Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Langford has probably played the most in there (Lalor last year). But Langford is quite slow, and doesn't win a lot of clearances yet. He's more of a first receiver who can impact with his raking left boot, but when he wins it himself can struggle to find enough space inside to use it. His best asset is his elite footy IQ which allows him to anticipate the play and be moving into space to receive the footy after a turnover or other transition moment. He's not a super impactful stoppage player yet.
You might be thinking of someone else, Langford’s a clearance machine.

You might be thinking of someone else, Langford’s a clearance machine.
He was improved at the champs at stoppage, and has been improving in that area all year. I still have concerns about his ability to create separation from stoppage to use his kicking skills to full effect given he's a bit slow off the mark.

I disagree that he's a clearance machine.

Edit: okay I checked back over my notes from his talent league games. From the games I've taken the stats, he's had 5, 8, 7 and 9 clearances. So it looks like he has been a clearance beast. I'll take the L on that one.

Last edited:

Some good days out in Coates league yesterday for Day-Wicks , Zak Johnson and Travaglia ( who kicked 2 goals also , wonder if played mid and forward ?)

3 guys I’d be very happy to have at crows
Travaliga definitely one that could go the Hayden Young/Will Day route

Interested to see that game’s highlights to watch his footskills out of the middle

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

The panthers formline has changed due to an 18 yo kid , that’s a massive tick that he could have so much influence on that club

Fingers crossed he doesn't go top 3. Just looks a natural against men.

I'm sure we'd somehow manage to still play him in the twos though.

Fingers crossed he doesn't go top 3. Just looks a natural against men.

I'm sure we'd somehow manage to still play him in the twos though.

Absolutely MUST secure pick 4 and get him.

Im still worried we finish above St Kilda (and amazingly Collingwood) and one of them pick him. Especially if St Kilda get a ridiculous FA comp pick if they lose Battle.

I’m no draft guru and I’ve never seen him play a full game, clearly he can find the ball, but how concerning is his kick? I don’t think I’ve seen very many highlights where it’s been a highly skilled kick, if anything it seems to be the opposite.

Absolutely MUST secure pick 4 and get him.

Im still worried we finish above St Kilda (and amazingly Collingwood) and one of them pick him. Especially if St Kilda get a ridiculous FA comp pick if they lose Battle.
If Battle nets Saints pick 5 compo because the AFL make the compensation based on previous salary cap formula I'm going to be sick.

I’m no draft guru and I’ve never seen him play a full game, clearly he can find the ball, but how concerning is his kick? I don’t think I’ve seen very many highlights where it’s been a highly skilled kick, if anything it seems to be the opposite.
His style looks good to me. Looks more like he's under pressure because he's playing against men for the first time.
Once he gets AFL fit reckon it will be less of a concern.

Hell Oliver, Petracca and Dangerfield have become elite without being good kicks.

His style looks good to me. Looks more like he's under pressure because he's playing against men for the first time.
Once he gets AFL fit reckon it will be less of a concern.

Hell Oliver, Petracca and Dangerfield have become elite without being good kicks.
Sid's a better kick than both Oliver and Dangerfield, Petracca though he misses a few he takes the game on with his kicks as does Dangetrfield, Oliver tends to just go for metreage without much thought a lot of the time. How many mids that play a fair bit inside are great kicks? It comes with the territory, most can hit a target when out in the clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick reminder Fremantle has Collingwood's first round pick this year.

Lachie Schultz
It's incredible how lucky Fremantle has been with some trades.

Pick 2 for Lachie Weller was highway robbery. Schultz for a top 10 pick is highway robbery.

Whilst Tyler Welsh may not have lit up the Nationals (for reasons I've explained before with most of the ball directed at the 2 SA tall towers Tallan Rosenzweig and Charlie Nicholls) only 1 player kicked more goals in the competition small/medium forward Murray Bushrangers Joe Berry with 9 goals, Tyler Welsh 8 and Essendon NGA Isaac Kako 8.

We need to nail our picks in this draft

We're the club that picked

Gallucci at 15
Jones at 8
Mchenry at 16
McAsey at 6
Pedlar at 11

Yeah I can see WCE liking Sid. High upside, high ceiling

If we manage to get pick 4 and Smillie falls to us, I’d snap him up real fast. Otherwise, if NM takes him, I’d go Lalor

You mean like when we've nailed our picks in the last few drafts???
You mean 3 pass drafts after 5 fails??

There's not too much recruiting skill with MM, he fell into our lap as a FS
Curtin is so well-regarded they've given him 2 sub games

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back