List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t find the post but read earlier someone saying that Gubby & SOS are not up to much

Went in to say that SOS is a one trick pony - scrapping the dregs from former clubs - GWS then Carlton

Whoever that was they are clearly under selling the bloke

He has made some new and independent decisions - and decided it’s a good idea to do dealings with from as far as I can tell the 2 worst list managers to deal with in the competition- Dodoro & Bell

He’s been in the industry for decades and that’s what he’s come up with

Very Scary stuff

HAVING SAID THAT- I’m trying to maintain composure ( predictive text suggested ‘confidence’ and might it have been right ! ) but I will keep my opinion’s until the trade/draft etc etc period ends

Any theories as to why Essendon are taking so long to lodge the paperwork? Gresh nominated Ess before free agency week had begun and now we're into the final day without progress. Why could/would they be delaying it so much?

I was saying that the coach had loose boundaries ages ago. Got laughed at for saying that he was a bad influence on his players and that I wouldn't want my son going there. The stories of him taking kids gambling and drinking aren't what you expect from a pro sporting coach. He's untouchable because he won a flag but he's going to waste them a potential dynasty list.

Imagine going and telling Oliver to pull his head in when he knows your head is hanging off too.

To be brutally honest I think Oliver (if he is going to continue playing football) needs to play with another club. He needs a strong coach and a strong culture around him.

I don’t know which club would be the best fit for him, but surely he can’t stay at Melbourne. His life is falling apart there.

It won’t happen of course.

Can’t find the post but read earlier someone saying that Gubby & SOS are not up to much

Went in to say that SOS is a one trick pony - scrapping the dregs from former clubs - GWS then Carlton

Whoever that was they are clearly under selling the bloke

He has made some new and independent decisions - and decided it’s a good idea to do dealings with from as far as I can tell the 2 worst list managers to deal with in the competition- Dodoro & Bell

He’s been in the industry for decades and that’s what he’s come up with

Very Scary stuff

HAVING SAID THAT- I’m trying to maintain composure ( predictive text suggested ‘confidence’ and might it have been right ! ) but I will keep my opinion’s until the trade/draft etc etc period ends
Explain to me how he decided where Gresham went to under RFA? Neat trick.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How can they blame SOS or St Kilda? It has nothing to do with him (or our club) until AFTER THE FACT. We are not at that point yet.

Essendon is responsible for everything ATM:

1. Proposing an offer to Gresham
2. Convincing Gresham to nominate them
3. Convincing Gresham to accept their offer
4. Preparing and submitting the offer to the AFL for approval
5. Ensuring the agreement can be afforded within Essendon’s salary cap

This is all about Essendon. It has NOTHING to do with St Kilda. Nothing.

Saints only become relevant AFTER THE FACT. We either match (and force a trade) or we don’t match and Gresham becomes an Essendon player.

Saints are the victim of Essendon’s current incompetence. They seem unable to line their ducks up in a row. That is the fault of the Essendon Football Club.
Reminiscent of the Carlisle trade…painfully slow!

and decided it’s a good idea to do dealings with from as far as I can tell the 2 worst list managers to deal with in the competition- Dodoro & Bell
Tbf, having to deal with Dodoro isn't his fault. It's Gresham's for nominating Ess. As for Bell, again, more the player because they nominated us.

Let's see how this all plays out. We'll be learning a lot about SOS in the next few days

Any theories as to why Essendon are taking so long to lodge the paperwork? Gresh nominated Ess before free agency week had begun and now we're into the final day without progress. Why could/would they be delaying it so much?
Dramatic effect and Dordodo's lame attempt to put SOS under pressure

I don't think we'll ever get a good answer. Both clubs will just play a straight bat and talk about the process.

Alas. At least we'll have an answer in under 24 hours!

Well youd hope.

Dodoro likes to feel important. Loves the limelight and would be basking in the media attention.

Narcissism 101

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't discount a left field outcome with Gresham. Yet to formally nominate after all this time discussing contracts with Essendon.

I've been told that Hawthorn have been in contact with Gresham's management.
If you were the other clubs you'd be smelling some blood in the water. Hawks you'd think could go "Hey Gresh, let's simplify this. 800000 over 3 years and we'll see about adding 2 more." Better than 4 x 600,000 "with incentives" from Ess and it would be done, final, complete.

How can they blame SOS or St Kilda? It has nothing to do with him (or our club) until AFTER THE FACT. We are not at that point yet.

Essendon is responsible for everything ATM:

1. Proposing an offer to Gresham
2. Convincing Gresham to nominate them
3. Convincing Gresham to accept their offer
4. Preparing and submitting the offer to the AFL for approval
5. Ensuring the agreement can be afforded within Essendon’s salary cap

This is all about Essendon. It has NOTHING to do with St Kilda. Nothing.

Saints only become relevant AFTER THE FACT. We either match (and force a trade) or we don’t match and Gresham becomes an Essendon player.

Saints are the victim of Essendon’s current incompetence. They seem unable to line their ducks up in a row. That is the fault of the Essendon Football Club.

I saw some Essendon genius on twitter blaming St Kilda because, get this, we will match if the compo isn't good enough...

If you were the other clubs you'd be smelling some blood in the water. Hawks you'd think could go "Hey Gresh, let's simplify this. 800000 over 3 years and we'll see about adding 2 more." Better than 4 x 600,000 "with incentives" from Ess and it would be done, final, complete.

$800,000 x 2 years would be enough. Band 1.

Then add 2 more years later at a discount.

Win-win.

Dodoro offered the world to everyone, and never thought they'd all say yes. He's still got Sheil on massive coin, Stringer on a decent deal, new deal for Parish, then add McKay on crazy money, Goldstein, now trying to fit Dursma and Gresham in as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if they've undercut Gresham's offer because the Sheil trade plan fell through.

Sounds quality the 22 UltraNoddy. Did you get it in the carpark behind Footscray market?
22 ultra 🙄 gotta get on the 23 by now, but I know nobody earns as much as I do 😎

It must be a hard life for some 😎😎

Is a player nominating a team as a FA in any way binding? Has anyone ever changed the club they nominated? Dont think so
'Nominating' a team isn't a thing. It's nothing more than an agent saying "Player X would like to be traded to Team Y" - nominating is just the term the media runs with to make it sound official......and players aren't locked to any one team until a contract is signed and a trade/FA deal is submitted.

The only nominating that matters is Father-sons.

Gresham and RTB get on well. Both parties know this is a commercial decision. Gresham will go where he gets paid the most... whether it be Essendon or St Kilda.

If Essendon offer him a figure he isn't looking for then we will match.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side as BJ found out.
In all seriousness

If Butters is sniffing to come home

Would anyone be happy with
Butter for NAS..??

In all seriousness

If Butters is sniffing to come home

Would anyone be happy with
Butter for NAS..??
We've entered another dimension of the trade thread, folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad