List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor was they considered having him move in with Max not that it happened.

Problem with rumors is they spiral into worse rumors and then truths.

Not a single story about him having any personal, drug or punting issues at all until this trade story broke. In fact the story a month ago was how he was furious at the club medicos for not giving him more work to do to get back on the field quicker.
A few in the media have been alluding to their being issues with Oliver without actually going with the full stories for a while.

They seem to be happy to run with them now, probably because the Demons are happy to confirm them.

Not sure exactly what it is, but it's fairly obvious that is more than him just not quite getting his rehab right. You don't throw your best players with 7 years to run on a contract on the trade table otherwise.

3 firsts for a bloke with dodgey hammies on a mill for the next six years.
Will make Hanners look like a master stroke.
Way to destroy our build and TPP

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely different to Hanners. Sydney used him as a battering ram for 8 years.

3 firsts, where do you sign me up. Remind me how many of our first round picks have come good in the last 15 years.

One - Max King

With Oliver being kicked out......the club that will land him will be the club that Oliver selects to go to.

So that means any club could land him.

Melbourne will not be able to hang out for the best deal, just a reasonable one.

For example St Kilda could say over this year, and next year's, first.

Completely different to Hanners. Sydney used him as a battering ram for 8 years.

3 firsts, where do you sign me up. Remind me how many of our first round picks have come good in the last 15 years.

One - Max King
What do you mean Sydney used him as a battering ram?

Hanners played a fair chunk of his career on the wing. Oliver is close to the most inside mid in the comp.

Hanners was cooked but it had nothing to do with how Sydney played him.

Reading about it more and more i think its a dangle and theyd only really consider an overs offer.

All the "off field issues" stuff so what. So did DeGoey. Most 20ish year old blokes making $500+k a year dabble in some unhinged s**t. As far as im aware Oliver doesnt have any single note on his rap sheet so if he is up to no good hes at least keeping it quiet.
I have been aware of him since before he was drafted, in the GVL and what was the TAC cup. All I'll say he makes me more nervous than De Goey did and that's without making the headlines.

There was plenty of rumours regarding drug use before this broke
Yeh i think i made the point that rumors arent stories, theyre not substantiated and they mean **** all.

I had my time many moons ago around the fringes of the saints afl team, 50% of those boys bumped bags most weekends.

Im not saying he doesnt use, im saying hes smart enough to not have a Bailey Smith situation so who gives a shit if he has some nose beers on the weekends.
A few in the media have been alluding to their being issues with Oliver without actually going with the full stories for a while.

They seem to be happy to run with them now, probably because the Demons are happy to confirm them.

Not sure exactly what it is, but it's fairly obvious that is more than him just not quite getting his rehab right. You don't throw your best players with 7 years to run on a contract on the trade table otherwise.
Nope, still no stories are there. Its still rumors.

Whispers of "issues" are not the same as any sort of proof and as mentioned theres a stack of reasons for stuff like that to leak now.

I seriously doubt he goes anywhere but not looking at elite A grade midfield talent after crying out for elite A grade midfield talent for what... a decade? Would be stupid.

This is would probably the biggest trade steal in the last few years I’d say. Even better than Tom Mitchell, treloar, Grundy types getting dumped. Maybe the same as Grundy.

Brisbane went from where we are to regular finals with Neale. You find a way to make it happen if it’s possible. We have zero true elite players at the moment and having one frees the shackles others have on them. They go up around him. Steele all of a sudden doesn’t have a minder. Crouch is playing on a spud. You can roll kids through with out a minder.

It’ll suck but I reckon Oliver will be Carlton bound in exchange for Harry & their 1st pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely not.

Caltron do not need another inside mid. They need a FB and a small forward.

If it's not us then the Suns or Swans would be my bet.

A top 5 player in the comp, one of Melbourne's top 5 players of all time by the time he is done, in his prime and the club is open to getting rid. There must be some pretty freaking serious stuff going on. You'd want to get it done for a fair price which would never happen.

The price will be high, but he has clearly some huge red flags, and so price will not be ridiculous.

Getting Oliver to nominate your club will be the key. Dees want him gone and so they will not have the whip hand in choosing where.

By the sounds of it they do not want to risk home being at their club again in 2024. This is not a "we are happy to keep him if the price is not amazing" situation.

One - Max King
The Pou
Nas
Max King

Yeh i think i made the point that rumors arent stories, theyre not substantiated and they mean * all.

I had my time many moons ago around the fringes of the saints afl team, 50% of those boys bumped bags most weekends.

Im not saying he doesnt use, im saying hes smart enough to not have a Bailey Smith situation so who gives a s**t if he has some nose beers on the weekends.

All I would say is where there's smoke, there's usually fire.
You don't get that rep without being far more into that stuff than the average player.

I have been aware of him since before he was drafted, in the GVL and what was the TAC cup. All I'll say he makes me more nervous than De Goey did and that's without making the headlines.

I'd think this has more to do with the coaches unhinged behaviour

Goodwin is one strange cat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane went from where we are to regular finals with Neale. You find a way to make it happen if it’s possible. We have zero true elite players at the moment and having one frees the shackles others have on them. They go up around him. Steele all of a sudden doesn’t have a minder. Crouch is playing on a spud. You can roll kids through with out a minder.

If you did land him, and there most likely would be a huge queue of clubs chasing him, then he and say Shiel plus Dow could transform our midfield next year.

Oliver to Owens to Max. ;)

Yeh i think i made the point that rumors arent stories, theyre not substantiated and they mean * all.

Im not saying he doesnt use, im saying hes smart enough to not have a Bailey Smith situation so who gives a s**t if he has some nose beers on the weekends.

Nope, still no stories are there. Its still rumors.

Whispers of "issues" are not the same as any sort of proof and as mentioned theres a stack of reasons for stuff like that to leak now.

I seriously doubt he goes anywhere but not looking at elite A grade midfield talent after crying out for elite A grade midfield talent for what... a decade? Would be stupid.
OK mate, you can keep your head in the sand and think that unless the players and coaches sit in front of the camera and confirm all these issues than it can't be true.

There's clearly something there, Melbourne wouldn't be putting him on the table unless there was something serious there.

It depends on what his issue’s are

No club is even thinking about letting a player like that go unless there is some serious issues going on
Clearly got huge issues. But arguably a top 5 player in the game
Rumor was they considered having him move in with Max not that it happened.

Problem with rumors is they spiral into worse rumors and then truths.

Not a single story about him having any personal, drug or punting issues at all until this trade story broke. In fact the story a month ago was how he was furious at the club medicos for not giving him more work to do to get back on the field quicker.
Plenty of drug related rumours. Including a second strike this year when he had his “hammy”

All I would say is where there's smoke, there's usually fire.
You don't get that rep without being far more into that stuff than the average player.
What rep? Until this week there wasnt any stories about him. Again, not saying he doesnt but hes not getting caught is he?
OK mate, you can keep your head in the sand and think that unless the players and coaches sit in front of the camera and confirm all these issues than it can't be true.

There's clearly something there, Melbourne wouldn't be putting him on the table unless there was something serious there.
Yeh again mate, not saying hes not racking blow every weekend, im saying hes not getting caught and even the "rumors" that are abound at the moment arent exactly substantial. Issues with the team, teammates not liking him, some personal issues.

All shit weve heard about plenty of players, all shit that got said about us pursuing DeGoey last year.

A grade talent that for whatever reason appears to be on the outs with his current club.

Im very happy for the club to do its due dillgence and make a call and if they dont pursue him, fine, if they do, ill be thrilled.

All you armchair experts claiming hes Tony Montana and Travis Bickle rolled into one are amusing to me.

This is 100% correct. Agreed.

But if we got him and it goes wrong.

It’s a big rebuild.

Oh the old second strike rule... how many of those things has ever resulted in anything?
Dunno.

I was just mentioning the most recent rumour.

You said there wasn’t - there was literally a massive one only a few months ago.

Whether it’s true or not 🤷‍♂️

That’s for Gubby and SOS and Ross to work out

This is 100% correct. Agreed.

But if we got him and it goes wrong.

It’s a big rebuild.
I don’t see us being in a position to take the risk. If we were 12 months further down the line with some more elite young talent then yes, we’re ready. But I think we’re still a bit shallow to go all in on this one

Drug rumors...
Unhinged behavior...
Plays the pokies...

3C9A0B99-EB81-4EA4-AE6B-21FD3693ADA1-234x300.jpeg

But he can play footy... hmmm
Bored after winning a Flag, boredom and burnout after success is a real thing, he's a young buck and probably not a scholar, but he's a beast on-field and for mine would be an incredible fit at St Kilda. I'd be over the moon. You're betting if indeed he'd lost some hunger, it would be rediscovered at a new Club.

Thing is though, I reckon we'd be about a 1000-1 to get him. Strikes me as the type that would go to a Hawthorn or a WCE/GCS($$), not an alleged minnow like us. If the rumours are true I'd think him strolling across the road to a Pies or Tigers mightn't be as likely as some think. If he went to Carlton I'd probably just quit footy.

Could be imagining this last part but also, I've never thought that group of Melbourne lads have ever gotten on well with our boys. That's just reading between the lines here and there.

Surely not.

Caltron do not need another inside mid. They need a FB and a small forward.

If it's not us then the Suns or Swans would be my bet.
You can never have to many good mids
Specially as good as he is

If he leaves it will be Carlton I reckon
Just a guess

Smart money will be on he stays

The Pou
Nas
Max King
That's in the last 4 years as well.

Sacrificing our future on a desperate gamble on a bloke on a mill for 6 years with injury issues is Hanners MkII.

Lyon will look like an idiot as well.

'We want more first round picks to go to the draft'
' Gill said don't try to rebuild all at once'
'Year of exploration'
Quick let's through all that out the window, sacrifice our strategy and our future frdp's potential in an act of desperation for a bloke who won't have Brayshaw, Viney, Petracca Harmes and the rest to take the load off'.

Steele as a tagged showed how easily he can be shut down even with that Melbourne midfield around him.

Absolute fools gold. Some think we topped up in 2019 and sold our future, this will make 2019 look like the good old days of sensible trading.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd think this has more to do with the coaches unhinged behaviour

Goodwin is one strange cat

Could be a part of it. Though he was a bit of a wild child and clashed with the club when he was drafted, but that was before Goodwin came along too.

I do know some of the circles he associates with when he gets home on break, and they have some concerning hobbies. Not claiming he partakes but doesn't always keep the greatest company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back