Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He's good. But he's not pick 6 good.

Disagree. In a good side he can be a damaging 20 touch 2 goal a game half forward.

Also take a look at the 2021 first round. Bit of a stinker

15 touches and more than a goal a game in a bottom 4 side playing almost exclusively forward is a great return

People have been very quick to turn on Rachele
Agree

He needs to get better at some things but he’s a genuine match winner

This is first year he’s played any good games after the bye , by next year he should be more consistent in all facets of the game

Agree

He needs to get better at some things but he’s a genuine match winner

This is first year he’s played any good games after the bye , by next year he should be more consistent in all facets of the game

Yep. Just compare his output to all the players we've tried in that role (Jones, McHenry, Berry, etc.). It far exceeds the usual return we get from a player of his experience

I used to say the same about Tex, got smashed commonly and even booed because he stood out, was a character, said a few things at times instead of being a robot.

Same happens with Rachele.
People want these types in the game but complain and line them up in cross-hairs when they do exist.

Five out of five now with another excellent SANFL performance from Sid Draper as he keeps adding to his pick 1 CV. This time around his South Adelaide team copped a bit of a pasting so we got a chance to see how he responded to the adversity, and he kept up his typical competitive intensity throughout. Just like every week we got some wow moments from Sid, spinning out of tackles and bursting clear of congestion.

Boy, what about comment "He's better than Bryce Gibbs at the same age". Does any draft watcher agree with that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to say the same about Tex, got smashed commonly and even booed because he stood out, was a character, said a few things at times instead of being a robot.

Same happens with Rachele.
People want these types in the game but complain and line them up in cross-hairs when they do exist.
I have no problem with what rachele said or did or fog during the week.what they need to do is back up the talk with action...every time as talk is cheap

I have no problem with what rachele said or did or fog during the week.what they need to do is back up the talk with action...every time as talk is cheap
You can't back it up every time without fail.
Things just don't work that way.

Also it's hard for them to control a midfield being so poor meaning they barely see the ball and when they do, it's brought forward like a sack of shit.

We were going ok until Izak was taken out. 1st we lost our probably best player. 2nd we lost focus from it.

A bad thing maybe in the moment but they'll learn from it and it's good to see the care they actually truly must have for their team mate.

Who does Draper play like? From the 30 second highlights I just saw he looks a bit like a Zak Butters type? Good lateral movement, not a huge body but can use it well. OK disposal only?

Chargers lead the Rebels 3.5 to 3.3 at the end of the 1st quarter after Ollie Hannoford marks 40 out on a tight angle and goals after the siren.

Jagga Smuth had a bit of it Lalor and Gross fairly quiet so far. Chargers superior in the aitr with Richardson ans Emmett taking some nice overhead marks. No real standouts yet.

He’s got more speed and more power , similar agility

Nowhere near the same skill by foot or freakishness
Is there any footage of him using his speed and power to get himself or the ball out of congestion? My concern on what I’ve seen so far is that he’s like a bee in a bottle - extremely high energy, but not very effective in tight spaces.

1/2 time Chargers vs Rebels

Chargers 6.7
Rebels 6.6

Jagga Smith doing well, Sam Lalor now working into the game and took one of his signiture big overhead marks, Tom Gross not a lot of impact as yet, Louis Emmett and Charlie Richardson supreme in the air for the Chargers, Rebels 180cm utility Ollie Hannaford unstoppable up forward today with 4 goals, hard as a cat's head and capable also as a quick small defender or mid as well.

The more I've seen of all the prospects he's what we actually need.
The footskills don't worry me, most top end talent midfielders aren't amazing by foot. Butters is an exception.
Yep I’ve got him near pointy end for what we need too and also on a talent basis

Haven’t got him in same category as Harley Reid , Sheezel , Will Ashcroft or Mckercher unfort which is what we really need

Yep I’ve got him near pointy end for what we need too and also on a talent basis

Haven’t got him in same category as Harley Reid , Sheezel , Will Ashcroft or Mckercher unfort which is what we really need
He’s probably #2 behind Lombard for me, now

I think he could absolutely be a high-end production guy, maybe Treloar is a good comparison?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back