Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we making a bid on Ben Camporeale just to mess Carlton up.
Wouldn't think so

We really don't have the picks to be doing anything too fancy unless we trade some 2025 picks out for this draft or trade player/s of value.

Genuinely not saying this from a self interest POV but Ben Campo would be the absolute last player you'd want to be bidding on as the Crows. If you somehow got stuck with him he's about as far from what the Crows need as you could ever get.

Handball first defensive inside mid with mediocre/poor footskills. We'll no doubt pick him up but he'll be a project for us despite being a fantastic accumulator and having a strong inside game. Doubt he sees any regular action in our team until Cripps and Hewett are gone.

#1 Jermaine Miller​

SA U16 Team - Game 3​

2024 Marsh AFL U16 National Championships
Game 3 v Victoria Country
Friday July 12 at Fankhauser Reserves, Southport from 11.15am (SA time)
SOUTH AUSTRALIA

F: Ryan Davies (Sturt), Brodie Bretones (South), Memphis Webb (North)
HF: Koby Moir (Glenelg), Cain Florance (South), Jermaine Miller (Central)
C: Harvey Croker (Glenelg), Angus White (South), Taj Garrett (Sturt)
HB: Zack Young (North), Dougie Cochrane (Central), Jack Gordon (Central)
B: Kale Matthews-Hampton (Sturt), Harry Franz (Glenelg), Mitch Harris (Eagles)

R: Ethan Herbert (North), Archie Van Dyk (South), Kodah Edwards (South)
INT: Jack Marks (Eagles), Jacob McNicol (Glenelg), Harvey Raidis (Glenelg), Will Cameron (Central), Jack Leys (Eagles)
EMG: Harvey Chapman (Sturt)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of things can happen in two years but the list of Kevin Sheehan medallists is pretty prestigious. Finn O'Sullivan, Dyson Sharp, Conor Rozee, Josh Rachele, Adam Treloar and Tom Mitchell all won it.

If hes next on our talent order then we will. We have done it in the past. Like bidding on Jamarra knowing Bulldogs were always matching. The getting Thilthorpe. It would have been funny if if they didnt match and we had Jamarra and then Thilthorpe went at 2 or 3.

From a poster on the Hawks board:

'My mate coaches South Adelaide and Sid Draper played on the weekend SANFL. Played really well, my mate said he is better than JHF at the same age, as he coached him at south too. He reckons Sid will captain an AFL team one day, no go home or dickhead factor like JHF. He probably won’t get past the crows pick, but if he does and we could get him, would be huge.'

Goes without saying any form he picks up in the seniors at Panthers will outweigh anything he did in U18's Championships. Just shows he has a great chance to be a straight up starter for any club next year in being able to mix it with grown men.

I rate Draper highly and he probably has almost all players covered for leadership at his age but he's a few rungs below JHF on the high end who is a powerful and damaging weapon. He also had those traits from a very young age. Draper just has him for leadership and work ethic/rate

I'd be very comfortable drafting Draper with our first, he is a midfielder 101, his phone box work inside is as good as you get, superb ability to keep moving at the stoppage, agility, sidestep in traffic and ability to change direction/swivel on a dime. He is Cousins like in that particular aspect of the game (and that's where the comparison stops mind you). His improvements needed are penetration, clean skills and damage, but he won't stop until you pull out his plug. Gut runner.

Andrew Swallow/Sam Walsh hybrid is the type of player you will get.

I rate Draper highly and he probably has almost all players covered for leadership at his age but he's a few rungs below JHF on the high end who is a powerful and damaging weapon. He also had those traits from a very young age. Draper just has him for leadership and work ethic/rate

I'd be very comfortable drafting Draper with our first, he is a midfielder 101, his phone box work inside is as good as you get, superb ability to keep moving at the stoppage, agility, sidestep in traffic and ability to change direction/swivel on a dime. He is Cousins like in that particular aspect of the game (and that's where the comparison stops mind you). His improvements needed are penetration, clean skills and damage, but he won't stop until you pull out his plug. Gut runner.

Andrew Swallow/Sam Walsh hybrid is the type of player you will get.
I want a midfielder who loves to kick goals. Is he one of those?

Think I’m sold on Lalor at our first pick
Ticks all the boxes we need

Should be chasing Gold Coasts pick 8 as it stands then we can
It’ll get sucked up by Lombard bid

GC 2024 1st for our 2025 1st

Draft

5- Lalor
8- Draper

Welsh f/s
You know Haggis will take a key defender.

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back