 8/10 player.

We really only get a net gain of +2

We need to replace Zak jones/Byrnes/Ross/gresh who are 5-6/10 players as that explosive inside/outside midfielder with say Petracca or prime dusty or errol gulden.

That would give us a much bigger boost to our team overall.

However it’s better than adding another 5-6/10 player like Shiel to the team and you don’t know who to replace in the team for him to play. And when he does he replaces another 5-6/10 and the team gets no better, just different.

He’s worth much more than improving some depth mids. That’s like saying we had a better list than Richmond because Dusty was only a slight upgrade on Nathan Wright. Gun players change games. There is a formula where a small percentage of players do a huge percentage of the required work towards a win. He’s one of those. A bigger spread of mediocrity isn’t our issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back