Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we tanking next week just to be sure?
If we lose this week then it is basically locked in. If we win we are still a pretty good chance to finish below them after they won yesterday.

They play both the Eagles and Tigers in the run home which both should be wins. That will finish them up on 8 wins. We are currently on 5.5 wins. So we need to win 3 out of our last 7 games to jump them. We play Saints, Bombers away, Hawks home, Geelong away, Bulldogs home, Port home an Sydney away.

If we do beat the Saints this week, we then need to win 2 out of Hawks, Bulldogs and Power at home. Assuming we the lose all the away games.

Stepping up a level to play his first senior SANFL game of the season Sid Draper turned in a seriously impressive display and proved that he can match it against the mature bodies. Playing almost entirely through the middle he finished among the best for South Adelaide with 23 possessions and put to rest any questions about his defensive work rate with 11 tackles among numerous other pressure acts.

Stepping up a level to play his first senior SANFL game of the season Sid Draper turned in a seriously impressive display and proved that he can match it against the mature bodies. Playing almost entirely through the middle he finished among the best for South Adelaide with 23 possessions and put to rest any questions about his defensive work rate with 11 tackles among numerous other pressure acts.

Cheers noober, love the videos.

This is really impressive stuff, looks like Draper is back near full fitness. Love that mixture of speed, power and balance. I can see the Warner comparisons. Reckon he's the ideal profile for our mid mix. Being a local is a nice plus.

I’m no drafting guru, but I have got a couple of questions based on the recent highlights videos.

I didn’t see him getting many damaging possessions away from the inside to the outside. A lot of short or loopy over the top handballs. Is he usually better than that by hand?

I was hoping to see some really damaging play but the impression I got (I know, I know, 3 min highlight videos etc) was a hard working, hard at it,not tall, quick but not lightning, not especially damaging, inside/outside mid.

What are his key strengths? What am I missing that makes him a top 10 pick?

I’m no drafting guru, but I have got a couple of questions based on the recent highlights videos.

I didn’t see him getting many damaging possessions away from the inside to the outside. A lot of short or loopy over the top handballs. Is he usually better than that by hand?

I was hoping to see some really damaging play but the impression I got (I know, I know, 3 min highlight videos etc) was a hard working, hard at it,not tall, quick but not lightning, not especially damaging, inside/outside mid.

What are his key strengths? What am I missing that makes him a top 10 pick?

I see a skilled, explosive player who excels at getting the ball from inside to out; he can win his own ball and hurt the opponent either with disposals or by carrying the ball upfield. Some of the handballs need work but that feels eminently fixable. He's getting lots of touches and impacting a game against men while playing pure inside mid. That's really impressive imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crystal balling...Freo bundle up their 3 x 1st rd picks to trade to whoever has pick 1 - which is then traded onto Sydney for Warner.

Sydney know they're not going to get a better pick for Warner if he leaves in free agency, which looks likely - and if those rules change they may only end up with an end of 1st round pick.

WCE, Richmond, Norf - all lacking depth of talent, get 3 x 1st round picks (10,13,16) in a super strong draft.

Freo get arguably the best midfield in the game with Warner, Serong, Young and Brayshaw and become a premiership favourite.

Alternatively, WCE cut out the middle man and trade their pick (likely 1 or 2 with their draw) to Sydney and team Warner with Harley and Gibney for a power punch of a midfield to get them right back on track.

Yeah, Moir has

He's played 13 games in the VFL, averaging 10 touches. Carlton fans reckon it's a pretty poor development environment and that he's shown a bit. Still, a far cry (so far) from what people were expecting from him in his underage year.
Has he shown enough to look at trying to get him back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back