List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
That settles it then. Derm would know

BjX0B5N.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can any kind Saints supporters tell me if Coffield played any footy on the wing with you guys?

Is that a role he could potentially play?

Also, what are his knocks?

Cheers

Can any kind Saints supporters tell me if Coffield played any footy on the wing with you guys?

Cheers
Well the main one is that he can’t get on the park. It’s proven difficult to assess his performances coz there haven’t been any. Not for a couple of years at least.

In all seriousness

If Butters is sniffing to come home

Would anyone be happy with
Butter for NAS..??

If Nas was desperate to go home but not unless he did. I rate Butters very highly but Nas is the best home grown talent we've had in years so would rather keep him.

Cheers

He really only had two proper years and he played as an intercept back in both of them.

Yes. That was hilarious. Well spotted.

They said PA’s offer of pick 24 for Ratugalea was “never going to cut it”. I think David King said that.

But these Mensa graduates believe Saints should roll over and be grateful that we get second round compensation for Gresham.

This s**t would make a cat laugh.
Yeah, I think it’s the small club Thing with a dollop of “Aints”. Absolutely zero respect, so everything is looked at through that prism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok thanks.

On the back of those seasons, ignoring his injury years, would he have been a lock in your best 22 or is he fringe at best?

Rate him highly as an Intercepting HB that makes good decisions with ball in hand. 5th in the best & fairest in a year we made finals, but then unfortunately has not really played since based on injury. Since then Sinclair and Nas have taken off and our midfield has become our key focus which is why he is on the outer. Def a best 22 player when fit though. Most on here are sad to see him go but understand we need to give some good assets up to focus on improving our midfield.

Any chance you want to give us Bailey Smith for him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok thanks.

On the back of those seasons, ignoring his injury years, would he have been a lock in your best 22 or is he fringe at best?

He was fantastic in 2020. Almost borderline AA. Was leading intercepts and marks across the comp at about round 21. Next year Richardson started dropping him and seemed to be doing some tough love stuff that seemed to make him lose confidence. Then had 2 seasons out injured.

He's really an unknown quantity. If his body holds up he could be an absolute steal. He looked a lot better and more consistent than Hunter Clark has even though HC probably has had more eye catching moments.

According to the panelists on Fox Footy’s ‘Trading Day’ Saints will only get band 3 compensation for Gresham (2nd round) and that we will just have to accept that.

Apparently the threat of matching an Essendon bid for Gresham, if band 2 or even band 3, is a ‘bluff’. I think Dermott Brereton said that. We just have to suck it up and deal with it.

This is media analysis. AFL style.
Derm is a full space cadet. I can’t listen to him on any topic.

Cheers
I guess he’s like a taller but slower Rourke Smith… but with erratic kicking and iffy decision making.

Reads the ball well and can take the odd nice grab, likes to hold up play and chip it sideways.

Hopefully his knees hold up, because we all had high hopes.

Cheers
Untapped - could be anything and play anywhere , started his development at halfback we got him in the draft to eventually become a midfielder.
Will be interesting how good he becomes , he was pick 9 in the draft for a reason.
He was a boy when we were putting games into him and now after 2yrs out due to injury he is a man.

I guess he’s like a taller but slower Rourke Smith… but with erratic kicking and iffy decision making.

Reads the ball well and can take the odd nice grab, likes to hold up play and chip it sideways.

Hopefully his knees hold up, because we all had high hopes.

Shocking assessment!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because I am bored at work and nothing is happening, I thought I would have a crack at a move script. Its called:
Adrian Dodoro – The movie (Feedback welcome)

(Joe Daniher) “Hello Jade. Welcome to the bi-annual meeting of the Essendon trade request survivors club. I am the captain. You can either sit over with Josh Dunkley and Nate Caddy in the big bodied mids corner, or with Bobby Hill and Orazio Fantasia in the small forwards club”

(Jade Gresham) “Thanks Joe. I feel most comfortable with Raz and Bobby as I also don’t tackle”

(Joe Daniher) “Great. We will get started as soon as Paddy Ryder arrives”

Stuart Crameri looks up from the snack bar with a handful of an unknown substance

(Stuart Crameri) “I want to sponsor Zaine Duursma as a provisional member too”

(Joe Daniher) “Do we have a second”

(Dylan Shiel) “I second that. He can join me and Jade in the ‘first-rounder that looked good for a while but never really achieved much’ society”

There is a knock at the door and Bredon Goddard enters

(Brendon Goddard) “Im looking for Jade Gresham”

(Joe Daniher) “How many times do I have to tell you that you cant come in. Now go sit outside next to Ben McKay and wait for us to finish”

(Brendan Goddard) “I don’t want to. Its boring out there and Stringer keeps hitting on the 16yo receptionist”

(Joe Daniher) “Relax, thats Jakes girlfriend not the receptionist. Anyway, Goldy will be by after he is done bonking the real receptionist to sing a song he wrote. Its called ‘I will never play finals again’”

(Brendon Goddard) “Oooo if its as good as ‘7000 days’ then I cant wait”

(Joe Daniher) “Just get out Brendan. Now first order of business, Jade’s membership. Where is the paperwork?”

(Dylan Shiel) “Dankys over there in the corner shredding it”

(Joe Daniher) “Perfect. Now lets get started”

Nick Hind raises his hand to ask a question

(Joe Daniher) “Who the f**k are you?”

(Nick Hind) “Im the guy Adrian got to replace Adam Saad running really fast and turning the ball over at half back all the time”

(Joe Daniher) “You are Conner McKenna?”

(Nick Hind) “Nah he f**ked off back to Ireland and took a year off as it was easier than asking for a trade”

(Jade Gresham) “That idea sounds really appealing about now”

(Nick Hind) “Hey didn’t we play together at the saints”

(Jade Gresham) “Who the f**k are you?”
Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Brereton said that by threatening to match Essendon’s bid for Gresham we are “overplaying our hand”.

WTF does that even mean?

I feel so much dumber for having watched that dribble.
He wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with, but l think the affects of his football career have eroded poor derms brain cell. Plenty of ordinary journalists going around but it amazes me he has a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back