Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We desperately need new coaches so we don't "Chayce Jones" our most prized midfield pick ever

Can't quite understand why Northern Kights captain Zak Johnston isn't getting more fanfare given if he was born a week later he'd be in the 2025 draft.
Midfielder/Forward, nice size already at 185cm 79 kg, athletically gifted, sub 3sec 20m just screams big upside to me.
* Edit - Forgot to mention all round excellent skills and good footy I Q.

If he's still there at any of our picks after the first he could be a Soligo type bargain IMO.
Wonder if his knock is competiveness ?

Agree though he’s a classy type and good attributes

They’re the types that might be available mid / late draft this year , really good players

Wonder if his knock is competiveness ?

Agree though he’s a classy type and good attributes

They’re the types that might be available mid / late draft this year , really good players
He's basically an U17's player playing against U18's....will still be 17 when he becomes an AFL listed player. Compare Jagga Smith with a January 2006 birthday with Johnson's December birthday.
Reckon he would have gone alright in that U17 game only being a few days older than several of them.

I don't know about others but I always look at draftees with very late birthdays compared to others with early birthdays.

We desperately need new coaches so we don't "Chayce Jones" our most prized midfield pick ever
Hamish will still be there.

Either Langford, Draper or FOS with pick 4 best talent in the top 10 in my opinion.

Landord left footer elite skills great size. Draper good skills fast seems to have good footy iq. O’Sullivan has good size and skill evasive for a big fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either Langford, Draper or FOS with pick 4 best talent in the top 10 in my opinion.

Landord left footer elite skills great size. Draper good skills fast seems to have good footy iq. O’Sullivan has good size and skill evasive for a big fella.
If you want footskills, you want FOS

Langford gets very good penetration, but i'm not a huge fan of his actual skills

FOS or Draper, who you picking DiT?
Draper, better production this year

FOS might be the most talented in the crop, but due to injury his production has been quite iffy this year. I'd still be happy to take him if he was there, though

Oh, and SA > Vic Metro for us

Any of Smillie/Draper/Lalor/FOS would please me

Five out of five now with another excellent SANFL performance from Sid Draper as he keeps adding to his pick 1 CV. This time around his South Adelaide team copped a bit of a pasting so we got a chance to see how he responded to the adversity, and he kept up his typical competitive intensity throughout. Just like every week we got some wow moments from Sid, spinning out of tackles and bursting clear of congestion.

Travaglia one of best players on the ground in first quarter of his 2nd VFL game

Playing half back with 8 disposals already

Just a very good player that can play anywhere

Langford struggling so far , needs to get on the move more as this game is a different pace to Coates league
You see travaglia becoming a will day type player?

Thilthorpe aside, 2020 draft is looking like a flop.
Rachele at 6 in 2021 also looking poor.

15 touches and more than a goal a game in a bottom 4 side playing almost exclusively forward is a great return

People have been very quick to turn on Rachele

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back