Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We have so many holes in our list.
I hope we attack the draft hard for the next couple of years before Tasmania come in.
And I don't want to trade in a middle of the road list clogger as a FA

I'm wishing for Sam Lalor in this years draft
I'd like us to have 5-6 picks this year and start clearing some deadwood on the list

We have so many holes in our list.
I hope we attack the draft hard for the next couple of years before Tasmania come in.
And I don't want to trade in a middle of the road list clogger as a FA

I'm wishing for Sam Lalor in this years draft
I'd like us to have 5-6 picks this year and start clearing some deadwood on the list
surely you’d be happy with Cumming ?

Yeah I can see WCE liking Sid. High upside, high ceiling

If we manage to get pick 4 and Smillie falls to us, I’d snap him up real fast. Otherwise, if NM takes him, I’d go Lalor
I'd have Lalor over Smillie

I’m no draft guru and I’ve never seen him play a full game, clearly he can find the ball, but how concerning is his kick? I don’t think I’ve seen very many highlights where it’s been a highly skilled kick, if anything it seems to be the opposite.

Not elite by any means but looks ok to me technique wise, more concern about his decision making

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg was in the 50s wasn’t he ? Only guy that survived from there draft and he was taken with out last pick

Used picks in the 20’s on Schoenberg and Sam Berry.

Not super high picks but when you that many around that range you need to hit a few.

Only Soligo and Worrell have looked good.

Need Edwards to be something to give us that athletic bigger body

Used picks in the 20’s on Schoenberg and Sam Berry.

Not super high picks but when you that many around that range you need to hit a few.

Only Soligo and Worrell have looked good.

Need Edwards to be something to give us that athletic bigger body
It’s a bit of the same issue as our top picks - we’ve just missed on too many over the past 7 or so years to be competitive. It’s okay (not preferred, but acceptable) to have the occasional screw-up if you hit on everything else - Sydney aren’t hurting from selecting Dylan Stephens at 5, for instance

It’s a bit of the same issue as our top picks - we’ve just missed on too many over the past 7 or so years to be competitive. It’s okay (not preferred, but acceptable) to have the occasional screw-up if you hit on everything else - Sydney aren’t hurting from selecting Dylan Stephens at 5, for instance
No, but with an academy like theirs - Blakey, Gulden, Heeney, Mills. It would be nice to have an academy producing that level of player regularly that we could have access to

No, but with an academy like theirs - Blakey, Gulden, Heeney, Mills. It would be nice to have an academy producing that level of player regularly that we could have access to
Yep be nice , but they also drafted Chad Warner , James Rowbottom and Justin Mcinerny

We’d be in raptures if we drafted any of those

Still reckon we could have done some trading and bid on gulden as early as possible and surprised them as they were committed to taking Braeden Campbell who was a consensus high pick , would have made it very interesting as they hadn’t planned for gulden to go at pointy end

Could have done same with Will Graham from GC last year , just the type of powerful mid we need

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back